• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am sick of my life as a cabbie, bullied by prcs and yet get scolding by police

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]I AM SICK OF MY LIFE AS A CABBIE, BULLIED BY PRCS AND YET GET SCOLDING BY POLICE[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
8 Oct 2014 - 8:43pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore,

I am taxi driver with Comfort. Recently I had a conflict with a PRC couple over a misunderstanding of destination, I did admit bringing them to a wrong place due to my poor Chinese as all along with the times we were always instructed in English or Malay. But an misunderstanding of communication is common is our driving, I did do my part to waive the fares to avoid further problem.

The young get off from my taxi with a very hard bang, so I get down too and check my taxi, As I am just a driver without any mechanic knowledge so I demanded them their particulars for my responsibility to my company, as our argument heated up, the girl passenger look around and carry along a brick to the guy. I noticed that and called the police. When the police arrived, the police take down our statements and I asked them to bring back the brick as this is my evidence. The police officer doing his responsibility by instructing me to make a formal police report at any Police Post, and then submitted the report to my office as all our particulars are all recorded. they also refer me a case numbers. whatever actions the authority may taken against me or the passenger will let me know after investigation. on the other hand before the police came, the male passenger purposely scratched his hand with the help of his girlfriend to accuse me of hurting him, so I asked the officer to take his the fingerprint of his hand and mine too.

The police officer told me that they will know what to do and advised me that I can go. So as instructed, I go to make a police report and I called my Comfort driver service office for further advice. when I called, a female officer answered me and I told her about the incident, I asked that I'm right to ask for the particulars for those who do damages to my taxi, she answered that as this is the property of comfort and I as the hirer, if there is damages to my car is it best that u have the particulars.

I tell her that the police officer had taken all our particulars and she advised me to call the workshop for further advice. really appreciated for this kind of advice to protect the interest of a hirer.

The next morning, to my surprise, an officers from the compliant department called me, I tell him the incident, he reprimand me for sending the passengers to wrong destination as I told him I really misunderstand his destination. Secondly, I should not come down to approached the passenger and wrong to ask for his particulars even if he damaged my car. Who am I to ask it! Thirdly, if I was hit by the passengers. the police will take action against them, there is nothing to do with the company.

To all fellow taxi drivers, I am writing this letter to show the worlds that how fair and rights do we have in Singapore. I have prepared to be penalized for any offences if I have committed even give up my career as a taxi driver.

There are some questions I like to know;

1. If a taxi driver misunderstanding his destination, is it a serious offence and what penalty he will face.
2.will the authority punished the passenger who carry a brick as a weapon even he did not hit the taxi driver

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

3 The passenger falsely accused the taxi driver of hurting him, will the police conducted a check with the shophouse and the pub if there is a fight or an argument around the place to protect his innocent.
4.When a new hirer signed a agreement with Comfort, it is stated that we are responsible to any damages to our taxi. Why don't they pointed it out that in the first place that even any damages by the passenger is not our fault, So in future there will be no conflicts arise.

I sincerely hoped that any PAP members or anyone concerned about average Singaporeans will give me advice.

Normal Taxi Driver earning his decent income
TRS reader

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why cannot arrest them for criminal intimidation? useless police.

Not true. The poodles are most efficient when it comes to harassing the Oppos and bullying SGs in favour of the FAP Traitors and their FTrash pets.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who did he vote for? He should put up signs in future. Police n dogs not allowed.

nycheong

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]I AM SICK OF MY LIFE AS A CABBIE, BULLIED BY PRCS AND YET GET SCOLDING BY POLICE[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
8 Oct 2014 - 8:43pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore,

I am taxi driver with Comfort. Recently I had a conflict with a PRC couple over a misunderstanding of destination, I did admit bringing them to a wrong place due to my poor Chinese as all along with the times we were always instructed in English or Malay. But an misunderstanding of communication is common is our driving, I did do my part to waive the fares to avoid further problem.

The young get off from my taxi with a very hard bang, so I get down too and check my taxi, As I am just a driver without any mechanic knowledge so I demanded them their particulars for my responsibility to my company, as our argument heated up, the girl passenger look around and carry along a brick to the guy. I noticed that and called the police. When the police arrived, the police take down our statements and I asked them to bring back the brick as this is my evidence. The police officer doing his responsibility by instructing me to make a formal police report at any Police Post, and then submitted the report to my office as all our particulars are all recorded. they also refer me a case numbers. whatever actions the authority may taken against me or the passenger will let me know after investigation. on the other hand before the police came, the male passenger purposely scratched his hand with the help of his girlfriend to accuse me of hurting him, so I asked the officer to take his the fingerprint of his hand and mine too.

The police officer told me that they will know what to do and advised me that I can go. So as instructed, I go to make a police report and I called my Comfort driver service office for further advice. when I called, a female officer answered me and I told her about the incident, I asked that I'm right to ask for the particulars for those who do damages to my taxi, she answered that as this is the property of comfort and I as the hirer, if there is damages to my car is it best that u have the particulars.

I tell her that the police officer had taken all our particulars and she advised me to call the workshop for further advice. really appreciated for this kind of advice to protect the interest of a hirer.

The next morning, to my surprise, an officers from the compliant department called me, I tell him the incident, he reprimand me for sending the passengers to wrong destination as I told him I really misunderstand his destination. Secondly, I should not come down to approached the passenger and wrong to ask for his particulars even if he damaged my car. Who am I to ask it! Thirdly, if I was hit by the passengers. the police will take action against them, there is nothing to do with the company.

To all fellow taxi drivers, I am writing this letter to show the worlds that how fair and rights do we have in Singapore. I have prepared to be penalized for any offences if I have committed even give up my career as a taxi driver.

There are some questions I like to know;

Once you are licenced you are already dead. Your life depend on it why make the faze.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nobody is forced to drive a taxi. If he does not enjoy his trade, he should look for something else to do.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i met a young chap who drive taxi in his early 30's, he told me he is driving and saving to buy a flat soon. when i heard him, i almost shed a tear for him...:o

Sure or not ...what kind of jobs are turned down in favour of driving taxis?

Last edited:

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all know the taxi service is one of the worst service in SG. Those a$$holes drive without care for others. Play Hide and Seek to get that additional charge. Totally reserved for True Blue Locals. This latest story is probably another one trying to draw sympathy for the next cab fare increase. The government should stop protecting them, those losers are well known to support the opposition anyway