• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP white skunks may ban sales of knives or any sharp instrument at Tekka

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only canned beer is available for sale at Tekka hawker centre, following concerns on glass bottles being used as weapons in fights.

beer-bottle.jpg
(AFP PHOTO PHILIPPE HUGUEN)

SINGAPORE: Stallholders at Tekka hawker centre have stopped selling bottled beer, as highlighted in recent media reports. Only canned beer is available for sale there.

But grassroots leaders hope more can be done to enforce this no-bottles move. They have noticed more people thronging Tekka Centre - particularly after restrictions were put in place to curb alcohol consumption in Little India's public areas.

The police had engaged stall owners in August and September to reduce the risk of glass bottles being used as weapons in fights. It added that all the stall owners whom police spoke to said they will consider doing so for safety reasons.

"Our RC members had flagged the concern that more people were actually gathering in Tekka Market to drink, and the market was getting a little overcrowded,” said Martin Pereira, former chairman of Moulmein-Tekka Residents’ Committee. “And we had noticed there were bottles on the table always, and all the time. And our concern was that these bottles could be used as projectiles, and as weapons, and so we communicated our concerns to the police during the RC meetings."

Mr Pereira was, until end-June, the chairman of the Residents' Committee.

Still, the no-bottles initiative has not stopped some from bringing their own into the hawker centre.
This has caused some stallholders to worry about their business, since they stopped selling bottled beer on Oct 1.

Hawkers whom Channel NewsAsia spoke to said their customers generally prefer bottled beer to canned beer.

"Price-wise, customers feel canned beer is not worth it compared to bottled beer,” said Maureen Ho, the owner of Little India Hot & Cold Drinks stall. “A can is 500ml, bottle is 640ml. They also feel bottled beer tastes better. For most, when you tell them there's only canned beer, they get fed up."

Stall owners said they been told that if business is badly affected after three months, they could go back to selling bottled beer, but only on weekdays.

Mr Pereira said residents have expressed hope that authorities come up with measures to prevent people from bringing in their own liquor bottles into the hawker centre.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Instead of solving the root of the problem, they are putting fucking band aids. What are they going to stop next? No forks?

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Instead of solving the root of the problem, they are putting fucking band aids. What are they going to stop next? No forks?

Vote all these useless skunks out. So well paid but always don't know what to do when a crisis occurs.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha .. All the furniture will be made of Balsa wood in case they use chairs to smack heads

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They're ignoring the root cause of the problem: too many foreigners (both PMETs and the labourers), and utter incompetence of the police.

Doing these silly things only serve to give the impression that they're doing something about the situation. :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i really pity those ppl that have to work at tekka. And if you aren't a shit skin wtf are you doing there actually in fact if you are a local shit skin it probably wouldn't do you any good either cos the majority of skins are foreign but who knows.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
i really pity those ppl that have to work at tekka. And if you aren't a shit skin wtf are you doing there actually in fact if you are a local shit skin it probably wouldn't do you any good either cos the majority of skins are foreign but who knows.

I am afriad what you said is wrong. As a Singaporean, i have every right to be where i want. I don't have to avoid anywhere because security was trumpeted by the ruling party for the past 20 to 30 years.

I used to go Tekka wet market in the past for their fresh produce and frequented the multitude of stalls there for their delicious cuisine. If you are there before, half the market is made up of Chinese stalls, which represents the racial makeup that visits the place. Chinese and malays and quite some angmoh visit tekka market frequently. In fact there is a vegetable stall there that serves more angmoh vegetables than Cold Storage at half the price.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am afriad what you said is wrong. As a Singaporean, i have every right to be where i want. I don't have to avoid anywhere because security was trumpeted by the ruling party for the past 20 to 30 years.

I used to go Tekka wet market in the past for their fresh produce and frequented the multitude of stalls there for their delicious cuisine. If you are there before, half the market is made up of Chinese stalls, which represents the racial makeup that visits the place. Chinese and malays and quite some angmoh visit tekka market frequently. In fact there is a vegetable stall there that serves more angmoh vegetables than Cold Storage at half the price.

I suggest you learn how to read. i just merely said i pity those ppl that have to work there and was just questioning what a non shit skin would want to visit the place nothing to do with any right or wrong to visit it.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, putting on bandage aid to solve the problem is the traits of our civil servants now.

bottle breaking n fights r not exclusive to little india. this is discrimination rearing its ugly face. the least teo see fatt can do was to object n protect the foreign talents from been heckled by police n security forces.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Stallholders at Tekka hawker centre have stopped selling bottled beer, as highlighted in recent media reports. Only canned beer is available for sale there.

But grassroots leaders hope more can be done to enforce this no-bottles move. They have noticed more people thronging Tekka Centre - particularly after restrictions were put in place to curb alcohol consumption in Little India's public areas.

The police had engaged stall owners in August and September to reduce the risk of glass bottles being used as weapons in fights. It added that all the stall owners whom police spoke to said they will consider doing so for safety reasons.

The papees might as well ban all bottled beer in the country. Why only apply the ban in Tekka? This kind of prohibition is only one of its kind in the world. Instead of hitting hard at the ah nehs and all those behaving in disorderly manner after a few drinks, the paps took on the ah sohs and ah pehs running the drink stalls for a living.

If the paps have no guts to hantam the ah nehs and the criminals, then leave the ah sohs and ah pehs alone to earn a living.

Cane and jail the culprits when drunk in public or fighting in public and no one will misbehave. When the courts merely impose the fines on people who got drunk or fighting in public, who are afraid?

Rich people with money see the fines imposed as money lost in gambling, no big deal. Give them the rotan and the jail term of at least three months, not just three weeks, if beer bottles are used in any fighting, it is an effective deterrence.

Freestyler

Alfrescian
Loyal
The papees might as well ban all bottled beer in the country. Why only apply the ban in Tekka? This kind of prohibition is only one of its kind in the world. Instead of hitting hard at the ah nehs and all those behaving in disorderly manner after a few drinks, the paps took on the ah sohs and ah pehs running the drink stalls for a living.

If the paps have no guts to hantam the ah nehs and the criminals, then leave the ah sohs and ah pehs alone to earn a living.

Cane and jail the culprits when drunk in public or fighting in public and no one will misbehave. When the courts merely impose the fines on people who got drunk or fighting in public, who are afraid?

Rich people with money see the fines imposed as money lost in gambling, no big deal. Give them the rotan and the jail term of at least three months, not just three weeks, if beer bottles are used in any fighting, it is an effective deterrence.

Not far from mimicking China.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ban this ban that. How about banning the haze? Fucktard PAPpies can do shit out of Sinkieland. :oIo:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Vile pappies aren't weak.....its to their benefit to punish selectively.
See how they deal with political dissenters or those that harm their elites.....full weight of law and more.....
Pappies can't be too harsh to foreigners else it will affect their masterplan of importing more FTs.