• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Colossal Waste of Taxpayer $$

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]New CMPB will be part of a mega-complex which will offer servicemen much more[/h]<!-- ****Story Title Section >> End -->
<!-- ****Story Social networking Section >> Begin --> Published on Sep 30, 2014 9:18 PM
<!--<script type="text/javascript" src="http://w.sharethis.com/button/buttons.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript">stLight.options({publisher: "2217db04-7058-474f-8e12-daad59f07b9f", doNotHash: false, doNotCopy: false, hashAddressBar: false});</script>--> 74 155 0 0PRINT EMAIL <!--span class='st_googleplus_hcount' displayText=''></span-->

<!-- ****Story Social networking Section >> End -->
<!-- ****Story Image / Video / Gallery Section >> Begin -->
CMPB at Depot Road, which will be relocated to Upper Bukit Timah Road. The Defence Ministry's administrative and medical arms will move into a soon-to-be-built mega complex in Upper Bukit Timah Road. It will also house the new Central Manpower Base (CMPB). -- ST PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA

<!-- /.view -->

<!-- ****Story Image / Video / Gallery Section >> End --> <!-- ****Story byline Section >> Begin --> By Jermyn Chow
<!-- ****Story byline Section >> End -->
<!-- ****Story IMU ad in content Section >> Begin --><!-- ****Story IMU ad in content Section >> End --><!-- ****Story content Section >> Begin --> SINGAPORE - The Defence Ministry's administrative and medical arms will move into a soon-to-be-built mega complex in Upper Bukit Timah Road. It will also house the new Central Manpower Base (CMPB).
Mindef said in a statement on Tuesday that a human resource, finance and medical hub will be set up in the complex that will be built on an open field opposite Cashew MRT station, which will be part of the new Downtown Line 2. The new complex will be located opposite the Mindef headquarters along Gombak Drive. Mindef said the new location, which will have meeting facilities, interaction spaces, and amenities such as food and beverage outlets and convenience stores, will "better service" NS-bound males, national servicemen and active personnel.
"The co-location of various departments and the proximity to Mindef HQ will improve work effectiveness," said the statement. It added that the building, which will take "several years" to develop will also "create a conducive environment for visitors and staff".

Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen first revealed in a Facebook post on Monday that the CMPB along Depot Road, where hundreds of thousands of young men have been called up for national service (NS) and pre-enlistment screening since 1989, is moving to a new home. CMPB, which moved to Depot Road from Dempsey Hill in 1989, used to be where parents sent their sons off to report for duty. Those who need to perform NS now go to the military complex for medical and aptitude tests.

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better to scrap NS and have a professional army.

Our young men are too weak and cannot fight a war.

Just acknowledge it and move on.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i had a CO who sabotage his man when there is a problem, this type of army not worth serving...

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hooray !
More money for their kaki lang contractors who will "huat" from the bidding exercise :eek:
Main con , sub con , sub con and sub con till peasants kena con
:oIo:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there's no better value than vacating a piece of prime real estate that can be used for more "productive" pursuits, such as shopping, dining, and whoring. mindef did the right thing. :p

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there's no better value than vacating a piece of prime real estate that can be used for more "productive" pursuits, such as shopping, dining, and whoring. mindef did the right thing. :p

obviously bukit timah is a shithole,thats why they are relocating cmpb to someplace which has more access to shopping,dining and whoring like orchard rd.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS is a whopping SGD$13 billion dollar business :rolleyes:
Kickbacks from food , accommodation and firearms deals confirmed a big huat to all those cronies ( jiak liao bee Paper Genrals included )
Just keep'em toys shiny and don't cock up the annual wayang NDP ( quote from laksaboy :p )

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It kind of makes sense to shift CMPB to right next to Mindef.

Mindef has closed down a lot of camps or has converted them to hostels etc. There was one camp at Portsdown Road which is now an empty piece of land.

I never forgot the day when I had to report to CMPB for my enlistment checkup. Depot Road was a horrendously inaccessible place. The medical officer told me to take off my pants and cough. He gave me PES B. Then I went to the computer lab to do some aptitude test.:o

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS is a whopping SGD$13 billion dollar business :rolleyes:
Kickbacks from food , accommodation and firearms deals confirmed a big huat to all those cronies ( jiak liao bee Paper Genrals included )
Just keep'em toys shiny and don't cock up the annual wayang NDP ( quote from laksaboy :p )

Spot on. The amount spent on the logistics stuff alone (SAF e-marts, cookhouses) would be more than enough to improve healthcare etc.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spot on. The amount spent on the logistics stuff alone (SAF e-marts, cookhouses) would be more than enough to improve healthcare etc.

and the food is still shit,u think with 13 billion spent a year we would be living in shangri la bunks and eating at sky 56 restaurants......but no.....knnbccb....im thinking that 10k a month they pay to my jiak liao bee liutenant colonel,my god what that money could have done for all the nsf at my camp......10 fucking k a month......the entire platoon could order kfc and mac everyday and take taxis book in and out and still have change left over.