• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what to do with music CDs

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
im ripping my CDs to mp3
any advice on what to do with the CDs?

converting to MP3 and dont want the CDs to weigh me down in terms of storage space and $$$

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
sell it to the cash converter, set up store in Sungei Road and sell them or the bestest way is do CHC to hoodwink the church goers they always support blindly like they support gong hee.

im ripping my CDs to mp3

converting to MP3 and dont want the CDs to weigh me down in terms of storage space and $$$

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
cash converters will pay like 10 cents a cd?

i did think of renting a flea market stall but maybe just better to give away

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Keep them. You never know if some collector wants them, especially if the case and liner notes are still intact.

Also, you can convert audio files to many formats, some lossless. m4a, FLAC, Ogg. 320kbps MP3 if you want the highest quality.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Keep them. You never know if some collector wants them, especially if the case and liner notes are still intact.

Also, you can convert audio files to many formats, some lossless. m4a, FLAC, Ogg. 320kbps MP3 if you want the highest quality.
yup some im converting to FLAC as well

as for keeping, i need to cut down so that i can store less

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
CD AIFF files are far superior in sound quality compared to MP3.

Throwing away AIFF and replacing with MP3 is the last thing on earth you want to do.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Talking about sound quality, saw this speaker brand B&W. A pair of speaker is at S$13,000.

Really that good meh?

0573dcba_nautilus.jpeg

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im ripping my CDs to mp3

If you want to be famous again, collect more and outdo this.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im ripping my CDs to mp3

I covert every one of CD's to Apple loseless....& DL them onto my 128GB iPad mini with retina display...I consider my OVERSIZE music player...:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about sound quality, saw this speaker brand B&W. A pair of speaker is at S$13,000.

Really that good meh?

0573dcba_nautilus.jpeg

It's all about brand and marketing. They need not necessarily sound better.

[video=youtube;ZsxQxS0AdBY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsxQxS0AdBY[/video]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im ripping my CDs to mp3

Why not keep them:confused:

I keep my original CDs in case I need to re-rip them when I replace my computers. The ripped versions of the music are usually of lower quality because of the lower sampling rate used. Not everyone has the storage space to store them at the higher sample rate.

I sometimes listen to the originals because I still have my HiFi system

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why not keep them:confused:

I keep my original CDs in case I need to re-rip them when I replace my computers. The ripped versions of the music are usually of lower quality because of the lower sampling rate used. Not everyone has the storage space to store them at the higher sample rate.

I sometimes listen to the originals because I still have my HiFi system
i dont want to pay more storage charges. or rather im trying to trim my posssions

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
give to the salvation army
at least they will sell and help the poor

u can also give them your old teddy bears and old cupboard

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Believe me, there are people rich enough to buy these speakers...I have seen CD player that cost half that price....in some deep pocket person house...never mind the cost of the rest of the set up...

If you look at Adelphi now many stores are making way for womens beauty salons, handbag shops,.... Shows who has the spending power in Spore:biggrin:

There are fewer people who are buying the large & expensive hardware like Krell, Mcintosh,... These things last a lifetime & you won't find many repeat customers.

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
u can throw away the jewel box
but keep the CDs
u can use CD paper envelope
and that save a lot of space