• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

5 Scoot flights delayed, passengers create commotion at Changi Airport

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/exe...086871833?nk=5038b289dc8eb4491064d45e2a561df0

[h=2]5 Scoot flights delayed, 
passengers create commotion at Changi Airport[/h]

Oct 12, 2014 6:00am

5181 165 3 5386 <!--span class='st_fblike_hcount share-top' displayText='Facebook Like'></span-->

[h=3][/h]
NP_20141012_HYDELAY-6XF_637236.jpg
stuck: Passengers affected by the delay of Scoot flights. PICTURE: FACEBOOK/FLYSCOOT

<button class="navPrev">Previous</button><button class="navNext">Next</button>

By: Chai Hung Yin
Angry customers surrounded airline staff at Changi Airport yesterday morning after their flights were delayed.
According to Scoot, five flights were affected after their booking system failed. One man said his flight was delayed for nine hours. Plus he and other passengers were allowed to board a plane, only to be told to disembark later.
Other budget airlines also reported problems with their systems on their social media feeds.
Read the full report in our print edition on Oct 12. Subscribe to The New Paper, now available in print and digital, at http://bit.Iy/tnpeshop.

- See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/5-scoot-flig...-changi-airport#sthash.ZahOpMcX.FB7OLpHC.dpuf

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whoa. So many people want to get away from the haze :eek:

I'll be joining them soon but fortunately I will not be using Scoot.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scoot cannot fly away from home soil, then imagine what will happen in foreign airports.
Better take scooter by land.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Other countries have budget airline.. And sinkieland wanna have that too..

Hello.. Sinkies.. Budget airline is for people who got balls... You no balls and yet wanna waste money and give people problems..

So sinkies create business is to create problems for others.. I am so right to stay away from sinkies shit.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My advice for all human being who wanna have a problem free life.. Just stay away from sinkies and their pathetic business and you will be doing fine.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Other countries have budget airline.. And sinkieland wanna have that too..

Hello.. Sinkies.. Budget airline is for people who got balls... You no balls and yet wanna waste money and give people problems..

So sinkies create business is to create problems for others.. I am so right to stay away from sinkies shit.

Then feel free to fuck back to matland for good.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are our budget airlines so fucked up? Shows SG businesses' vulnerabilities when competing against other regional businesses.

I tried to book a flight via the flyscoot.com but it can't even process credit card payments. I hung up after waiting half an hour on their hot line. In today's business, making people wait more than 10 minutes on the customer support hot line is a cardinal sin.

Just last month they also lost my friend's luggage while she was flying to Australia for holiday. Same thing with the customer hotline.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why are our budget airlines so fucked up? Shows SG businesses' vulnerabilities when competing against other regional businesses.

I tried to book a flight via the flyscoot.com but it can't even process credit card payments. I hung up after waiting half an hour on their hot line. In today's business, making people wait more than 10 minutes on the customer support hot line is a cardinal sin.

Just last month they also lost my friend's luggage while she was flying to Australia for holiday. Same thing with the customer hotline.

sinkies just never learnt...still wanna fly sinkie airline.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another example of 3rd world service in a self proclaimed first world country .
System failure due to India, Pinoy or PRC staff?

This is symptomatic of a govt that decided to go for quantity instead of quality and import low quality immigrants from PRC, India and Pinoyland.

Ministers who pay themselves the highest salaries in the world should spent more time looking into such failures of GLC's instead of fixing HHH and Roy.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another example of 3rd world service in a self proclaimed first world country .
System failure due to India, Pinoy or PRC staff?

All these operations problems are due to poor IT system performance. This is a typical problem with sinkie companies - the reluctance to invest in processes and technology but over-reliant on cheapo human labour to run their operations. Remember what happened in great MRT breakdown of 2010? No contingency plans were in place to handle exceptional events. From the top management to the staff on the ground, no one knew what to do.

Imagine if a system glitch caused a sinkie plane to crash?

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plane delays due to technical fault, traffice congestion understandable. But entire booking system shutdown due to hardware issue?reminded us of the dbs atm shutdown due to RAID harddisk failure.

Tigerair another dismal airline.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheap always comes at a price...jet star is the better budget airline and only budget carrier to stop at KLIA

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are massive flight delays and cancellations at chicago o'hare regularly when an air traffic control station goes down or poor weather disrupts flights. and cancellations can be in thousands of flights affecting hundreds of thousands of passengers. yet, i don't see american passengers kpkb at the airport. only spoilt sinkies kpkb at flight counters like tiongs and nehs do everytime there's a slight inconvenience. :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did look at Scoot when I wanted a to visit Bangkok but all their flights were in the evenings or night time. There is really no reason to choose Scoot over the other budget airlines.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are massive flight delays and cancellations at chicago o'hare regularly when an air traffic control station goes down or poor weather disrupts flights. and cancellations can be in thousands of flights affecting hundreds of thousands of passengers. yet, i don't see american passengers kpkb at the airport. only spoilt sinkies kpkb at flight counters like tiongs and nehs do everytime there's a slight inconvenience. :rolleyes:

If flights are delayed due to weather conditions I think no one will kpkb at the airlines. But if the flight monitoring system goes down and fucks up your whole travel schedule, someone must be accountable.