• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how come so many Indian FTs holding senior banking/IT positions in Singapore?

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
they must be extremely intelligent and capable compared to Sinkies or FTs of other nationalities.

many of those Indian FTs hold degrees from prestigious universities as well.

We need to emulate them.:p

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Neh in IT all net working, they get their own if there is a vacancy, might not be direct employment but by contract.

danielsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
They employ their own people! Help their own people! We always try to make space for them, in the end, we suffer the most!

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love the ah neh people!! They are very generous generous people.

When you go to Ah Neh restaurants they always give you more than enough rice.

Later they still ask you if you have enough! I am not even Ah Neh!

Their customer service is lumber one!! I wish Singaporeans or Chinese can learn a thing or two from the Ah Nehs!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they must be extremely intelligent and capable compared to Sinkies or FTs of other nationalities.

The pappies signed a comprehensive FTA with India.

Therefore, having a horde of their people coming here to work is also part of the deal.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Neh in IT all net working, they get their own if there is a vacancy, might not be direct employment but by contract.

Once an Ah Neh or Pinoy gets into the HR department and starts making decisions regarding who to hire and who to fire, that's it for the company.

It's like getting infected with the AIDS virus... they'll keep multiplying.

Heard plenty of horror stories from my friends and from the reservist people I'm acquainted with.

This is fact, not xenophobic rhetoric.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I love the ah neh people!! They are very generous generous people.

When you go to Ah Neh restaurants they always give you more than enough rice.

Later they still ask you if you have enough! I am not even Ah Neh!

Their customer service is lumber one!! I wish Singaporeans or Chinese can learn a thing or two from the Ah Nehs!

ROFL i once saw a pink flying elephant fly pass my house. I tried catching a second glimpse and lo and behold it flew pass my house again.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once an Ah Neh or Pinoy gets into the HR department and starts making decisions regarding who to hire and who to fire, that's it for the company.

It's like getting infected with the AIDS virus... they'll keep multiplying.

Heard plenty of horror stories from my friends and from the reservist people I'm acquainted with.

This is fact, not xenophobic rhetoric.

Funny how come these shit skins or pee noys don't feel it's xenophobic when they only hire their own kind. Basket that's why i tell people to be racially aware and they will notice shit like that and not feel guilty of being "racist". Some stupid chinese dogs in here even chided me on this about racial awareness by that TFBH who is a big chinese dog unsurprisingly.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only the finance and banking sectors. Now the Pappies are talking about setting up cybersecurity hub. hub this hub that.

That will be another excuse to ship in another 100,000. Like Singapore owes them a living.

The pappies signed a comprehensive FTA with India.

Therefore, having a horde of their people coming here to work is also part of the deal.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from a local recruiter that MOM has been recently hauling them in to try and find out how the fark so many ah nehs and pinoys ended up displacing singkies and in particular they singled out Citibank - it's as if someone finally woke up and started counting the number of overwhelming FTs in Citibank and realised "oh shit" - FIs here are all feeling the heat now and are trying hard to make up the Singkie numbers - but recruiters are also realising that FIs are now asking for ridiculous experience (not qualifications) in their ads which then helps them explain away why no local singkie can fill the role. round and round they go.

The FT policy has run out of hand and they are trying to claw it back (hence the "we are in no rush to extend the scope of FATCA" recently ploy with India). Look at some of the ads on the job bank for Finance-type roles - the requirements for even mid-level roles are fantastical. No way a Singkies could have that experience having only worked locally - that in itself means that the FI will have to look in Europe/N. America for someone who has such specific experience - it is not unusual for FTs to draft job descriptions that meet the experience/qualifications of their friends and then give a heads up to HR because the Head of HR is also an expat. In some jurisdictions the Labour department will not approve Foreigners as HEad of HR because of the obvious problem that the company would be over-run by like-countrymen and the locals will get displaced. Not here though.

At the end of the day the possibility that they would lose even more voting ground because they flooded this country with Ah Nehs, Ah Tiongs and Pinoys is becoming a starker reality and they are not gonna allow themselves to be run out of power because of some sentimentality over 3rd world migrants. Those are big markets for their GLCs but if they are not in power it won't matter - got themselves into a right pickle as they say! All singkie problems are now attributed to the same source - the open leg FT policy.

Last edited:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you sure these FTs are not fakers holding self made degrees?

As long as they are not vetted, these foreigners cannot be trusted to have obtained their degrees legitimately. If they are really that good, they will not be cramped into a small island. They will be flying high in USA or Europe.

The Indian guy from the local university in sinkie land even managed to publish some papers even though he was a fake until he was found out when he went over to the university in USA.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is why we the voters must not give the PAP a chance at the polls. Destroy their overwhelming 2/3 parliamentary majority and electoral win margins, and make them shiver in their pants for fear of losing their million dollar salaries. Keep them on their toes, and stick the spur in their hinds to make them slog harder and not forget to please us as they should be.

Heard from a local recruiter that MOM has been recently hauling them in to try and find out how the fark so many ah nehs and pinoys ended up displacing singkies and in particular they singled out Citibank - it's as if someone finally woke up and started counting the number of overwhelming FTs in Citibank and realised "oh shit" - FIs here are all feeling the heat now and are trying hard to make up the Singkie numbers - but recruiters are also realising that FIs are now asking for ridiculous experience (not qualifications) in their ads which then helps them explain away why no local singkie can fill the role. round and round they go.
The FT policy has run out of hand and they are trying to claw it back. Look at some of the ads on the job bank for Finance-type roles - the requirements for even mid-level roles are fantastical. No way a Singkies could have that experience having only worked locally - that in itself means that the FI will have to look in Europe/N. America for someone who has such specific experience - it is not unusual for FTs to draft job descriptions that meet the experience/qualifications of their friends and then give a heads up to HR because the Head of HR is also an expat. In some jurisdictions the Labour department will not approve Foreigners as HEad of HR because of the obvious problem that the company would be over-run by like-countrymen and the locals will get displaced. Not here though.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....Heard from a local recruiter that MOM has been recently hauling them in to try and find out how the fark so many ah nehs and pinoys ended up displacing singkies and in particular they singled out Citibank - it's as if someone finally woke up and started counting the number of overwhelming FTs in Citibank and realised "oh shit"....

GE 2016 coming lah and MOM suddenly realised that if they did not clean up the shit, the jobless and soon to be jobless sinkies will hantam papees in the poll.

After the poll is over, sinkies will get screwed again and FTs will still have the upper hand when they compete with sinkies for jobs in the market. Too many companies owned and run by FTs in sinkie land and they prefer to employ their country men. Since the paps allowed it, these FT exploited it.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure these FTs are not fakers holding self made degrees?

As long as they are not vetted, these foreigners cannot be trusted to have obtained their degrees legitimately. If they are really that good, they will not be cramped into a small island. They will be flying high in USA or Europe.

The Indian guy from the local university in sinkie land even managed to publish some papers even though he was a fake until he was found out when he went over to the university in USA.

If you look through the job sites you will notice how much emphasis is on the wide-experience required. It's beyond just paper qualifications. That is the reality of working life eventually is that your experience counts. But what is shocking is how apparently a third-world economy like India can produce quants who have experience of such sophisticated finance modelling and products yet our local singkies living in a "financial" hub don't.

I shudder to think what kind of financial stress models are being generated by them and how those products have been packaged. This sounds prejudiced but explain to me how a third world economy can produce such fantastical bankers and traders who can outperform singkies? And once they get in the door locally then of course they start picking up the experience whilst the locals are in the back office or worse still not even in the Building because they did not make the cut. This is one heck of a chicken and egg conundrum.

One thing of interest is that the atas ah neh FTs look down on the local darker southern indians - this has not gone unnoticed by the Pappies themselves as some of their own have been talked down to as I heard - curious to see how that friction eventually plays out.

Just wished local singkies could have better articulation and grow some balls to stand up to these obnoxious sorts.

Last edited:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...and make them shiver in their pants for fear of losing their million dollar salaries...

Which papee Minister or MP would shiver in their pants if they were voted out in GE2016? None.

After being an MP and Minister for 5 long years, they were already "half million hairs" and "full million hairs" respectively. A comfortable life ahead awaits them if not re-elected. No big deal.

There are probably many private companies waiting to appoint them as directors, they will never be jobless. Georgie Boy is still flying high even though he was not re-elected. Shivering in his pants? He is laughing in his sleep every night.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe not singly but collectively if the incumbents lose more ground then lost of face, lost of popular mandate and more social network humtumming will happen.....why do you think the likes of Calvin are talking about the "threat" of liberal educated singkies? The liberals = the lefties = the commies.....scare the core voters by reminding them of what happened in the lates 50s/60s ie history repeating itself.....but the real issue is the new generation voters who are now struggling against an onslaught of FTs and closing ranks as singkies against those that have been voted to govern as a democracy but instead are deemed by social media as a plutocratic model of governance.....look at how many people have their heads buried in their phones on the MRT/buses daily...they are not exactly flipping through the 154th website.....so you cannot control the propaganda anymore and every time you try to introduce a new sweetener (without talking about the limitations) the social media CSI will start digging dirt up (eg the Pioneer Card).... Seriously they can do quite simple things - why only give free access to sports facilities to Pioneer Athletes (how many are there?) - would it not have been better just to give free access to Over 60s? How often will they go anyway? But at least you would show genuine generosity.....but focusing on wayang gets you into these situations....

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...If you look through the job sites you will notice how much emphasis is on the wide-experience required. It's beyond just paper qualifications. That is the reality of working life eventually is that your experience counts....

If the recruitment ad calls for certain qualification and experience, and the HR Head is the authority who decides which candidate has that experience, it follows logically the HR Head if recruiting his own countrymen may just overlook that experience and simply put the new staff on "job training and assimilation." Who is wiser enough to question why such job training and assimilation cannot be applied?

Ultimately if the monkey is determined to pluck that coconut, it will be plucked. The papees are no match against these scheming foreigners.