• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

#OccupyCentral thread: Give me Liberty or Give me Death!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: HK people deserved their freedom and transparent garmen!

If you ask me, hong Kong can be the Scandinavia of the east. They can afford a comprehensive welfare system if they want.and lead the way for the rest of the region to follow.
But this can only come if they are allowed to manage their own affairs.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Difference between HK and SGPlians

t728vr.png

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would join HK protestors but I won't follow Roy and HHH

Guess many Singaporeans prob feel the same way. The situation is almost the same, both populace being bullied and unfairly treated by authorities. But the HK protestors got wide support, their behavior noble..goodness gracious there r even kids doing their homework in the protest.But Roy and HHH came across as bullies themselves. How to support them?? They should change their aggressive behavior, be like Gandhi - silent protest, sit in, don't flinch even when targeted by water cannons..etc. When people see this, they will support u because you have behaved honouraby. Not go about scaring special needs kids..etc. Man ! That's cardinal sin!! Even those who support u will be shocked!!

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hongkies believed in democracy while Singkies worshipped materialism.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you ask me, hong Kong can be the Scandinavia of the east. They can afford a comprehensive welfare system if they want.and lead the way for the rest of the region to follow.
But this can only come if they are allowed to manage their own affairs.

what a load of bullshit.
Scandinavia have huge land mass with very small population. With great natural resources.
while Hong kong which is small and massive overcrowding.

Hong kong has very low taxes. Where are they going to fund the social welfare?
They are going to raise it from one of the lowest in the world to highest in the world. Non starter.

It is not going to happen. Not in a thousand years.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Xi jinping will send all these people to Tibet and xinjiang to do hard labour

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Because they worked for it!!

empty gesture. In recent memory, the only peaceful protest that is successful is Ukraine. Look at the shithole Ukraine become after their peacful revolution. PRC tanks will crush the protesters. I will pay money to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I would join HK protestors but I won't follow Roy and HHH

pls lah.. nobody was injured n nobody was upset, only uptight. like tighten vagina. the farktard silat teo even tried to act spastic, why no one fark him?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you think Roy and HHH are bullies, then you're just like one of the many daft, undiscerning Sinkies who believes everything that comes out of SPH. :rolleyes:

Get off your high horse, please.

If anything, Roy and HHH are too civil, too polite.

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Wah This Video wants to make me move to HK!!

go ahead sochi , surrender your singaporean citizenship and talk to us again in five years time. Congrats.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal

When Britain was ruling them, these Honkies were just mice. They never had a say in the appointment of the Governor or even the Chief Secretary. Yet there was not even a whisper of protest then.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nothing is a coincidence.

What happens in HK right now is a consequence of a power struggle between Xi Jinping and Jiang Zemin's people (whom Xi has been purging through the anti-corruption crusade).

Jiang's cronies think that if violence occurs in HK, it should make Xi look bad.

[video=youtube;eob49hfqCAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eob49hfqCAc[/video]

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal

If anything, Roy and HHH are too civil, too polite.

Oh no Roy and his side kicks are just shit stirrers , if I were the head of CPF , I say let those who want it have it and sign a document with a commissioner of oaths saying when they lose their money , don't come begging for help and say singapore government is screwed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

They have no other choice. They have to fight for it.

As far as the government in Beijing is concerned, HK was returned to them and it is now China, and has to comply with Chinese laws. The "special status" was provided so as not to disrupt HK's economic workings, which benefit the mainland as well. But the Hong Kongers have grown used to quite a large amount of freedoms (by PRC's standards) and aren't going to just give it up. PRC in the past would simply roll in their tanks and squash any dissent, but the present case isn't going to be that straightforward. There are many Chinese living abroad now and are all watching. PRC wants to break away from that "harsh" leadership style and go along with crowd sentiments, at least a little, or at least wants to appear so. It's anybody's guess how much leash they'll release. Let's see what happens.

Cheers!

Because they worked for it!!..........