• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What a down time last nite Ah Sam, yr SQL database got Toasted Ah?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
:wink: great to see the forum up again.

Poor Ah Sam last nite no sleep. Screwed by the MYSQL error huh?

Wah Piang Eh....

:Z

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The database server is OK. It's Apache that needs upgrading. I may have to add another server.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Apache reconfigured. Sphinx moved to the database server which has more processing power. Xcache reconfigured. Let's see how it goes.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi,hi, uncle yap...how is it going...? must be good ya...time to bash the pappies again, great to see you back here..:smile:

:wink: great to see the forum up again.

Poor Ah Sam last nite no sleep. Screwed by the MYSQL error huh?

Wah Piang Eh....

:Z

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
angmoh invention = no sustainability. A trial and error invention need reconfigured and still not sure it will work?

Apache reconfigured. Sphinx moved to the database server which has more processing power. Xcache reconfigured. Let's see how it goes.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
The database server is OK. It's Apache that needs upgrading. I may have to add another server.

A good thing right now is SDRAM prices became so affordable. Just be lavish in server RAM upgrade, will get good performance. SSD also became affordable over HDD, and can last better lifetime.

Any way when RAM is cheap can RAMDISK yr SQL data file. CRON image copy to SSD at fixed time intervals, just in case power lost or system hangs. This way prrforman of RAMDISK will be fast.

Yr forum banner msg seemed to say databse trouble last nite. Read-only mode.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
i lost his phone number, if not we can go moon tanning...:biggrin:

Hi forumers.

:wink:

No Changi Hotel lah...

I m dealing with LEEgime Official Assignee now to discharge my 2006 Sue Wong Kan Seng for CPFB Protest case Banruptcy. See what game they play now.

:smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
A good thing right now is SDRAM prices became so affordable. Just be lavish in server RAM upgrade, will get good performance. SSD also became affordable over HDD, and can last better lifetime.

Any way when RAM is cheap can RAMDISK yr SQL data file. CRON image copy to SSD at fixed time intervals, just in case power lost or system hangs. This way prrforman of RAMDISK will be fast.

Yr forum banner msg seemed to say databse trouble last nite. Read-only mode.

When the problems first surfaced, I thought it was the database but the repair routine and optimisation did not reveal any problems. However, the apache logs indicated that the system had run out of steam.

I'll be upgrading the server. In the meantime the current tweaks should help matters which includes moving the search engine to the database server which is more powerful.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi forumers.

I m dealing with LEEgime Official Assignee now to discharge my 2006 Sue Wong Kan Seng for CPFB Protest case Banruptcy. See what game they play now.

:smile:

Good luck uncleyap. Im sure we'll witness the fall of the LEEgime in our lifetime!