• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Joseph Schooling's mum live in SG for over 30 years but chose to remain a PR

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
sinkies are so fucking stupid. Up till now, you all still don't know how to read an article from the shit times. Read the article again. The father Schooling senior says he was born in Singapore but NEVER said that he was a singapore citizen. there is a difference here. When your grandfather is a British citizen, and presumably your father might have been one even though he was born here, it follows that the elder Schooling could have also had a British citizenship.

Contrast this with the typical sinkie chinese who was born here, there is almost zero chance of them being a foreign citizen because their last few generations were all either born here or moved here from China. And no one gets a chinese citizenship after so many generations. Nor would they want to.

Most people who were actually born here and are singapore citizens would also volunteer the fact that they did NS. Schooling senior never mentioned this at all. If he is really a singapore citizen and did NS before, just come out and say so in the article. After all, he is defending his son's nationality and integrity, why wouldn't he mention these facts. Unless of course he is not actually a citizen and he never did NS. I could be wrong, but usually the way Shit Times writes up these por lumpar articles, they will usually dig up every small "achievement" and play it up. If the father did NS, I am sure they will be trumpeting this to the high heavens.

The fact the mother stayed here for 30 years and never became a sinkies citizen is a big red flag to me too. In order for the mother to be sinkie citizen, she must renounce her malaysian citizenship. No big deal. Malaysian citizenship for a chinese means nothing, but in order to be a sinkie citizen, you must renounce ALL other citizenships. What if she is also a British citizen due to her husband? Would she care to renounce that in exchange for a sinkie passport? Not likely, hence 30 years never renounce.

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so if screw bollah knows the answer

just spill the beans, dont keep us all in suspense hor

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
why didn't she become a citizen?
not interested in politics?

Only foreigners who are dumb seek to become shitizens. The benefits are better if you remain a SPR forever. You have all the benefits in life as given to locals in sinkie land like travel concessions in public transport, job opportunities, purchasing HDB flats, getting places in schools and most important, you can clear out your CPF in one lump sum when you balek kampong, no minimum sum retention and all that shit.

Locals are suckers but SPR are smarties.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....All of the extra liabilities, none of the benefits.

When foreigners get the SPR, their first smart move is to buy an HDB flat, rent it out and collect monthly rental. Stay in their homeland and be back in sinkie land to meet minimum period of residence and voila, you have a property in sinkieland. No need to work and slog like sinkies to own the HDB flat.

Only dumb papees cannot see this foreigners' exploitation of their liberal public housing policy.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who gives a shit abt his mom, not like she got swim in the pool with joscelin yeo.

Mother become citizen or not you also want to care..........KNN

Ya la if given a choice many sinkies also dun want their pink ic.
Pink ic is a piece of toilet paper.....a tiong instant pink ic or schooling mum who stay here 30 years as PR.....
I'll say schooling mum is more singaporean.

And those dumbfucks who ask if schooling dad got serve NS.....knn picking bones la.....his time where got NS?
The schoolings are born and bred sinkies in my books....
But jury out there if they are pappies supporters

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Pink ic is a piece of toilet paper.....a tiong instant pink ic or schooling mum who stay here 30 years as PR.....

And those dumbfucks who ask if schooling dad got serve NS.....knn picking bones la.....his time where got NS?

NS was started in 1967. That means Schooling senior was 19 years old in 1967 and he should have been called up. My father who is in his 70s had to register for NS, but at that time he said u could chose where to go. He chose Air Force but was never called up because the Air Force was too small to require anyone at that time.

Don't be so infatuated by this family. U are swallowing all their shit. U say the mum is a singaporean, but yet she has a PR. She is not a fucking singaporean until she holds a pink IC. Ok? Wrap your head around that. I am born in Singapore, got pink IC, did more than my NS. When you compare his fucking mother who is here for 30 years scamming the system, and calling her a singaporean, you are insulting me and others like me. So, go fuck yourself. I want his father to say he is singapore citizen and show his pink IC, I want his mother to do the same thing. Only when they do that can all this talk be dispelled. To date, I have not see or heard that. In fact, I have not even heard the father describe himself as a singapore citizen. Born in singapore is not the same thing as a singapore citizen.

If one of the parents is scamming the system for 30 years and not converting to singapore citizenship, than I am supposed to believe the other parent is straight up honest? Only u are so gullible.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A pink IC is a mark of shame... it's like those six-pointed stars the Jews wear in Nazi Germany to indicate their inferior status.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS was started in 1967. That means Schooling senior was 19 years old in 1967 and he should have been called up. My father who is in his 70s had to register for NS, but at that time he said u could chose where to go. He chose Air Force but was never called up because the Air Force was too small to require anyone at that time.

Your father in 70s called up for NS? That's a first.
Let me brief you on NS.....
Only those born in 1948 are supposed to go to NS back then.
And those born in the first half year are exempted. So only those born on or after 1 July 1948 are supposed to go.
These first batch would be 66 years old today.
And many end up not serving as the system was not in full swing.
You need to know schooling snr birthday before you pass judgement.

Also regard to PR scheme. Blame the vile pappies dun blame those who benefit from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Once an FT, always an FT. Asking and getting privileges that no one else gets. So many other atheletes in singapore's past never got deferment, but this guy is a special case?

You don’t want to mess with the most important woman in Joseph Schooling’s life.

The Singapore swim star’s mother, May, is the self-professed “bad cop” and the stricter parent to Joseph compared to her husband Colin.

“If he says a foul word, I’ll slap him,” the outspoken lady said, dead serious.

May, who is in her 50s, put her tough, no-nonsense approach to good effect when she and Colin famously negotiated for their son’s long-term deferment from National Service (NS) in October this year.

It was a groundbreaking move that saw Joseph, currently studying and training at Bolles high school in the US, become the only Singaporean athlete to ever be permitted up to three years of undisturbed training.

The target for the 18-year-old is a historic Olympic medal for the country come 2016 in Brazil. With five individual national records and hugely-impressive butterfly timings that rank amongst the top in the world, Joseph is on track for greater heights – barring the obstacle that is NS, said May.

“So far, all our prominent swimmers have been girls,” argued the finance director at a trading company founded by herself and Colin. “Pat Chan, Junie Sng, Joscelin Yeo… where are the boys?”

Loyalty to country

Determined to not have their son’s progress possibly derailed by NS, the Schoolings opened talks in 2010 with the then-Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports as well as the Singapore National Olympic Council.

“They asked if he can serve six months (three months of basic and vocational training each) then go back to the States to train,” May revealed to Yahoo Singapore.

That would still affect his performance, according to her.

“I told them very clearly: I’m trying to teach my son to be loyal to this country,” said May. “But why should he be loyal to a country that doesn’t even support him when he wants to achieve swimming success for (it)?”

“[In a way] if you represent the country and make people stand for your flag, you’re doing ‘national service’,” she added.

May, however, stressed that they "never pushed for swimming to be a substitute for NS" -- in fact, her son should eventually serve NS like any Singaporean man, she said.

But the real clincher, according to May, was the assistance that poured in from all corners of the globe.

“Top authorities in the world came in to help us and supply us with all the information we needed,” she said.

“For example, Gregg Troy, the men’s head coach at USA swimming then, and Bill Sweetenham, who was an advisor to the Singapore Sports Council, all wrote letters supporting Joseph.”

“They’re the ones who can see talent, and they say he will be world-class,” she added.

May, understandably proud of her son, joked that his deferment was approved because “they want to show (him) off at the 2015 SEA Games in Singapore, the year he’s supposed to be in NS.”

But she ultimately stressed that she and her husband were not looking for Joseph to escape a duty expected of all Singaporean men.

“He can come back and do (NS) when he finishes swimming,” said May. “It’s okay to get him into the pool of soldiers. Not a problem.”

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If one of the parents is scamming the system for 30 years and not converting to singapore citizenship, than I am supposed to believe the other parent is straight up honest? Only u are so gullible.

well screw bollah , for that rare time, i am in agreement one doesn't give up PR which has the so many benefits unless one wants to stad for elections...

Last edited by a moderator:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a huge difference between independent school and international schools. Singaporeans need permission to study in international schools but not independent school.
Independent schools supposedly offer better programs and therefore charge higher fees. Most kids who attend independent schools do so either because they got scholarship or they can well afford it.
BTW, my kid attended independent school on scholarship.

Which shows that you are a second class citizen and a second class father who only need his child to be a second class citizen as well.

What an aspiration!

When your ruler's father would want nothing less for his grand son and would send him to international school but yet would order his cronies to trumpet the huge success of his education system covering both independent and public schools.

You need to get your head checked. LoL

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why pick on the mom whose son helped us to get a gold medal?

There are millions of Malaysians still holding Malaysians passports.

I thought Singapore and Malaysia are brothers and sisters?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Schooling is a sinkie. Born and bred.
He is more sinkie than his swim teammate taoli.
More sinkie than ex Malaysian Everest climber.
Many more times sinkie then the naturalize footballing brazilian and croatian we have and not forgetting the table tennis Prc b team.

He is more sinkie than Penang cow, fool me hard and traitor puthocherry who did not serve NS all put together.