• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

He smashes bottle to threaten hawker

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shaffiq AlkhatibThe New PaperFriday, Oct 10, 2014
Untitled-4.jpg
A 62-year-old man (right, in striped T-shirt) fought with a noodle-seller known only as Mr Yang (left, in white).
0 1 0
Print
After ordering noodles from a self-service stall, he flew into a rage when he was told that the food would not be brought to his table.
The 62-year-old customer started arguing with the seller at the Zhong Xing Ban Mian stall.
Their spat soon turned violent when the customer smashed a bottle and threatened the seller, who retaliated by splashing him with hot soup.
In the ensuing chaos, someone started waving a chopper, frightening the diners in the hawker centre at Block 207, New Upper Changi Road, near Bedok Interchange, on Monday evening.
In a report yesterday, Shin Min Daily News identified the seller as a 38-year-old man known only as Mr Yang.
His father said that his son had merely asked the customer to collect his food from the stall, which sells handmade noodles.
But the man started scolding Mr Yang and knocked over a fan in the stall.
Mr Yang's father told the evening Chinese language daily: "Accompanied by three or four of his friends, the customer picked up a bottle, smashed it and walked towards my son."
A diner who witnessed the altercation told Shin Min that she then saw Mr Yang splashing hot soup on the customer.
SCARES DINERS
Wanting to be known only as Ms Jenny, she said: "Somebody then picked up a chopper and waved it towards the older man. It gave many of the diners here a scare."
The police said yesterday that they received a call about the incident at around 8.30pm on Monday.
Mr Yang and the customer were arrested for criminal intimidation. The police are investigating.
When The New Paper went to the hawker centre at around 7pm yesterday, it was packed with diners.
A check on 10 stalls revealed that almost all of them are self-service.
There was a queue at the ban mian stall. A man, who identified himself as Mr Yang's brother, told TNP that his sibling was released at 5pm yesterday.
He said in Mandarin: "My brother was angry with what the uncle had done."
He declined to answer any more questions, saying that he was too busy handling the food orders.
TNP spoke to three stallholders, who said they did not see the incident but had heard about it. All three, who declined to give their names, felt that the customer was being unreasonable.
One of them said: "I think the customer was very unreasonable.
"My stall is also self-service. But if I'm not busy and the customer sits nearby, I may serve him.
"It is common for stalls in hawker centres to be self-service. If you don't like this, then go to a restaurant."
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/he-smashes-bottle-threaten-hawker#sthash.dBqFp8Ey.dpuf

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkie sinkie sinkie...that is what happen when you are surrounded by sinkies..you get to see such 3rd world behaviour action.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chaos breaks out at hawker centre after customer refuse to pick up his food at self-s

[h=1]CHAOS BREAKS OUT AT HAWKER CENTRE AFTER CUSTOMER REFUSE TO PICK UP HIS FOOD AT SELF-SERVICE STALL[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
11 Oct 2014 - 8:27pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

A 62-year-old customer flew into a rage at a hawker centre in Bedok on Monday evening (Oct 6), after being told that his noodles would not be brought to his table.

This led to an argument with the seller at Zhong Xing Ban Mian, a self-service stall at Block 207, New Upper Changi Road, near Bedok Interchange.

According to a report on The New Paper, their spat soon turned violent when the customer smashed a bottle and threatened the seller, who retaliated by splashing him with hot soup.

In the ensuing chaos, someone started waving a chopper, frightening other diners in the hawker centre.

Shin Min Daily News identified the seller as a 38-year-old man known only as Mr Yang.

His father said that his son had merely asked the customer to collect his food from the stall, which sells handmade noodles.

But the man started scolding Mr Yang and knocked over a fan in the stall.

Mr Yang's father told the evening Chinese language daily: "Accompanied by three or four of his friends, the customer picked up a bottle, smashed it and walked towards my son."

A diner who witnessed the altercation told Shin Min that she then saw Mr Yang splashing hot soup on the customer.
Wanting to be known only as Ms Jenny, she said: "Somebody then picked up a chopper and waved it towards the older man. It gave many of the diners here a scare."

The police said yesterday that they received a call about the incident at around 8.30pm on Monday.
Mr Yang and the customer were arrested for criminal intimidation. The police are investigating.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

A check on 10 stalls at the hawker centre revealed that almost all of them are self-service.

Three stallholders, who had heard about the incident but declined to give their names, felt that the customer was being unreasonable.
One of them told TNP: "I think the customer was very unreasonable. My stall is also self-service. But if I'm not busy and the customer sits nearby, I may serve him.
"It is common for stalls in hawker centres to be self-service. If you don't like this, then go to a restaurant."

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Chaos breaks out at hawker centre after customer refuse to pick up his food at se

This is why a strong and firm government is required to run Singapore. The inhabitants of that island behave like animals.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Chaos breaks out at hawker centre after customer refuse to pick up his food at se

Gong chee bye. Want service eat at restuarant lah!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

who this guy think he is?the PAP bridgade?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is why a strong and firm government is required to run Singapore. The inhabitants of that island behave like animals.

Except that such strong arm tactics are only applied on SGs? Where the FAP Traitors themselves and their FTrash pets are concerned, it is always about light touch and maximum restraint?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Where the fuck is Vivian? We need his leadership now. What has he got to say?

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal

In Angmo countries food court canteen we all self service.

I find it stupid people can also argue this kind of matters.

Restaurants people serve and you must pay tips!!!

joeyboey

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Must be a regular troublemaker this person.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nowadays I don't like eating out in Spore because it is so crowded, the quality of food is down, the portions are small, .... It's just no fun anymore. There is even talk that gutter oil is being used.

This guy in his 60's is from the generation when service included the food being brought to the table. You also paid for the meal after eating & not before. The fact that he made a big deal out of it may be a sign of mental problems. Such strange behaviours are getting common in Spore.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fark you, you tok kok. Problem here is the nos of farktard self serving old arseholes who still live in self deluded ways of emperor Lee, thinking pple will kowtow to them if they act like gangsters, this is not new, n not the last. The result of lack of policing due to cost cutting measures that allowed bullying n gangsterism to take ownership of matters into their hands

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You will be surprised that most grassroot people think they are king or queen. I am not surprised the 60+ old man is one of PAP grassroot out to create trouble in opposition ward.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where the fuck is Vivian? We need his leadership now. What has he got to say?

He might say...

Where do you want to eat?
What level of services you want?
If you want to be served by sellers, then avoid Hawker Centres.

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal

r both of them sinkies? damm boliao to fight over this trivial issue.

Sukopion

Alfrescian
Loyal

r both of them sinkies? damm boliao to fight over this trivial issue.

Yeah, I strongly agreed. Sinkies should engage in more productive and efficient activities like pang sai-ing outside MRT staion.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mr Yang? Tiong?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is even talk that gutter oil is being used.

When the cost of living, cost of materials, rent, utilities, etc...go up, the only way for food vendors to break even is to source for cheaper ingredients.

The situation in Taiwan shows that it is possible for Sinkie food vendors to use recycled waste oil in their food preparations.

In the past few months animal feed oil exporters in Vietnam have been doing a roaring business. Their customers are in Taiwan, Thailand, Burma, Malaysia and Indonesia.

Sinkie food vendors buy cooking oil from Malaysia where the practice of mixing edible oil with animal feed oil is rampant.

How often do LHL, LKY and their ministars have meals at hawker/food centres?

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think KFC fried chicken is already using gutter oil in their cooking,tiongs to deliver their chicken and i can taste the taste of Chong Qing sewer in their kfc roasta burger.