• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unhygienic Koufu Stall Assistants Accused SGs of Discrimination!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]DEAR TRS, THE FOOD HYGIENE LEVEL OF KOUFU FOOD COURT IS SIMPLY TERRIBLE![/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
7 Oct 2014 - 9:22am

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore,
The standard of KouFu food court is extremely dirty and unhygienic. This is not the first time i saw cockroaches roaming around the food stalls as well as dirty dishes being used to serve food. I once even had food poisoning after eating from one of their stalls. Despite many complaints, they did not even reply to my emails and can't be bothered with a small time customer like me. What can I do, I am just a regular Singaporean with no money to eat in restaurants every meal so I still have to eat from the food court in KouFu.
I spotted this at a stall in A Taste of Nanyang 1983 foodcourt in MBS operated by KouFu Pte Ltd:
Ab1wuRx.jpg

The cockroach are climbing all over the meat and they are being served just like that to customers.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

From what I know KouFu is also expanding their business into tertiary education and local schools. I would not want my kids to eat food from KouFu if possible knowing at the poor hygenic level being practiced by the company.

Not to be xenophobic or anything but the PRCs working there is notorious with food hygiene. They basically don't practice food hygiene at all. I have even seen a PRC women combing her hair in front of the food where her hair drop all over inside the food. When I complain about that, she started scolding Singaporeans for discriminating PRCs and say we complain too much. Is this even right?

I hope TRS would share my article with your readers so more people could be aware of this and hopefully avoid eating at KouFu so that their business will be affected and then actions would be taken by them to improve their food hygiene level.

Jim Leow
TRS reader

Editor's Note: We have forwarded this letter to KouFu for clarifications. No response as of yet.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am just a regular Singaporean with no money to eat in restaurants every meal so I still have to eat from the food court in KouFu.

You have a choice to not dine at food courts. Typical Sinkie: get mistreated, get bad service, still continue to give business to the shop. :rolleyes:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]KOUFU FOOD COURT AT MBS CLOSED FOR “THOROUGH CLEANING” FOLLOWING VIRAL PHOTOS OF COCKROACHES[/h]

<!-- /.block -->
<style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style>
Post date:
9 Oct 2014 - 12:13pm

<iframe src="http://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-0/html/container.html" style="display: none; visibility: hidden;"></iframe><ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Marina Bay Sands said that they have closed the KouFu Foodcourt at their premise until further notice for “thorough cleaning”.
The food court, ‘1983- A Taste of Nanyang’ located at the South Promenade of The Shoppes, Marina Bay Sands, was flagged by consumers as having very poor hygiene. TRS did a report about the shocking hygiene and the article soon went viral.
(See: Dear TRS, the food hygiene level of KouFu food court is simply terrible!)
Photos of dozens of cockroaches walking around the food stalls and behind signs were shared widely online and many netizens remarked at how they had also had bad experiences with the food hygiene at the KouFu Foodcourt in Marina Bay Sands.
Marina Bay Sands issued a statement explaining that they are “aware of the pest incident”.
“We immediately took action and worked with the tenant to conduct checks and investigate the incident," Marina Bay Sands said.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

"The outlet is now closed temporarily for thorough cleaning and will reopen upon further notice. In the interest of our customers, Marina Bay Sands maintains strict hygiene levels in our operations, and we expect the same level of high standards from our tenants. We will continue to ensure these rules are applied consistently across the property. To prevent this incident from happening again, the tenant will increase the frequency of its pest control checks."
KouFu also runs several other foodcourts in Changi Airport T1, JEM, Republic Poly, ITE Ang Mo Kio and also NTU. It is currently unknown of the other outlets also have poor hygiene practices.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well like a wise and esteemed minister once said,u just have to work harder if u want to afford three meals at restaurant,food court or hawker center.

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
well like a wise and esteemed minister once said,u just have to work harder if u want to afford three meals at restaurant,food court or hawker center.

Give this minister a treat at koufu. He will enjoy the food.

While the negative story is circulating in the internet, the ST and the TNP are keeping their gaps shut. Why? Also why the NEA is not throwing the book at koufuck, sorry koufu.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eating out is always a risk whether at hawker or fine restaurant. My suggestion is eat at home, at least you control the hygiene, and the ingredients that go into your food.

Cheers!

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hor Kou Fu ck this time tai ji tuar tiao liao...Fuck Republic Sum Por Lau Kau George huar hee kar buay lin choo

uncle, i want one plate of kachuak horfun!

hello..mee pok tar, kachuak chway chway!

mee siam mai kachuak! jileng tampok er sai!

wor yao yi wan zhu cha chang lang tang!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If NEA officer going, NEA has to give KOUFU management a call 1st at Marina Bay sand.

Do you know how freaking expensive the rental is ?

Precisely. It is because the rental at MBS is insanely high, the Koufu management therefore had sought to cut costs through various creative means, for example skimping on cleanup services and hiring cheap FTs. Too bad, they got caught red-handed this time. :biggrin:

CloneHunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
All i can say is that PAP has screwed everyone's life...from transport to hawker centres to foodcourt.

Vote PAP out.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ironic isnt it? "Taste of Nanyang..." When Sinkieland was Nanyang, cockroach infestation and unhygienic food practices was common. Koufu is serving authentic style nanyang dishes ala those olden times..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the high cost of everything in Spore I wouldn't be surprise if some unscrupulous owners are using gutter oil.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the high cost of everything in Spore I wouldn't be surprise if some unscrupulous owners are using gutter oil.

Already in use liao.....dun think you are safe.

Should not have closed down.....let the tourists in MBS kena so they can do free publicity for Sg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Already in use liao.....dun think you are safe.

Should not have closed down.....let the tourists in MBS kena so they can do free publicity for Sg

In the past I used to eat out everyday & would often have toilet problems:o

After I had a heart attack I started watching what I ate & eating mostly home cooked meals. Notice that I now never have the toilet problems.
Nowadays I seldom eat out. It's actually easy to stick to home cooking because hawker food is unappealing because standards have fallen.

danielsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hawker food are now mostly taken charge by the prcs... and you know how dirty they can get. Sometimes I witness the owners cooking with their sweat dripping in at the same time as free condiments.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the past I used to eat out everyday & would often have toilet problems:o

After I had a heart attack I started watching what I ate & eating mostly home cooked meals. Notice that I now never have the toilet problems.
Nowadays I seldom eat out. It's actually easy to stick to home cooking because hawker food is unappealing because standards have fallen.
quite unfortunate that hawker food is suppose to be cheap but is causing so many problems...the self righteous rich like to say that one is too
"high class"
when one doesnt want to eat in a hawker centre... tyipical FOOking rich man's self righteous BS