• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

#OccupyCentral thread: Give me Liberty or Give me Death!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Things really happen very fast in city that never sleeps
Occupy Central suddenly brought forward a few days
Morph into Occupy Gahbrament Buildings what's more
Fatty Jimmy Lai founder of Giordano has joined protest
Declares that like the others he is prepared to be arrested
Fifty thousand people okay Hong Lim got how many
Sinkie Tycoons all merrily hiring cheap foreign talents
All those goggles water bottles and food cost money

Bloomberg News

Occupy Hong Kong Protest Kicks Off Early After Clashes

Pro-democracy protesters were prompted to kick-start their campaign to occupy central Hong Kong after thousands of students descended on the government’s headquarters to demand China withdraws proposals to control the city’s elections in demonstrations that led to clashes with police.

Leaders of Occupy Central With Love and Peace brought forward plans for a mass sit-in aimed at paralyzing the city’s business district as tensions escalated in a fight about democracy that has divided Hong Kong. Co-founder Benny Tai took to a stage early this morning outside the government’s headquarters and demanded China retract its “undemocratic” plan for the election of the territory’s next leader.

Thousands had already rallied outside the headquarters last night to heed a call by student leaders for a mass protest, spurred by earlier clashes when anti-riot police used pepper spray as they cleared demonstrators. Police made 74 arrests and at least 34 people were injured in the skirmishes yesterday, according to official statements.

Pro-democracy protesters were prompted to kick-start their campaign to occupy central Hong Kong after thousands of students descended on the government’s headquarters to demand China withdraws proposals to control the city’s elections in demonstrations that led to clashes with police.

Leaders of Occupy Central With Love and Peace brought forward plans for a mass sit-in aimed at paralyzing the city’s business district as tensions escalated in a fight about democracy that has divided Hong Kong. Co-founder Benny Tai took to a stage early this morning outside the government’s headquarters and demanded China retract its “undemocratic” plan for the election of the territory’s next leader.

Thousands had already rallied outside the headquarters last night to heed a call by student leaders for a mass protest, spurred by earlier clashes when anti-riot police used pepper spray as they cleared demonstrators. Police made 74 arrests and at least 34 people were injured in the skirmishes yesterday, according to official statements.

"Occupy Central will start from occupying government headquarters," Tai told the cheering crowd. “Students and all Hong Kong people who support democracy, we will start a new era of civil disobedience together.”

Students Rally

Occupy Central activists have long threatened a sit-in in the nearby business district as part of efforts to pressure China’s Communist Party government to allow a more open election in the former British colony. Their protest had been expected to start on the Oct. 1 Chinese National Day holiday in the central business district, a subway stop away from the site of the current rally.

With students getting out in front of Occupy Central and attracting more people than Occupy had predicted for its own protest, the movement was forced to follow the students’ lead. Even with Tai declaring the start of the occupation, the groups’ supporters had not yet moved into the streets of the central business district.

The Federation of Students, which started the initial rally at the government headquarters, estimated 50,000 people turned out last night to support them. Volunteers handed out bottles of water, bread and fruit, as well as plastic wrap and facial masks to be used as protection against pepper spray. While Tai’s speech at the site was greeted with cheers, there were signs of tensions between the two groups.

“Some students feel the pace of Occupy Central is too slow,” said Tommy Cheung, a standing committee member of the student group. “This is to occupy the government headquarters. It is not the same as Occupy Central.”

The current rally was started Sept. 26 by students who boycotted classes this week. It escalated when some climbed over fences and clashed with police in riot gear, who dragged some of the protesters away.

Pepper Spray

“No one knows if Occupy Central will achieve our goals, but I want to show the government I want true democracy,” said secondary school student Billy Yeung, 17, who arrived early this morning. “I’m worried about the pepper spray. My parents did stop me from coming. But I explained why and I insisted.”

Pro-democracy lawmakers said police used excessive force. The government said the police response was appropriate and any further assembly was unlawful.

Numbers swelled last night as thousands converged on the scene before Occupy Central leaders joined them to declare the start of its own action. The group demanded that Hong Kong Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying submits a new political reform report to China or face an escalation of actions.

“We’re moved by the participation of the citizens,” Tai told reporters. “We just need to respond.”

‘Say A Prayer’

After a series of speeches, the rally quietened down with protesters sleeping against barricades and on the ground as the police looked on. Next Media Ltd.’s Chairman Jimmy Lai and Martin Lee, 76, the founding chairman of the city’s Democratic Party were also on the site. Both men, decked in rain coats, and goggles, were seated cross-legged at the front of a bunch of students at the entrance of the Legislative Council car park entrance.

“We will be here for as long as it takes,” Lai told reporters. “We’re seeking a free society, not to be cowards. I’m a Hong Kong citizen, so I’m out here doing my part.”
Speaking on the prospect of being arrested, Lee said it’s a risk they had to take. “Say a prayer for us.”

China said last month that candidates for the 2017 leadership election must be vetted by a committee, angering pro-democracy campaigners who say the group is packed with business executives and lawmakers who favor Beijing.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-09-27/hong-kong-police-face-off-with-pro-democracy-protesters

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Give me Liberty or Give me Death! Giordano Tycoon joins Occupy Central!

What could be the catalyst for similar movement in sinkieland ?soon-to-be canonised-old-fart will not live to that day for sure

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Aint gonna happen....kiasee kiasoo kiaboe kiachenghoo and kiabor stinaporeans all horngan liao.......

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Aint gonna happen....kiasee kiasoo kiaboe kiachenghoo and kiabor stinaporeans all horngan liao.......

Then what are you waiting for, go protest lah.

Are you also kiasu kiasee KPKB Singaporean also?

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

They be rewarded instead with bountyfull riches and moved up th sinkie food chain!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The policies are tabulated in Beijing and not HK!!!!

Hongkees should show the communist chump that they meant business by demonstrating in Beijing...

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Your father couldnt be bothered.....

I wanna take my popcorn and wait to see you suffer slowly under these pap bastards.........

Shiok.....

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

U wanna risk having your particulars taken down ... u being the coward. Ha Ha

Over at HK, parents are terrified that their children will miss or mess up the coming Cambridge Overseas O Level Exams that will take place in 18 days' time. These children will suffer from being manipulated by west leaning politicians. Sad.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Two different scenarios in Hong Kong and Singapore. In the Fragrant Harbour, the people see their freedoms being taken away by the government, and are protesting that. In Little Red Dot, the government gives them that freedom, there is nothing to protest. As long as the standard of char kwey teow is good, the locals will settle for that.

Cheers!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Over at HK, parents are terrified that their children will miss or mess up the coming Cambridge Overseas O Level Exams that will take place in 18 days' time. These children will suffer from being manipulated by west leaning politicians. Sad.

asian civilisations are fucked,their leaders are all obssessed with total control and iron fist dictatorships and dynasties.........seriously this is what seperates the yellow slant eyed ching chongs gooks and charlies.........they will never understand the concept of democracy and freedom and independence and individuality.......i think sinkies and hong kies and prcs better resort to chanting long live mao and long live Lee for the rest of their lives.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Two different scenarios in Hong Kong and Singapore. In the Fragrant Harbour, the people see their freedoms being taken away by the government, and are protesting that. In Little Red Dot, the government gives them that freedom, there is nothing to protest. As long as the standard of char kwey teow is good, the locals will settle for that.

Cheers!

Two different scenarios in Fragrant Harbour and Singapore. In Little Red Dot, Sinkies are ball-less, whereas in Hong Kong they are prepared to fight for their freedoms. What freedoms you talking about? Let's do some random point by point comparisons:

1) Freedom of press: Sinkieland's Shit Times is PAP propaganda machine. It's impossible to deny this now. HK has many newspapers. You can call Li Peng an idiot and still be allowed to run Apple Daily.

2) Freedom of assembly: Protests are a regular and orderly affair and they walk on the streets, not confined to a park where some goondu civil servant grants two permits on the same day one for an event that could be held in another place not reserved for public rallies. If you can't walk on a route, it is not considered a protest.

3) Right to withdraw all of YOUR money at age 60: This MPF rule has been in place since inception and has NEVER been changed. What is the CPF minimum sum now?

I can go on and on.

As for universal suffrage, why is it that 40% of the votes get you less than 10% of the seats? All due to manipulation of the Westminster model, such as gerrymandering, GRC, fixing of opposition, denial of taxpayer funded People's Association facilities even to elected Opposition MPs, etc to the extent that it ceases to be genuine universal suffrage.

Cheers and please open your eyes!

Oops I forgot to mention, one can have good char kway teow in places where you can have ALL of the freedoms mentioned above plus omelettes where oysters are the size of my not insignificant thumb. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Over at HK, parents are terrified that their children will miss or mess up the coming Cambridge Overseas O Level Exams that will take place in 18 days' time. These children will suffer
from being manipulated by west leaning politicians. Sad.

I'm not sure if what you say is true....what I can see from the crowds is that enough parents made it down to show they want a future for their kids.
Only a brain washed sinkie dumbfuck would worry so much about exams....hahaha

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Two different scenarios in Fragrant Harbour and Singapore. In Little Red Dot, Sinkies are ball-less, whereas in Hong Kong they are prepared to fight for their freedoms. What freedoms you talking about? Let's do some random point by point comparisons

Good post but dun waste time explaining to the brain washed dumbfucks.
I doubt those 60.1% know what to do even if you give them freedom....they might clamour for the return of pap.....simply because they feel lost when pappies dun administer to them their daily arse fucking....

Last edited by a moderator:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Granted, it is not perfect, but it is apparent majority of the people in Singapore are quite happy with things the way they are.

1. Freedom of press: The Straits Times, although a shitty newspaper, is happily bought and read by the locals. I do not buy nor read this paper, but almost everyone else I know does.

2. Freedom of assembly: No one is preventing groups to gather for constructive, peaceful purposes. Trouble-makers, rebel-rousers will be arrested by the authorities. That's civil order.

3. Right to withdraw your money. Well, apparently the government seems accepted by the people to manage their savings (some call it disposable income) for them. Don't like that, can always vote them out.

My observation, life in Singapore is comfortable, society is orderly, events are predictable. Citizens like things the way they are, and prefer to remain in their comfort zone. As long as the char kwey teow is good, people don't care if they have a losing soccer team.

Cheers!

Two different scenarios in Fragrant Harbour and Singapore. In Little Red Dot, Sinkies are ball-less, whereas in Hong Kong they are prepared to fight for their freedoms. What freedoms you talking about? Let's do some random point by point comparisons

Last edited by a moderator:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wah leaders say Gostan now please
For sake of your insignificant life reverse
But the plebians are not moved
Instead of Gostan they charge forward

This world very fair one no bullshit
It stands to reason that Hongkies
Have more freedoms than Sinkies
What does habeas corpus mean arh

Police fire tear gas and baton charge thousands of Occupy Central protesters
Union leaders call for strikes as police defend hard-line response and Benny Tai admits protest movement's leaders are not in control

The streets of Central and Admiralty descended into chaos last night after police in riot gear fired tear gas at protesters as the Occupy Central campaign, a movement that promised "peace and love", escalated.

By midnight there was little sign of the mass protest ending. Thousands of protesters, despite police use of pepper spray, batons and tear gas, occupied the main roads outside the government headquarters complex in Admiralty. Many joined in after hearing of the confrontation from the media, and a smaller blockade began late last night in Causeway Bay, while hundreds occupied a section of Nathan Road in Mong Kok.

But Occupy co-organiser Dr Chan Kin-man urged the protesters to retreat. "It is a matter of life and death - Retreating does not mean giving up - Occupy Central has succeeded as long as the spirit of democracy never dies."

He said it was time to plan the next step of the campaign.

Cardinal Joseph Zen Ze-kiun, who supports the Occupy Central campaign, said: "We do not want to see anyone get hurt."

Images of officers carrying shotguns, wearing gas masks and chasing protesters in the streets of one of the world's safest metropolises shocked millions watching around the world.
With traffic and public transport in Central and Admiralty at a standstill, there were doubts as to whether the financial centre would open for business today.

Protesters vowed to escalate their action and student leaders urged workers to strike and shops to close. They said they would boycott classes until Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying resigned and Beijing gave "genuine universal suffrage" to Hong Kong.

The Professional Teachers' Union, which has 90,000 members, and the pro-democracy Confederation of Trade Unions echoed the call for strikes.

On the other side, the authorities in Hong Kong and Beijing condemned the protests as illegal and promised firm action. A Hong Kong government spokesman last night urged Occupy Central co-organiser Benny Tai Yiu-ting to honour his earlier promise and end the protest for the sake of Hong Kong's interests and the safety of participants.

Organisers had always said the movement would be peaceful. Tai said last month he would stop the protests if there was violence. Tai, a University of Hong Kong law scholar, admitted the campaign was out of control.

"Nobody can stop the protest now. They may only stop if CY Leung steps down," he said.

The last time police had fired tear gas was during the 2005 anti-globalisation protests. Then, the Hong Kong public were largely spectators as officers battled militant South Korean protesters during a World Trade Organisation ministerial conference.

This time, the city's police were pitted against young, local protesters. The scenes left Hongkongers traumatised and shell-shocked. One protester, 13-year-old Matthew Chau, said: "I can't believe police would resort to tear gas … My eyes hurt so bad."

Police chief Andy Tsang Wai-hung defended the use of tear gas, saying police had a responsibility to "resume social order".

As emotions ran high, wild rumours circulated. Some claimed officers fired rubber bullets at the crowd and that the PLA had been deployed to put down the demonstration.
A government spokesman denied the rumours and said Hong Kong did not ask the PLA for help.

Scholarism convenor Joshua Wong Chi-fung and other student leaders were released last night after being detained for about 40 hours. At least 78 people - including three pan-democrat lawmakers - were arrested and 26 people were taken to hospital.

Occupy leaders announced the immediate launch of the long-planned civil disobedience campaign in the early hours of yesterday. The decision was spurred by clashes at government headquarters between police and students.

The protests were triggered by Beijing's ruling last month that Hong Kong would be able to use one man, one vote to elect the chief executive in 2017, but only two or three candidates could run and they would need majority support from a nominating committee.

Pictures and videos at this link:
http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gas-and-baton-charge-thousands-occupy-central

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PAP Intelligence is closely monitoring #democracynowHK

The Hongkies refuse to be oppressed by the commie Tiongs, there are things that are more sacrosanct than huatting your way to a fatter bank account.

Surprised? Only the pappies are. :cool:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taiwanese show support for Hong Kongers

It might be futile, but at least the Taiwanese are making a comment and stance on democracy in Hong Kong. Hate to say so, but it looks like Singaporeans are only concerned about char kwey teow and makan issues. The very first level on Maslow's hierarchy.

Cheers!

http://news.yahoo.com/taiwanese-demand-end-crackdown-hong-kong-pro-democracy-025513798.html

Taiwanese demand end to crackdown on Hong Kong pro-democracy protest

By Michael Gold 4 hours ago

TAIPEI (Reuters) - About 100 protesters in Taiwan on Monday demanded that all economic and political talks with China end immediately in a show of support for the democracy protests in Hong Kong.
The demonstrators, led by prominent Taiwanese student activist Chen Weiting, sang songs and held up banners demanding an end to the police crackdown on the Hong Kong protests. The Taipei protesters walked away peacefully after calling on Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou to condemn the situation in Hong Kong.
"We can't tolerate any more economic or political dealings between Taiwan and China," said protest leader Chen.
Chen had led the Sunflower Movement earlier this year, when students occupied Taiwan's parliament for about a month to rally against a services agreement between Taiwan and China.
Police had surrounded the protesters, which had gathered outside an office building housing Hong Kong's representative office in Taipei, and more officers blocked the protesters from entering the elevators of the building.
Taiwan and China have been ruled separately since the Communists won China's civil war in 1949, but China has never renounced the use of force to take back what it calls a renegade province. Economic ties between Taiwan and China, however, have improved since China-friendly Ma was elected as president in 2008, but both sides remain deeply suspicious of each other.
In an interview with Al Jazeera television, Ma said the Taiwanese people were paying close attention to the events in Hong Kong and hoped Hong Kong and China can come to a mutually acceptable solution on democracy

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Taiwanese show support for Hong Kongers

It might be futile, but at least the Taiwanese are making a comment and stance on democracy in Hong Kong. Hate to say so, but it looks like Singaporeans are only concerned about char kwey teow and makan issues. The very first level on Maslow's hierarchy.

The Sinkie masses are stuck at Maslow's 1 & 2. The average Hong Konger has more courage and conviction in their little finger than the average Sinkie has in their entire body. It is amazing considering that HK was run as a largely apolitical mercantile society by the Brits for 150 years.

It will be a cold day in hell when we see street protests like this in Singapore. Even when one man – Chee Soon Juan – was brave enough to take to the streets, he was roundly condemned by his own cowardly compatriots, the very people for whose rights he was fighting.

Sigh. Sinkies are the despair of me.