• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Security guard got fired because he was eating his lunch on the bench at gardens by t

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]SECURITY GUARD GOT FIRED BECAUSE HE WAS EATING HIS LUNCH ON THE BENCH AT GARDENS BY THE BAY[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
7 Oct 2014 - 4:55pm

<iframe src="http://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-0/html/container.html" style="display: none; visibility: hidden;"></iframe><ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore,

Gardens by the Bay, my newly joined security agency that deployed me there for security support assignment and also a place that I have to work under the scorching sun and also later the haze in the air for one solid month from early August 2014 to late September 2014, before I am removed due to a upper management from "Gardens", because I was seen resting at the main entrance of Gardens office during my meal break.

I take my pride for being a professional security officer and I am proud to be one. Being a security officer and being removed from an assignment are a real shame. The question is what wrong have I done and to be removed from this assignment without been told of anything I did except for the fact that I was caught eating my $2.50 packet lunch (FYI, you can never find any food that cost $2.50 in that area, I got it from my house area in the morning) while sitting on the bench in the restricted area away from the public crowd.

Is it an embarrassment or is it anything shameful for a security guard to sit in the shade to have his lunch? Will the tourists see a Singaporean security guard eating his lunch at a bench cause them to avoid visiting Gardens by the bay or have a bad impression on the billion dollar tourist attraction?

Further more, I am just taking a rest by siting on the wooden bench during my official break time, it's a weekend and there's no activity at the office and it's back of the house, where no public can see me.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

To some security officer, this is no big deal to be removed from assignment, but, to be it's a big deal. As my reputation for being a Security professional are at stake and also ruined. Is this how security officer being treated, even I put my efforts to do a good job?

I hope Marina Bay Sands management can give me some explanation into this.

Jeffrey
TRS reader

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Security guard got fired because he was eating his lunch on the bench at gardens

[h=1]SECURITY GUARD GOT FIRED BECAUSE HE WAS EATING HIS LUNCH ON THE BENCH AT GARDENS BY THE BAY[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
7 Oct 2014 - 4:55pm

<iframe src="http://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-0/html/container.html" style="display: none; visibility: hidden;"></iframe><ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore,

Gardens by the Bay, my newly joined security agency that deployed me there for security support assignment and also a place that I have to work under the scorching sun and also later the haze in the air for one solid month from early August 2014 to late September 2014, before I am removed due to a upper management from "Gardens", because I was seen resting at the main entrance of Gardens office during my meal break.

I take my pride for being a professional security officer and I am proud to be one. Being a security officer and being removed from an assignment are a real shame. The question is what wrong have I done and to be removed from this assignment without been told of anything I did except for the fact that I was caught eating my $2.50 packet lunch (FYI, you can never find any food that cost $2.50 in that area, I got it from my house area in the morning) while sitting on the bench in the restricted area away from the public crowd.

Is it an embarrassment or is it anything shameful for a security guard to sit in the shade to have his lunch? Will the tourists see a Singaporean security guard eating his lunch at a bench cause them to avoid visiting Gardens by the bay or have a bad impression on the billion dollar tourist attraction?

Further more, I am just taking a rest by siting on the wooden bench during my official break time, it's a weekend and there's no activity at the office and it's back of the house, where no public can see me.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

To some security officer, this is no big deal to be removed from assignment, but, to be it's a big deal. As my reputation for being a Security professional are at stake and also ruined. Is this how security officer being treated, even I put my efforts to do a good job?

I hope Marina Bay Sands management can give me some explanation into this.

Jeffrey
TRS reader

this guy has to wake up.....since when does any sinkie employer have to explain for anything or even have a reason for sacking anybody?

please wake up your fucking ideas......

there are no laws guaranteeing any proper process before sacking anybody.....

Too fucking bad....

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Security guard got fired because he was eating his lunch on the bench at gardens

Complain complain complain...........next time, will be about how many toilet breaks is enough.

Already, many locals are reporting to FT bosses and managers and you still complain about re-deployment, and giving
all those crap about reputation as a security guard.

What reputation? Even the police I don't think got any reputation, what more a fucking security guard!

It's the same as saying special needs children, when they're still retards. Call a spade a spade and you will get healed quicker.

Being in denial mode will not serve you any good. WAKE UP YOUR FUCKING IDEA!!

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Complain complain complain...........next time, will be about how many toilet breaks is enough.

Already, many locals are reporting to FT bosses and managers and you still complain about re-deployment, and giving
all those crap about reputation as a security guard.

What reputation? Even the police I don't think got any reputation, what more a fucking security guard!

It's the same as saying special needs children, when they're still retards. Call a spade a spade and you will get healed quicker.

Being in denial mode will not serve you any good. WAKE UP YOUR FUCKING IDEA!!

True, born and die a slave in Sinkieland to the Familee and Elites.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He should have went to mom for help.... :biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another sinkie drunk on the lies of the PAP preaching self reliance to the masses while royal relatives suckle at the tits of the nanny state.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The security guard will draw a lot of sympathy from the public but the fact is the security guard is in the wrong. They have been told where to take their meals and where not to take their meals. This are simple instructions to comply with. If the security guard is unable to, or deliberately, obey these rules, then he deserve to be fired.

The problem is that a lot of these security guards are taking too much liberties in their work. Condo security guards, for example, are told where to park their bikes (if they are riding a bike) in the condo. The most obvious place is the parking lot for motorcycles. But the likelihood is that some of these security guards will not obey these house rules and park their bikes at places convenient to them: near the guardhouse, or at an area not designated for parking etc.

Simple rule: if not sure, don't do it.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal

angmo countries we all eat lunch on park benches!!

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The security guard will draw a lot of sympathy from the public but the fact is the security guard is in the wrong. They have been told where to take their meals and where not to take their meals. This are simple instructions to comply with. If the security guard is unable to, or deliberately, obey these rules, then he deserve to be fired.

The problem is that a lot of these security guards are taking too much liberties in their work. Condo security guards, for example, are told where to park their bikes (if they are riding a bike) in the condo. The most obvious place is the parking lot for motorcycles. But the likelihood is that some of these security guards will not obey these house rules and park their bikes at places convenient to them: near the guardhouse, or at an area not designated for parking etc.

Simple rule: if not sure, don't do it.

And why can't they eat in public? Is it so shameful? That rule itself is rubbish

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He should have went to mom for help.... :biggrin:
.. should have gone ..
428920_423457971030679_875443572_n.jpg

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup..he is dumb..just like any application in the gahman ..anything ..if rejected,they will not tell u the reason...

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Next time patronize the restaurant there.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do slaves eat at the same tables as their masters? Simple logic really, don't understand why the chap doesn't get it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Do slaves eat at the same tables as their masters? Simple logic really, don't understand why the chap doesn't get it.

This slave mentality has already been inculcated in NS. Non-officers cannot sit at the same table with officers when eating at the cookhouse.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And why can't they eat in public? Is it so shameful? That rule itself is rubbish

When you're doing a job wearing a uniform, you are bound by silly protocol restrictions lest you bring disrepute to the institution which provides that uniform. School uniform, nurse uniform, army uniform, security guard uniform... all the same. :wink:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what does this gotta to do with PAP? company decision.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who did he vote for ? :biggrin: