• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NTUC needs government bailout again

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Fairprice a co-operative or a commercial company??? can anyone educate me?

Yes ..can someone also educate me if NTUC is a co-operative or a commercial company..??

Why is it Presidential hopeful..Tan Kin Kian is allowed to contest in the Elect presidency if NTUC is a co-operatives where the monies placed with the co-operatives are depositors money and not share capital of a commercial company. TKL was then the CEO of NTUC.

So clearly he does not qualify as the company does not have paid up capital of $100 million.

Did the Election Board, under the PMO office bends this rule to allow him to contest, clearly with the intention of diluting Tan Cheng Bock's vote..???

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
High rentals are in response to demand.

Rental levels cannot be sustained without having someone willing to pay.

You know in sinkie land, all supply and demand factors are not market driven, but under absolute control and managed by Gov. For instance, COE, land sales, HDB unit availability, even number of FTs etc.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without the takeover, the price would go up to $6 and the portion would be even smaller still.

It sounds like without Pappies, this sinkie land would become slump and sinkie women would become maids.
Why do they not reduce hawker rental fee to few hundreds dollars as before?
They have all means and resources to save poor sinkie life's such as reducing all rental costs, medical costs, transport costs, utilities costs etc.
If you leave everything to rich corporates meddling the rental and allow riches to reside here, you definitely face high living cost.
It is Gov. duty and responsibility to take care of citizen quality of life.
It is Gov. policies to ensure citizen are protected from riches and corporate business.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You know in sinkie land, all supply and demand factors are not market driven, but under absolute control and managed by Gov. For instance, COE, land sales, HDB unit availability, even number of FTs etc.

While the government can manipulate the market, the fact remains that at the end of the day, there has to be demand from the public.

If hawkers have to pay such exorbitant rents that they have to price their products beyond what the consumers are willing to pay, they'd be out of business in a month. However, I see long queues at many hawker centres on a daily basis.

Unless you're telling me that all those standing in queue are LHL and his cronies and nobody else, your argument does not hold water.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
While the government can manipulate the market, the fact remains that at the end of the day, there has to be demand from the public.

If hawkers have to pay such exorbitant rents that they have to price their products beyond what the consumers are willing to pay, they'd be out of business in a month. However, I see long queues at many hawker centres on a daily basis.

Unless you're telling me that all those standing in queue are LHL and his cronies and nobody else, your argument does not hold water.

Apart from hawker centers, which is the better/ besterest place to eat?
Hawker foods are the lowest costs available to poor sinkies.
Even our infamous ministar claimed long ago that we have 3 places to choose; hawker centre, food courts and restaurants, in lowest to highest order.
If HDB/ URA make more lands for many new hawker centers and make hawker centre stalls abundant, then we see the result.
However I doubt they dare to do so as the lands for riches and corporates make more economic sense, right!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is Fairprice a co-operative or a commercial company??? can anyone educate me?

ntuc sell some products even more expensive than cold storage.

now ntuc want to be more atas, call themselves finest which also mean treat customers as carrothead.:rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Apart from hawker centers, which is the better/ besterest place to eat?
Hawker foods are the lowest costs available to poor sinkies.
Even our infamous ministar claimed long ago that we have 3 places to choose; hawker centre, food courts and restaurants, in lowest to highest order.
If HDB/ URA make more lands for many new hawker centers and make hawker centre stalls abundant, then we see the result.
However I doubt they dare to do so as the lands for riches and corporates make more economic sense, right!

Hawker centres obviously provide value for money or you wouldn't see so many Singaporeans queueing up at the stalls.

People don't eat out that often in NZ because it is too expensive. They buy fresh food or grow their own greens and cook at home.

Singapore is a haven when it comes to eating out and all the kiwis I have met who have been to Singapore remark how cheap food is at the hawker centres.

Whatever the rents may be, they're obviously still competitive.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Marry a wife who cooks and no more problems...

Problem is hard for Sinkies to find females who cook, do ironing, laundry, vacuuming and mopping the floor..

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hawker centres obviously provide value for money or you wouldn't see so many Singaporeans queueing up at the stalls.

People don't eat out that often in NZ because it is too expensive. They buy fresh food or grow their own greens and cook at home.

Singapore is a haven when it comes to eating out and all the kiwis I have met who have been to Singapore remark how cheap food is at the hawker centres.

Whatever the rents may be, they're obviously still competitive.

In Australia & NZ, I do not find many people working 8 hours a day.
Most are working less than 6 hours, and at 5pm, most people reach home.
In Sinkie land, you have no time for your home and family, but most of your time are your esteem employers.
That is why hawker life was born.