• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mustaffa still has cheap prices

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was looking for a new steam iron & went looking at Harvey Norman, Best Denki & Courts,..... I should have started my search at Mustaffa because they sometimes have the best prices when it comes to home appliances.

As a result I saved $20+. A 16% savings on the total price of the iron I bought. This may not be much to some people but I'm happy knowing that I saved some $:smile:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was looking for a new steam iron & went looking at Harvey Norman, Best Denki & Courts,..... I should have started my search at Mustaffa because they sometimes have the best prices when it comes to home appliances.

As a result I saved $20+. A 16% savings on the total price of the iron I bought. This may not be much to some people but I'm happy knowing that I saved some $:smile:

Do be careful. I bought a washing machine from there. I got short-circuited not long after buying it. Hairstyle turn macham like Don King's !:o

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bought this for $19.50 at Mustafa. NTUC selling at $24.90.

Gillette-Fusion-Power.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had witnessed a shouting match in the basement of Mustafa Centre due to warranty issues. A Chinese guy vs Ah Neh employee. I think they were arguing over some kitchen appliance. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The main reason I chose a Philips is that I've had good experience with the brand.

I was previously using a german branded steam iron & the plastic bit of the iron broke after 5 years of use. Prior to that I was actually using a Philips & replaced it with the german brand because the Philips was getting old but it was still usable.

In fact I took the old Philips out of storage to used it again. Now that I've got a new Philips Azure iron the old one goes back into storage. If you are looking for a steam iron some things you should consider are weight, length of the power cord, reservoir capacity, wattage, convenience of filling the reservoir, shape of the sole which makes it easier to iron between buttons... & of course the warranty. The model I got comes with a 2 year warranty. They threw in a cleaning stick & a clip on guide for the power cable. The cleaning stick is something like a lip stick to help clean the surface of the sole.

Mustaffa only sells these things. If there are any service or quality issues you will have to take it up with the company responsible for the product. I noticed that many products now come only with a local warranty.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

U can get electr iron for $6.............. so how much cheaper in Moose..??????????????

XXtCC

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some only and if you consider the addon to your transportation costs, it's not worth it at times. In addition to that, certain things have to be careful, esp consumption products, you have to double check the expiry date.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bought this for $19.50 at Mustafa. NTUC selling at $24.90.

View attachment 17479

I get all my shaving kit from Mustaffa. They have a nice selection of razors which I have never seen sold elsewhere.

For those who are looking for shaving foam I advise against getting the ones that come in non-stainless steel canisters because they will eventually rust & the foam will leak out.

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johnny:

Based on one of your previous posts about warranty registrations and home appliances, and now this, I bet you're a bespectacled middle-aged man or nearing your retirement, with at least (wild under-estimation) 600k in the bank and your residential property fully paid for :p You probably also never smoke, only had a drink or two at your friends' insistence in the last 10 years, and a life insurance (or three) waiting to pay out at maturity. You probably also never went to any lup sup tius on your own accord, and you also exercise regularly.

Am I wrong? :P

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U can get electr iron for $6.............. so how much cheaper in Moose..??????????????

If you want to get a cheap iron of course you can one from Mustaffa. In my case I was looking for something in the $100 to $200 range.
Don't mind paying for a decent steam iron because it will be used almost everyday probably for 5 years.

Just happy that I could get the model I was looking for cheaper than from the other retail outlets:smile:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, the range of men's toiletries at Mustafa can't be matched by anyone anywhere else. I get my after shave, razors from there, and while there, I'll walk around and likely pickup something else too. Nowhere else can you get such a range of spices at these prices. Last time I was there, picked up a packet of cumin I think cost less than three bucks! Almost every thing sold in retails store/supermarkets can be found there. Feel sorry for the inventory clerk, must be a nightmare of a job!

Cheers!

I get all my shaving kit from Mustaffa. They have a nice selection of razors which I have never seen sold elsewhere.

For those who are looking for shaving foam I advise against getting the ones that come in non-stainless steel canisters because they will eventually rust & the foam will leak out.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny:

Based on one of your previous posts about warranty registrations and home appliances, and now this, I bet you're a bespectacled middle-aged man or nearing your retirement, with at least (wild under-estimation) 600k in the bank and your residential property fully paid for :p You probably also never smoke, only had a drink or two at your friends' insistence in the last 10 years, and a life insurance (or three) waiting to pay out at maturity. You probably also never went to any lup sup tius on your own accord, and you also exercise regularly.

Am I wrong? :P

Your wrong lah. Yes I watch my pennies in Spore because I'd rather spend it outside Spore because I'm getting more value.

I'm a millionaire retiree which is quite common if you have worked, saved & invested through out your whole career which I have.

I have less than $50k in the bank because I am fully invested in mostly dividend paying stocks. Any surplus over $50k is re-invested
Don't believe in life insurance because I have my doubts as to whether they will honor their agreements after I am gone.

I avoid playing around in Spore. However that doesn't mean I can't have fun overseas. Maybe that is why I like to travel:smile:

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am more right than wrong lar, except for the lup sup part :P

Sidetrack: If I were the head of a listed, profit-making company, I would never pay any dividends -- I've always wondered about that! Might as well de-list in that event, but I'm uneducated :p The value of the share price ought to be enough compensation to shareholders, to me.

But anyways good on you man, you've done very well :biggrin:

CloneHunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mustafa electrical items are generally cheaper than elsewhere. It is a fact. The only downside is that you have to bear with the mess in the store and the area.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do be careful. I bought a washing machine from there. I got short-circuited not long after buying it. Hairstyle turn macham like Don King's !:o
u use ur washing machine wrongly la! ..

who ask u 2 diump ur head in2 it 2 haf a chippo hairwash? ...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mustafa electrical items are generally cheaper than elsewhere. It is a fact. The only downside is that you have to bear with the mess in the store and the area.

They are the modern version of the corner indian store:biggrin: As someone from the old generation that may be why I'm not so bothered by the messiness & crowds.

I like to go there during the weekdays in the early afternoon when it is quieter. I can browse without anyone bothering me. I now only visit the new wing which is neater. Unfortunately I notice that they are putting more shelves to maximise the space. They must be preparing for the millions of new arrivals that the PAP has plans for.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am more right than wrong lar, except for the lup sup part :P

Sidetrack: If I were the head of a listed, profit-making company, I would never pay any dividends -- I've always wondered about that! Might as well de-list in that event, but I'm uneducated :p The value of the share price ought to be enough compensation to shareholders, to me.

But anyways good on you man, you've done very well :biggrin:

In the past I've invested locally but didn't get anywhere.

If you want decent dividends you will have to look at the US or Malaysia. The only reason I made $ in the equities market was because I invested in the US. I've enjoyed share splits & value appreciation of my US stocks.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mai lah.........i no like give business to ah nehs..........

since i never makan roti prata over 10 years ago, i give ZERO business to ah nehs........