• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Swiss std of living: which of these have SG achieved?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No big deal ....it is easy to climb into first world if corruption is moderate.

compare the transformation of sg to that of penang in 50 years. no horse run. the so called skyline of penang has one prominent middle finger pointing at you when you arrive at the island. nothing has changed much. penang is pathetic.

image.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
compare the transformation of sg to that of penang in 50 years. no horse run. the so called skyline of penang has one prominent middle finger pointing at you when you arrive at the island. nothing has changed much. penang is pathetic.

View attachment 17275

Penang was governed by corrupt politicians lah. Per capita basis, there are more millionaires in Penang than in sinkapore (only sinkees ok, foreigners don't count).

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Swiss people are so self centered. Unlike Singapore, they are so successful yet they did not share their success and help the unemployed in Italy and Spain. Shame on you, Switzerland. Shameful indeed.

Italians and Spanish don't want to learn lah.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Penang was governed by corrupt politicians lah. Per capita basis, there are more millionaires in Penang than in sinkapore (only sinkees ok, foreigners don't count).

last thing you want is for sg to be run to the ground by a bunch of jiu hu kia cronies with a highly corrupt style of government. it's a lesser of two evils, and you have to thank your lucky stars for having the pap rule over you. :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
last thing you want is for sg to be run to the ground by a bunch of jiu hu kia cronies with a highly corrupt style of government. it's a lesser of two evils, and you have to thank your lucky stars for having the pap rule over you. :biggrin:

The PAP is now as corrupt as UMNO. You don't see it as corruption because it has been 'legalized' by the PAP....eg, paying themselves the highest salary for ministers ($1.5 million per year and $1 million annual pension), MP who doesn't show up for work gets office in Istana and two personal health worker/bodyguards, unelected politicians paid $250k jobs as 'grassroot' advisers when there are already elected MP helming the ward etc.

As the opposition gains strength, the PAP government gets greedier fearing that their days at the helm are numbered.

You should be cursing the PAP. Isn't the PAP the reason why you left?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should be cursing the PAP. Isn't the PAP the reason why you left?

i left not because of the pap, but because the pap had given me a huge leg up compared to the rest of the world in terms of education, a safe environment to grow up in, and opportunities for actualization of my life goals. for example, i aced all my tests and exams in college while my fellow american students struggled with basic concepts and understanding in physics 10a, not even 101. i joined the science and engineering mind trust in the bay area to get into cutting edge stuff once i fulfilled my bond obligations with the saf. and i must thank the saf and mindef for giving me all the opportunities to invent, innovate, and excel. they benefitted greatly from my contributions, and some of the concepts are adopted today on the world stage in social media, secure email, messaging and data encryption. it's a win-win for all. they will gladly open doors for me if i return for good, but thanks to the pap, i have enough to retire on. :biggrin: