• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is the legal age for Retirement in Singapore?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What is the legal age of retirement? 55? or 65?

Is it illegal to retire earlier?

Anyone who retires before 55 is liable to be charged under section 22 of the criminal code and could face up to 7 years in prison. Don't risk it.

Even if you have retired, I suggest you pretend to carry on working in order to evade prosecution.

faithang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who retires before 55 is liable to be charged under section 22 of the criminal code and could face up to 7 years in prison. Don't risk it.

Even if you have retired, I suggest you pretend to carry on working in order to evade prosecution.

oh my god!!! :eek:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well said.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

The whole thingie stinks after mishandling by PAPigs!

My frenz wife was caught in the middle............... when she was 62 office politics wnated to dump her using Stat Board loophole of marginal performance...... how can an employee of 42 yrs service with promotions in between have re employment denied to her???? She brought her case to MOM and that Singapore Polytechnic has to eat humble pie by offering re employment BUT wiith pay cuts amounting to 40% and benefits like medical, annual leave mercilessly cut.............even continuiing in last jpb done! She maintained her pride and threw the offer in the bin!!! Fuck PAP, fuck SP!!

Now gahmen is re offering to up retirement age to 67 but silent on pay n benefit losses! I dun believe that this change came from the heart
Instead they are seeing less sgian available for jobs. Hence the 67 bar, BUT why move by painful stages 55 60 62 n 67???? Can fucking make up your friggin mind??? Why cut pay n perks???? esp doing same job????? Why mostly in govt n stat board????

Now that you fucked up those forced to retire at age of 55 60 62 .......... what are you doing to compensate the mistakes committed???? Fucking PAPigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

retirement age above 90yrs old, can earn million!

But your name must in the FamiLee than can ok??

If not benefit will cut until bare bone...after 62yrs old...