• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why I’ll Never Return to Singapore

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
extract from the article:

I would describe my time living in Singapore as sterile. Nothing particularly bad happened, but it wasn’t particularly good either. Daily life was convenient, but it was only the bare minimum of living. I had everything I needed to be comfortable, but I didn’t have anything that inspired me. Even though there wasn’t a language barrier, I encountered a hefty communication barrier. In my experience, people were polite but conversations rarely moved past surface-level niceties. Of the conversations that I took part in and overheard, the vast majority of them were about work. I routinely watched people work 15 hours days and stress over strict deadlines. Yes it was living, and they were making progress, but it wasn’t holistic and people openly admitted to me that it wasn’t fulfilling.

the author isnt going to be happy overseas either. the problems are inherent in himself. inspiration can be found in a grain of sand. good conversations happen when you open up truthfully and honestly. people who work 15 hours have made certain lifestyle choices they are trying to maintain.

he got a point...from a pap supporter's perspective, s'pore is stressed up!

http://www.lifelisted.com/blog/happens-everything-goes-right/

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
boh lui...? i already got visa for down under but i can't find a job, australia's economy also not doing well..besides, there is no one to look after my aged mum. i am the arrowed sibling to do the task.

Did you say you were leaving Singapore too? Changed your mind?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
boh lui...? i already got visa for down under but i can't find a job, australia's economy also not doing well..besides, there is no one to look after my aged mum. i am the arrowed sibling to do the task.

this cannot that cannot..you must be the product of sinkie uncreative zombie education...enjoy getting stuck in sinkieland and then rot and die there.

crossroads

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Oh I see , then you must know that once you are over 40 years old its not so easy to go to Australia anymore.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know that once you hit 44 or 45, they will not approve but once i get a job, i will fly over.

this cannot that cannot..you must be the product of sinkie uncreative zombie education...enjoy getting stuck in sinkieland and then rot and die there.

Oh I see , then you must know that once you are over 40 years old its not so easy to go to Australia anymore.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very soon he'll kpkb about poor food, shoddy service, discrimination, high taxes, and chobolan government. and then cry a whole river wanting to return to sg when his welfare runs out and medical bills become too expensive. just wait and see. :rolleyes:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
btw, mine is spousal visa...:p

very soon he'll kpkb about poor food, shoddy service, discrimination, high taxes, and chobolan government. and then cry a whole river wanting to return to sg when his welfare runs out and medical bills become too expensive. just wait and see. :rolleyes:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good riddance. We don't need these sorts of disloyal subjects.

That's your problem ...you think like an emperor. Sinkees are not subjects ...they are the bosses.

If you want to run a kingdom, Mudland is the place for you. But you won't qualify as you are not bumi. Your offspring can qualify if you marry a muslim and convert. Then you die die make sure your offspring is a male.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Depends where he goes lah. To US, he will react that. To other countries where healthcare is tax funded, no need to worry.

If he goes to Nordic countries, his quality of life shoots up 1,000 percent! No reason to kpkb.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
extract from the article:

the author isnt going to be happy overseas either. the problems are inherent in himself. inspiration can be found in a grain of sand. good conversations happen when you open up truthfully and honestly. people who work 15 hours have made certain lifestyle choices they are trying to maintain.

I disagree. He pointed out the superficiality of life in sinkapore. The trade-offs are not worth it. Give me a one-way pass to any western country, I will take it in a jiffy. I will even settle in Costa Rica or Chile.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Depends where he goes lah. To US, he will react that. To other countries where healthcare is tax funded, no need to worry.

If he goes to Nordic countries, his quality of life shoots up 1,000 percent! No reason to kpkb.

he'll kpkb about being too frigid and cold. his lanjiao and lumpar will shrink, and then he'll kpkb about that too. :rolleyes: