• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local company ceo : The reason why i prefer to hire foreign talent over singaporean

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]LOCAL COMPANY CEO : THE REASON WHY I PREFER TO HIRE FOREIGN TALENT OVER SINGAPOREAN[/h]

<!-- /.block -->
<style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style>
Post date:
24 Sep 2014 - 5:17pm

<iframe src="http://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-0/html/container.html" style="display: none; visibility: hidden;"></iframe><ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear Singapore Government,
We are a small and fast growing company.
Currently, we have 20 full time team members in 2 countries, SG and MY.
Singapore is the corporate HQ.
We have almost 15 Singaporeans and PRs in our SG office.
We paid reasonably well, often above market rate including attractive bonuses and incentives.
We are in a centralised location with Newton MRT just stone throw away.
We have a fun culture and encourage our team to grow intellectually and financially.
We are blessed to have responsible team members with hardworking and positive attitude so far. Often we monitor, track, select and mentor them within our own network.
This post is to highlight that it is getting more challenging to attract quality local workforce over the years. The mindset of certain Singaporean especially the young ones are appalling.
At this point of writing, I, CEO of a company is waiting for a candidate who is late for 60 mins (without informing). Most of the times when they do turned up, they "demand" unrealistic expectation with very little results to show. In fact, it seems that these young Singaporeans find working in an environment for more than 2 years disgraceful. In another word, "job hopping", showing a lack of perseverance. Ironically, they dream about working 4 hours work week and yet becoming the next Mark Zuckerberg or Ma Yun.
I nearly flipped when one of them asked me about work life balance when she's only 24.
One asked what can the company do for her? It seems the world evolve around her.
Another one stared into the daze when asked about his vision and passion.
One shakes her head when asked whether it is ok to take on an expanded responsibility.
The attitude of local workforce worries me.
The young people in Singapore worries me.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

They lack of courage, hunger and fire in them.
It seems that they have been living in a cotton candy world called Singapore.
Is this the future of our country?
Can you blame company and entrepreneurs like us seeking foreign talents?
I'm concerned about our country competitiveness if this is the quality of our young generation.

182263_10150090852468722_1945575_n.jpg

Ken Chee
*Article first appeared on his FB page here.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Local company ceo : The reason why i prefer to hire foreign talent over singapore

I agree with him 100%. I have experienced exactly the same sort of sinkie attitudes first hand.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Local company ceo : The reason why i prefer to hire foreign talent over singapore

In fact, it seems that these young Singaporeans find working in an environment for more than 2 years disgraceful. In another word, "job hopping", showing a lack of perseverance.

This is because sinkee bosses won't pay up ...so, the only way to get more pay is to jump. This is so basic, yet Ken Chee the CEO doesn't know.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ken Chee can hire foreigners as long as he pays them higher than sinkees and pay CPF for them as well. His complaint is totally bs ...it is all about cheap foreigners than he can use as slaves.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

This is because sinkee bosses won't pay up ...so, the only way to get more pay is to jump. This is so basic, yet Ken Chee the CEO doesn't know.

Why should Singapore bosses pay an employee beyond their economic worth?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

let me tell u this,this is our country,our home,our lives,our families our friends,at the end of the day we only have one life and we answer for ourselves......if this guy doesnt like it,he and 2 million fts can jolly well fuck off and find someplace else to live.......this is our Singapore,we are building a home for us,not for 2 million fts....we are happy being who we are and a country of 27,000 gdp.....singaporeans can take care of themselves well enough we dont need u fuckers to come here and tell us anything.

if ur not happy with what Singapore is,u can jolly well fuck off and go be heroes someplace else and take ur entrepreneurial horsecrap with u......go to whatever country u want and be a superstar there!!!!SINGAPORE WILL ALWAYS BE FOR SINGAPOREANS!!!!!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Smells like a malaysian. Oh yes it does!

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

this CEO is suppose to be a financial guru?

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with you 100%, why should sinkapore govt pay it servants beyond their economic worth?

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with you 100%, you are not paying $2mil of course we don't bother. we got plenty of jia loew bee job paying $2.0mil job.

let me tell u this,this is our country,our home,our lives,our families our friends,at the end of the day we only have one life and we answer for ourselves......if this guy doesnt like it,he and 2 million fts can jolly well fuck off and find someplace else to live.......this is our Singapore,we are building a home for us,not for 2 million fts....we are happy being who we are and a country of 27,000 gdp.....singaporeans can take care of themselves well enough we dont need u fuckers to come here and tell us anything.

if ur not happy with what Singapore is,u can jolly well fuck off and go be heroes someplace else and take ur entrepreneurial horsecrap with u......go to whatever country u want and be a superstar there!!!!SINGAPORE WILL ALWAYS BE FOR SINGAPOREANS!!!!!

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal

this ken chee also look like a lan cheow kia who pay pple peanut and expect the moon

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well said. We as singapore bosses paid and still paying papees (our employees) beyond their economic worth (if there's any)?
might have to pay for disposal as no resale value for karang guni also.

I cannot emphasise enough how important it is to understand that in reality:

The nation have been providing welfare state benefits (juz because of one party rule system) to leeches aka papees leeching on the system. These leeches aka papees wasting nation's time and resources and etc every single second of the Mother Earth's day. By some unfortunate default, we as a nation have to put food on table and tonnes of $$$ for these leeches...

papees n cronies are lazy, picky and demanding. These leeches
who thinks that the nation owe them a living need to wake up their idea!!!!!!!!!

The country needs the government (employees of the public) to work for the country.
Can these leeches aka papees become self reliant? Get a job and be prepared to work hard
at least for once in a lifetime. Stop Leeching on the system.

one example:
MP Baey Yam Keng will be producing a play, titled The Cabinet, in July.

Despite a hectic schedule which includes a day job as a Account Director in Hill & Knowlton and his duties as a Member of Parliament, Baey still finds time to cater to his passion, theatre.

He has produced well-received productions, such as Want United People (Singapore Arts Festival 1998), Madam What's Next (Singapore Chinese Cultural Festival 2000) and Game Play (Huayi Festival 2007) with Singapore theatre company, The ETCeteras.

Click here to find out more!
Founded in 1996, The ETCeteras is the only Singapore theatre company that adheres to staging original works in the local arts scene.

The ETCeteras's 20th theatre production, The Cabinet, will run from July 21 to July 25 and July 28 to July 30, at The Chamber at The Arts House.

Produced by The ETCeteras in collaboration with The Arts House, The Cabinet is an original comedy about nagging obsessions and succession planning.

"This play may venture on grounds that people think are taboo areas in Singapore. The Cabinet does have an interesting premise. The audience can look forward to a cleverly witted script and a strong performance by some of the best actors in Singapore," said producer and founding president of The ETCeteras, Baey Yam Keng.

THIS IS PROOF OF THE FUNDAMENTAL BREACH...

THEY CLAIM THAT WE SHOULD PAY THEM HIGH AND OBSCENE PACKAGES IF NOT, THEY CAN MAKE SAME OR MORE IN PRIVATE SECTOR...

THEY THEN DECLARE IT AS "ALLOWANCES" AND WORK ONLY AS PART-TIME MPs
imagine how much jobs can be freed up and passed down to public if our PART-TIME MP COMMIT FULL TIME and stop hogging these appointments

having more than one appointment does not give one more than 24hrs a day...

so who did they neglect?
the taxpayers?
their own companies?
or the companies which they collecting directorship fees from?
it's a FUNDAMENTAL BREACH of their claim that they should be paid obscenely high packages as they might be getting it in private sector.
now they claim it as allowances, work as "PART-TIME MP" and still collecting $$$ all over the place...

UNIQUELY SINGAPORE???

FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

he is paying peanuts and expects to get more than monkeys. silly chap.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We are blessed to have responsible team members with hardworking and positive attitude so far .......

I nearly flipped when one of them asked me about work life balance when she's only 24.
One asked what can the company do for her? It seems the world evolve around her.
Another one stared into the daze when asked about his vision and passion.
One shakes her head when asked whether it is ok to take on an expanded responsibility.

WhyTheFuck is he complaining about his hard working and positive workers :confused::confused::confused:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

It seems this CEO is also expecting the employee's life to evolve around his company?

For most, a job is just a job. It is an option until they love the job enough to make it a career.

When that happens, you should observe your employee having sense of ownership on the task/project undertaken. These are the ones to retain.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Come, make a guess what this Malaysian is selling?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Mr Ken Chee without the Bye

You know who created such youngsters and why they became this way?

It's done by your idol LKY!

And continuing to create such 'monsters', the role are taken over by LKY admirers like you called cronies!

Well it it called retribution! Cos here you are a product of LKY creation but gets assed by the same creations done by his cronies!LoL

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Typical small-time towkay mentality: employees are to be ruthless exploited, minimum costs preferred. :rolleyes:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Typical small-time towkay mentality: employees are to be ruthless exploited, minimum costs preferred. :rolleyes:

Singapore SME are small time towkay.TH got fed up working with such small time Towkay too, leave them to fend for themselves. Plus suck their blood dry to bones and marrow.

Small time Towkay alwayss think that the employee must be hungry. Go where no one would go for him. But when it time for bonuses, it always the other way round.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

From what I have seen, I think he's one of those corporate trainers/motivational speakers specializing in subjects relating to investments and 'financial freedom' etc at wealth seminars. He is paid to talk, and give talks - that's how he earns his money. :wink: