• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Viral Letter: Student Concerned About How Sex Ed Is Conducted In Her School

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
So I wrote an open letter to my principal about last week's sex education:

Dear Dr. Hon,

I am Agatha, a C1 student, and my purpose in writing this open letter to you today is to express my sincere concerns about the MSF “It’s Uncomplicated” workshop all C1 students had to attend on Friday, the 3rd of October.

I attended the workshop with my class in the AVT. Before it started, I flipped through the booklet provided by Focus on the Family (FotF). While sexuality education rarely manages to teach me something that I have not already learnt through past sessions or mainstream media, this booklet was different. From merely glancing through this booklet, I learned a simple yet important lesson: that bigotry is very much alive and it was naïve of me to think I could be safe from it even in school.

While I do have many concerns with regards to this workshop and its content which I consider to be pressing, the most pressing is perhaps that the workshop and booklet actively serve to promote rape culture in school. On the cover page of the booklet itself, it is written, “no means yes?” and “yes means no?” (See attached photo for reference.) The facilitators from FotF neglected to mention that thinking a girl means “yes” when she says “no” is actually completely wrong. Rather, they spent their four hours with us discussing things such as what a girl “really means” when she says something else, as opposed to guys who are “direct” and “always mean what they say” (see photos of pages 20-21). By telling the student population this, FotF sends a dangerous message: that you should always assume that a girl means something else (like “yes”) when really she just means “no”.

Too long, rest of the letter you can read at [url]http://www.domainofexperts.com/2014/10/viral-letter-student-concerned-about.html[/URL]

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This little girl is such a moron.

What is printed on the brochure has a lot of wisdom in it. That the problem with younger generation these days. When they are not happy, they will make a big whooo haaaa.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can have all the sex ed you need on Youtube.

[video=youtube;xpbe-B0TO80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpbe-B0TO80[/video]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't worry with all the foreigners coming to Spore I'm sure that many naive girls will learn about the birds & bees from these foreigners.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
This little girl is such a moron.

What is printed on the brochure has a lot of wisdom in it. That the problem with younger generation these days. When they are not happy, they will make a big whooo haaaa.

This little girl also believe that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice only.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just show a fat wallet and drive a beemer and most pretty gals will open their legs for you.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Essentially, the Hwa Chong JC student who spoke out is pro-LGBT and pro-liberal, while the sex education vendor "Focus on the Family" is a Christian based organization that is strongly anti-LGBT and pro-conservative. Anyone who says there can be a reconciliatory middle ground between these polemic viewpoints is being self-delusional. The two opposing camps (represented here by the HCJC student and "Focus on the Family") can at best, only agree to disagree.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Essentially, the Hwa Chong JC student who spoke out is pro-LGBT and pro-liberal, while the sex education vendor "Focus on the Family" is a Christian based organization that is strongly anti-LGBT and pro-conservative. Anyone who says there can be a reconciliatory middle ground between these polemic viewpoints is being self-delusional. The two opposing camps (represented here by the HCJC student and "Focus on the Family") can at best, only agree to disagree.

Which begs the question: how could a religious entity be given license to conduct sex education in schools?

Obviously, there are plenty of Christian fundies infesting the MOE, and it would not be a stretch to imagine that a number of them would be sympathetic to the beliefs and vision of Focus on the Family.

Even America, with a large number of Christian fundies, isn't this brazen when it comes to their public education.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even America, with a large number of Christian fundies, isn't this brazen when it comes to their public education.

the problem with america is that for decades, over a century, christian fundies have been promoting full control of the woman's mind and body by males and patriarchs, and rape is justified if a woman flaunts her body in revealing clothes and or follows a man or boy home. when daughters of conservative wealthy white males get molested and raped on prestigious campus in such high shocking numbers lately that both sides of the aisle began to take this seriously. what allows "consensual" rape on campus to flourish is the proliferation of modern mind-boggling and numbing drugs. a drop in the drink and the pretty college freshwoman gets carried home, half awake and not able to resist. it's rampant now in u.s. colleges. best and easiest place to get laid, especially for male losers who can't get a date.

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2014/10/07/berkeley-police-drug-was-used-in-cal-fraternity-rape-case/

Last edited:

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Another mother steps in to laud Agatha for her bravery.

So by now, most of you would have read about the saga where 17-year-old student Agatha Tan's open letter to her Principal which lambasted Focus on the Family (FotF) for their relationship programme. To me, this is an open-and-shut case and MOE has rightly shut down the programme.

In a truly strange coincidence, Lesley-Anne attended the very same session as Agatha. (I know, right? What are the odds??) So I thought for those who might be curious as to whether there was more behind the scenes from someone who was actually there, I'd blog about it.

Lesley-Anne missed the first half of the session because she was out conducting a Danger Dan school talk at that time and joined in only in the second half. By then, she said the lecture theatre was already all abuzz and her friends told her there had been a heated debate. It sounded like the facilitators were unused to being challenged because Lesley-Anne said they were defensive and tried to deny responsibility of the materials. For example, when the facilitator presented a rather controversial analogy, he threw his hands in the air and qualified himself by saying, "This is not my research. If you want to complain, complain to the author!" Okaaaaay.

Full post at
Let's Talk Gender Stereotypes

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my generations we didn't have any sex education & I don't think I suffered from it

When you have the gov't meddling in the private lives of families, especially the PAP you know that you are going to be problems. With such a heavy work load in our schools I think they should just leave sex education out. Let the parents deal with it.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my generations we didn't have any sex education & I don't think I suffered from it.

when i was in school in sg, irony of ironies, a fat female teacher gave us one lousy lesson on sex with an overhead presentation. she, unmarried with no bf and most likely a virgin due to her weight and lack of looks, showed us a cross-section of coitus in action and even explained how the dick should enter the cunt. she had zero emotion and hardly any eye contact while the girls were giggling away and boys smirking quietly. she was such a cunt. :rolleyes:

image.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i was in school in sg, irony of ironies, a fat female teacher gave us one lousy lesson on sex with an overhead presentation. she, unmarried with no bf and most likely a virgin due to her weight and lack of looks, ....

There weren't such classes in my day but it seems that the sex classes are just biology lessons on the mechanics of sex.

When I was a student I remember reading about a parent demanding that they ban a book. I think it was "The Joys of Sex" or "Joys of Lesbian Sex". I remember that that there were illustrations in the book. The parent got angry when she saw some school girls reading the book at some store. This was a time when they actually banned a record because of the album cover which had a sexy images.

You can't please everyone. Especially in Spore where there has been censorship for donkey years. Even today the MDA blocks sites like Playboy, Penthouse,...

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will Agatha freak out if she saw this video ? :biggrin:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-tPsAycQcto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>