• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

5 Scoot flights delayed, passengers create commotion at Changi Airport

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are our budget airlines so fucked up? Shows SG businesses' vulnerabilities when competing against other regional businesses.

I tried to book a flight via the flyscoot.com but it can't even process credit card payments. I hung up after waiting half an hour on their hot line. In today's business, making people wait more than 10 minutes on the customer support hot line is a cardinal sin.

Just last month they also lost my friend's luggage while she was flying to Australia for holiday. Same thing with the customer hotline.

GLCs and their subsidiaries are all fucked up. Look at the people whom the pappies appoint as the CEOs and directors. :rolleyes:

If you want to fly budget airlines, choose Jetstar Asia or AirAsia instead.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If flights are delayed due to weather conditions I think no one will kpkb at the airlines. But if the flight monitoring system goes down and fucks up your whole travel schedule, someone must be accountable.

air traffic control systems go down frequently at o'hare. i've posted on these massive breakdowns before. in may of this year, i ended up sleeping on a cot next to thousands of other passengers at o'hare after the air traffic control was shutdown early in the morning causing stranding of hundreds of thousands at the airport. and not too long ago, it happened again, but the duration was longer as the facility was destroyed by fire, and they had to rebuild. while lying down on my cot at o'hare, everybody else was respectful and considerate. it was a pleasant experience in the middle of a packed terminal despite the crowd with no planes to catch. and even urban blacks with an entitlement complex and trimester pregnant women were pretty calm. :o

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....hicago-wait-for-SG-Changi-Airport-to-get-this

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GLCs and their subsidiaries are all fucked up. Look at the people whom the pappies appoint as the CEOs and directors. :rolleyes:

Yes I agree... this is a big contributing reason why sinkie private companies have a fucked up stat board culture. You wonder how many can really make it without Madam Ho's patronage,

If you want to fly budget airlines, choose Jetstar Asia or AirAsia instead.

Case and point, actually..

Given SIA's success as a market leader, it's a shame Tiger and Scoot can't even leverage on their operation knowledge or technical efficiencies. There is really no excuse why other budget airline start-ups consistently beat our guys in this market segment.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
air traffic control systems go down frequently at o'hare. i've posted on these massive breakdowns before. in may of this year, i ended up sleeping on a cot next to thousands of other passengers at o'hare after the air traffic control was shutdown early in the morning causing stranding of hundreds of thousands at the airport. and not too long ago, it happened again, but the duration was longer as the facility was destroyed by fire, and they had to rebuild. while lying down on my cot at o'hare, everybody else was respectful and considerate. it was a pleasant experience in the middle of a packed terminal despite the crowd with no planes to catch. and even urban blacks with an entitlement complex and trimester pregnant women were pretty calm. :o

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....hicago-wait-for-SG-Changi-Airport-to-get-this

Who creates sinkie hectic life style at first?
Culprit should be "Winners take all" acclaimed by PAP in the past.
I do not think we have had "kiasu, kiasi" mindset during our parent time... 1950's.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who creates sinkie hectic life style at first?
Culprit should be "Winners take all" acclaimed by PAP in the past.
I do not think we have had "kiasu, kiasi" mindset during our parent time... 1950's.

it's self-inflicted. sinkies have only themselves to blame.

sinkies waiting in line to get their hands on hello kitty toys....:rolleyes:
image.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these operations problems are due to poor IT system performance. This is a typical problem with sinkie companies - the reluctance to invest in processes and technology but over-reliant on cheapo human labour to run their operations. Remember what happened in great MRT breakdown of 2010? No contingency plans were in place to handle exceptional events. From the top management to the staff on the ground, no one knew what to do.

Imagine if a system glitch caused a sinkie plane to crash?

When Tiger 1st started I did give them a try. I remember that they actually gave passengers a free complimentary drink:eek: Just imagine a FREE drink from a GLC:eek::eek: I was happy with the service & continued using them.

However Tiger screwed up:rolleyes:

Their IT people made changes to their online booking system which prevented me from booking a tix. As a result of the changes I was unable to see & input information into some of the fields. I did try to give them feedback but they didn't correct the problem. From time to time I did re-visit their site & noticed that the problem was never corrected. I stopped visiting their site after about a year.

Maybe I had a problem because I was using a Macintosh computer but whatever the problem I never flew with them again.

Contract the experience to Airasia. Airasia made changes which made booking a flight tedious & irritating because you had to un-select plenty of option e.g. paying for seat selection, insurance, paid meals, $ for check in baggage,...etc They must have receive plenty of complaints because today these options are just options & you can ignore them.