• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what to do with music CDs

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What happen to Bach, Batok or Beethofhenn?

Why you forget to mention Rossini
Unlike Verdi who worked till died of old age
Rotund smart alec retired young
However Verdi was revered as a patriot
Old Fart is reviled as opposite

[video=youtube;nXCULR2wO-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXCULR2wO-A[/video]

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
final lot

Mondo Grosso Mg4r
Mondo Grosso Born Free
Cheb Mami Meli Meli
Lewis Taylor Whoever EP
The Brandenburg Consort Bach; The Brandenburg Concertos
Brand New Heavies, The The best of 20 years
Monday Michiru 4 Seasons
Monday Michiru Chasing After The Sun
Simply Red Greatest Hits

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Am I the only one who likes to listen to ABBA, Air Supply, Bee Gees, Sergio Mendes, Bare Naked Ladies, Beatles, Jesus Christ Superstar,.....:confused: I own all of these CDs :smile:

Back when I was young I didn't have time to listen to the radio. However with internet radio I can listen to all the music from the past. . Some of the songs are not even in english. The nice thing about the radio I am using is that the title of the songs appear & I can google or youtube it

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
some of the people I listen to..................

Patricia Barber / Sara K / Jose James / Camouflage / Depeche Mode / The Cure / U2 / Antonio Carlos Jobim / Azure Ray

Art Of Noise / Bird York / Lee Ritenour / Bryan Ferry / China Crisis / Mary Black / The Housemartins / Promised Land

I thought what special and atas music you listen to! what you listen to is same as wendy. Mostly mainstream and some non-mainstream music of common genres.

At least she listens to aretha franklin 'QUEEN OF SOUL'. A royalty!! Beats your boyband depeche mode hands down!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Am I the only one who likes to listen to ABBA, Air Supply, Bee Gees, Sergio Mendes, Bare Naked Ladies, Beatles, Jesus Christ Superstar,.....:confused: I own all of these CDs :smile:

Back when I was young I didn't have time to listen to the radio. However with internet radio I can listen to all the music from the past. . Some of the songs are not even in english. The nice thing about the radio I am using is that the title of the songs appear & I can google or youtube it

Led Zepplin, Beck, Bogert, Carmine, Jeff Beck, Dave Mason....Long John Baldry, Alexis Korner..Cyril Davies.. Cream, Traffic, Deep Purple...Antonio Carlos Jobim, Astrud Gilberto, Getz/Gilberto, Sergio Mendes & Brazil 66, Gerry Mullihan, Free, Low Rawls, Bob James, Earl Klugh, David Sanborn, Lee Ritenour, Groover W Jr., Herbie Mann, Sadao Watanabe, John Klemmer, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, Eric Clatopn, Herb Alpert, Burt Bacharach, Ray Connif, Frank Chatsfieled, Lettermen, Sandpipers, Ventures....Rosemary Clooney, a bit local...Western Union Band, Black Dog Bone.... the list goes on....when good music was played over the "air"...

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I not one of those that pretend to like classical music to appear classy...................

Why do you say that? Classical music is more common than you thought. You can find classical music in films, dramas and commercials. . Next time you watch star wars, pay attention to the music.

And classical music dosn't just mean orchestral music. Even the famous nokia tune is from a classical guitar piece 'gran vals'. You think nokia's people composed that?

I give you one good short youtube example. you listen to this music. I've heard it countless times since young. My point is, you dont need to be classy to appreciate classical music.

[video=youtube;LU_QR_FTt3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU_QR_FTt3E[/video]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Led Zepplin, Beck, Bogert, Carmine, Jeff Beck, Dave Mason....Long John Baldry, Alexis Korner..Cyril Davies.. Cream, Traffic, Deep Purple...Antonio Carlos Jobim, Astrud Gilberto, Getz/Gilberto, Sergio Mendes & Brazil 66, Gerry Mullihan, Free, Low Rawls, Bob James, Earl Klugh, David Sanborn, Lee Ritenour, Groover W Jr., Herbie Mann, Sadao Watanabe, John Klemmer, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, Eric Clatopn, Herb Alpert, Burt Bacharach, Ray Connif, Frank Chatsfieled, Lettermen, Sandpipers, Ventures....Rosemary Clooney, a bit local...Western Union Band, Black Dog Bone.... the list goes on....when good music was played over the "air"...

Own many CDs including some of the above. With Youtube it's easier to locate the music there no need to go through the CD collection. Especially like to watch the old videos of the old bands. :smile:
Hard to believe that many of them are now in their 60's & 70's or dead:eek:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a pair of Monitor Audio Gold speakers . Also got them from Adelphi, from the store near the escalator right:confused:

I actually got them because I needed rear speakers. Was using them in a 7 speaker setup with my Yamaha A1.
A pair of GOLD Speakers cost over
$2,000, you got to be living in a landed property with this setup.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
huh ?...............still got people buy Monitor Audio meh ?

when the original owner sold the company donkey years ago................quality also jialat liao............

plus, locally got a lot of pirated MA speakers for more than 10 years liao............

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A pair of GOLD Speakers cost over
$2,000, you got to be living in a landed property with this setup.

My Jamo Speakers cost over $3,000+ but that was because I got 5 of them: 2 jamo 11s, 1 centre Jamo speaker & 2 smaller Jamo baby speakers. My Yamaha A1 was able to use 7 speakers for a surround effect.

A private property home does not always mean that it is a large place. You are probably thinking of a bungalow. There are also smaller terraces which are not much bigger than a HDB 5 room unit.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Jamo Speakers cost over $3,000+ but that was because I got 5 of them: 2 jamo 11s, 1 centre Jamo speaker & 2 smaller Jamo baby speakers. My Yamaha A1 was able to use 7 speakers for a surround effect.

A private property home does not always mean that it is a large place. You are probably thinking of a bungalow. There are also smaller terraces which are not much bigger than a HDB 5 room unit.

How big is your room? Do you use 1 sub or 2 sub with the 7 speakers?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How big is your room? Do you use 1 sub or 2 sub with the 7 speakers?

Regretfully I never got a sub. Was thinking about it but there just wasn't any room for it:(

Already had a single bed, a computer table, a study table, speakers, plus built-in closets. My HiFi equipment was sitting on my study table. Never measured my old room but it was long & narrow.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Regretfully I never got a sub. Was thinking about it but there just wasn't any room for it:(

Already had a single bed, a computer table, a study table, speakers, plus built-in closets. My HiFi equipment was sitting on my study table. Never measured my old room but it was long & narrow.

tell you how to get a BIG sub and not take up any extra space at all.........

buy one and then sit on it..............save space.........more rumbling...........minimum 12'' sub can get.......