• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Presstitude: Sporeans Do Not March On The Street Because Of Fair Rules

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: Boycott Straits Times & Zaobao

10641040_669588609822220_8014760198906301881_n.jpg

The Straits Times' "Opinion" Editor, Chua Mui Hoong, opined in the lapdog sheet that S'poreans will only venture into the streets to protest when they perceive that the elections rules are unfair.

Wait a minute, Chua Mui Hoong, you think the current electoral rules are fair when...

1. The Elections Department reports to the PMO which means the PAP decides on the elections date based on its priorities and when it is ready.

2. GRCs are used to deter Opposition from contesting given the need to field a slate of as many as 6 candidates making the cost of contesting prohibitive.

3. Gerrymandering is common with wards leaning towards the Opposition either dissolved (think Cheng San and Anson) or carved into smaller units (think Hougang).

End Of Article​

People in Hong Kong are not happy that they can only vote in leaders selected by China, thus the Hong Kong's Occupy Central protest.
NMP are selected by the scums in white. Though not elected into parliament, they having voting powers as evident in the voting of the 6.9 million population white paper.
Is this fair?

My guess would be Potong Pasir and Joo Chiat would be absorbed into another GRC in the next GE.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I've always said the PAP is firm but fair. The fact that there are no mass protests in Singapore proves that I have been right all along.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've always said the PAP is firm but fair. The fact that there are no mass protests in Singapore proves that I have been right all along.

Yeah, right. You also agree to Pinky's illusion of "People support CPF cuts because there are no protest outside parliament".

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qeMFqkcPYcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yeah, right. You also agree to Pinky's illusion of "People support CPF cuts because there are no protest outside parliament".

If you think about it, he's absolutely right. If the majority of Singaporeans were outraged over a government policy, I'm sure they'd overcome their inhibitions and take to the streets.

The fact of the matter is that most grudgingly concede that although a measure may not be popular, it is being implemented for their own good.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you think about it, he's absolutely right. If the majority of Singaporeans were outraged over a government policy, I'm sure they'd overcome their inhibitions and take to the streets.

The fact of the matter is that most grudgingly concede that although a measure may not be popular, it is being implemented for their own good.

Forget about taking to the streets, even a simple march in HLP gets a midnight visit by the "thugs".

Yeah, let's not talk about the broken promise of returning our CPF money at age 55 but spin it to implemented for our own good :oIo::kma:

CPF being a simple scheme for retirement has now morph into a hugh Ponzi fund.
With an ever shifting of the withdrawal age and an increasing minimum sum change at the scums in white's whim and fancy, one would never get to see their CPF.

Spare us the "good intention" and honour the promise to return us our CPF at age 55.

10392290_782374121795577_5707022507004548692_n.jpg
9272_808231345876521_6364054859196187328_n.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Sinkies are non-confrontational. Don't be mistaken and take their meekness as approval :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: