• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another Sinkie (Mentally Unwell This Time) Getting MAXIMUM PUNISHMENT FROM PAP COURT

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rebecca Loh gets 10 years jail for culpable homicide in son’s death
by onlinecitizen
September 24
http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...ars-jail-for-culpable-homicide-in-sons-death/
rebeccaRebecca Loh Chui Lai, the 32-year old single mother who appeared in news last year for pushing her special needs son out a 5th floor window to his death, has been sentenced to 10 years in jail for culpable homicide not amounting to murder.

Loh had been remanded at the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) for psychiatric assessment and was found to be suffering from post-schizophrenic depression at the time of the incident. However, she was also found to be “not of unsound mind” and therefore could enter a plea.

Loh has a history of psychiatric conditions prior to the incident and was first seen at the IMH in 2006 with complaints of fearfulness, suspiciousness, poor sleep and inability to cope. Loh was then diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Her 9-year old son, Gabriel Loh, had been suffering from multiple medical conditions including liver impairments since young, which left him in need of 24-hour care.

Gabriel was malnourished, jaundiced and had osteoporosis and the medical fees were just too much for Ms Loh who survived off her elderly mother’s low income as she could not work because she needed to tend to her son every day.

The hearing at the High Court in July revealed that Loh, who was jobless, had been worried about providing for her son and thought that by injuring him she could get him taken away from her to a children’s home, where he could be better cared for.

On Jun 1, 2013, Loh placed her son on the window ledge where he tried to hold on to clothes poles. However, she pushed his hands away and he fell to the ground. Gabriel was found unconscious at the foot of the block below the kitchen window. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Loh was initially charged with murder but this was subsequently amended to culpable homicide which she pleaded guilty to in July after she was diagnosed as “fit to plead” by the IMH.

Under the Singapore Statues, if the act of homicide is done with the knowledge that it is likely to cause death, but without any intention to cause death, or to cause such bodily injury as is likely to cause death, the person shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 10 years, or with fine, or with caning, or with any combination of such punishments.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Another Sinkie (Mentally Unwell This Time) Getting MAXIMUM PUNISHMENT FROM PAP CO

Where is the social support? Did her MP help? Did the government agencies help? Did her grassroots leaders help?

No social net in SG. You die, your business!

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Another Sinkie (Mentally Unwell This Time) Getting MAXIMUM PUNISHMENT FROM PAP CO

This kinds of thing won't happen in angmo countries. Because they have welfare to help such needy people.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Where is the social support? Did her MP help? Did the government agencies help? Did her grassroots leaders help?

They were busy integrating with Yang Yin

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal

Targeted welfare is a failure in SGP! People dun have to die for such money problems in a country with the top 3 GDP in the world.

It is plain stupidity.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This kinds of thing won't happen in angmo countries. Because they have welfare to help such needy people.

I can confirm that in the 1st world they look after you. When I had an accident in Canada I was visited by someone from social welfare department:eek:

I was so surprised because as a Sporean it's you die is your own business:o The Canadian social welfare worker even apologised to me because she couldn't offer more help. I had no complaints because all my medical expenses was covered by their excellent health care system e.g. operation, hospital stay, physiotherapy,...

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where is that case, the naked wife of an angmo carry naked son into the sea off east coast.....judge say something like "know for certain an act case death but not....blah blah.

Remember the sentence was quite light....this case can use or not

Rebecca Loh gets 10 years jail for culpable homicide in son’s death
by onlinecitizen
September 24
http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...ars-jail-for-culpable-homicide-in-sons-death/
rebeccaRebecca Loh Chui Lai, the 32-year old single mother who appeared in news last year .................

The hearing at the High Court in July revealed that Loh, who was jobless, had been worried about providing for her son and thought that by injuring him she could get him taken away from her to a children’s home, where he could be better cared for.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I can confirm that in the 1st world they look after you. When I had an accident in Canada I was visited by someone from social welfare department:eek:

I was so surprised because as a Sporean it's you die is your own business:o The Canadian social welfare worker even apologised to me because she couldn't offer more help. I had no complaints because all my medical expenses was covered by their excellent health care system e.g. operation, hospital stay, physiotherapy,...

If you factor in the CPF and the various fees/fares/fines/levies, we actually pay more taxes than the Canuckers. And received very little in return. :wink:

Where does the money go to? Of course, it goes into the pockets of cronies and is used to purchase expensive military toys to be 'operationally ready'. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

To Pappies, welfare or social network is a dirty word.
They believe tat shld we adopt the Ang Moh system of caring it will bankrupt our reserve but its alright to lose billions in Termasick investments.

Last edited by a moderator:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

The shameful fact about Singapore is if this case were to occur in REALLY First World country, Ms Loh would be placed in a comfortable insitution to be cared for till her condition gets better despite what had happened.

Where here this is the sort of punishment you receivd from your system and what your kangaroo Court will do to those lesser mortal who are termed as peasants in the eyes of their rulers.