• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG has "world-class" telecom infrastructure

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Straits Times
www.straitstimes.com
Published on Sep 25, 2014

[h=1]Start-up left in the lurch by service providers[/h][h=2][/h]

MY START-UP recently moved into a new office and signed up for telecommunications services with StarHub on July 9.
OpenNet conducted its first site survey on July 15. After that, it postponed the installation date from July 27 to Sept 26. My firm had to keep chasing OpenNet and StarHub, and was repeatedly given excuses for the failure to deliver the required services.
The final straw came when I found out that OpenNet had postponed the installation again, this time to Oct 31 - 16 weeks after my firm had signed up for the services.
My firm tried to cancel the contract, but was told there would be a cancellation fee, even though the services had not commenced.
At one point, StarHub offered a workaround that required us to pay for more services as a temporary measure, which was unsatisfactory to us.
Each time I contacted either OpenNet or StarHub, I had to repeat my story to call centre staff who had neither the authority nor the ability to help us. They would promise that someone who had the authority to make decisions would call us, but this never happened.
We contacted the Infocomm Development Authority, which told us it would work with both firms and give us an update. That was on Sept 12 and we have not heard from anyone since.

Jillian Kee Wan Keng (Ms)

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
this startup is doomed to fail. cannot solve simple problem and must write letter to complain. sinkified 100%.

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who does SH,ST Open net belong to, their fault is our fault, as long you sign up you can;t cancelled even is their fault.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this startup is doomed to fail. cannot solve simple problem and must write letter to complain. sinkified 100%.

How to solve a problem when there is oligopoly? All the telcos are sama sama useless. If there are foreign competitors, then clients can jump to them.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Start up must be tougher.
Instead of finding a solution to work around the problem, he writes to ST to get attention.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
World class transport infrastructure.

1287896_Nicoll_h.jpg

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe the start-up has some work around like using mobile phone tethering, etc.

The complaint is more about having the problem but the people not solving it.