• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Joseph Schooling's mum live in SG for over 30 years but chose to remain a PR

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once an FT, always an FT. Asking and getting privileges that no one else gets. So many other atheletes in singapore's past never got deferment, but this guy is a special case?

May, who is in her 50s, put her tough, no-nonsense approach to good effect when she and Colin famously negotiated for their son’s long-term deferment from National Service (NS) in October this year.

I think Mr Ang Peng Siong is still the poster boy for Singapore swimming considering that he was not paid big bucks for medals and had to abide by the military rules back in his heydays.

Both ST editor and Joseph's mum should be given bravery medals for revealing information that military rules can be negotiated when all of us who dug in and served our time had been told otherwise.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think Mr Ang Peng Siong is still the poster boy for Singapore swimming considering that he was not paid big bucks for medals and had to abide by the military rules back in his heydays.

Both ST editor and Joseph's mum should be given bravery medals for revealing information that military rules can be negotiated when all of us who dug in and served our time had been told otherwise.

Maybe Ang Peng Siong should have an angmo sounding name? Than he can defer NS like Schooling. I wonder if his mother used her Malaysian citizenship to threaten MINDEF by saying the son will change citizenship to Malaysian, so he can continue to swim and avoid NS.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe Ang Peng Siong should have an angmo sounding name? Than he can defer NS like Schooling. I wonder if his mother used her Malaysian citizenship to threaten MINDEF by saying the son will change citizenship to Malaysian, so he can continue to swim and avoid NS.

Well, I hoped that the cake was tasty.