• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB Upgrading Flats leh.......quality & workmanship okay or terrible ?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone ever got their flats upgraded by HDB..................?

the prices velly velly cheap................some upgrades are free............

don't expect the materials to be good or workmanship to be good...............but quality and workmanship acceptable or not ?

or will tiles pop up or crack...........etc etc...........after a few years, end up gotta spend extra money to get it redone ?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
poor quality and bad workmanship because they supposed to complete in 10 days. corners cut to meet deadline.

your personal experience ?

quite expected lah............now seems like even the supervisor is a Bangla...........no more Sinkie or M'sian

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
your personal experience ?

quite expected lah............now seems like even the supervisor is a Bangla...........no more Sinkie or M'sian

mix staff, bangla, indian(i found out bangla & indian not the same, when i ask why they speak english to each other), PRC, thai, m'sian, even got ang mo supervisor.

the ceiling after 6 mths crack, repair twice. 1st time just plaster with "very expensive" plaster. 2nd time complain to hdb then they hack and reapply chemical to the rebar. lots of problems but shld not bore u. just keep a eye because it can be very difficult to correct bad workmanship. good luck.

make sure u have spare tiles ready.

skcusanihc

Alfrescian
Loyal
mix staff, bangla, indian(i found out bangla & indian not the same, when i ask why they speak english to each other), PRC, thai, m'sian, even got ang mo supervisor.

the ceiling after 6 mths crack, repair twice. 1st time just plaster with "very expensive" plaster. 2nd time complain to hdb then they hack and reapply chemical to the rebar. lots of problems but shld not bore u. just keep a eye because it can be very difficult to correct bad workmanship. good luck.

make sure u have spare tiles ready.

cheap talents and shoddy materials will solve problems.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

don't expect the materials to be good or workmanship to be good...............but quality and workmanship acceptable or not ?

or will tiles pop up or crack...........etc etc...........after a few years, end up gotta spend extra money to get it redone ?

i got mine MUP near 15 years back.
the kitchen extension was still in good shape.
the new aluminum windows were still ok except some rivets had fell off.
the spaling concretes were control.
tiles get yellowish but still in good condition.
main sewage pipe got no leak except some choke

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i got mine MUP near 15 years back.
the kitchen extension was still in good shape.
the new aluminum windows were still ok except some rivets had fell off.
the spaling concretes were control.
tiles get yellowish but still in good condition.
main sewage pipe got no leak except some choke

then you lucky lah................or maybe they have better QC back then..........

my friend was velly velly frustrated with everything they did except the main door and gate...............his bathroom tiles biggest problem - the mortar? between the tiles on the floor came off...........so a lot of debris get stuck between the tiles.......also the tiles likely to pop out ?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Expected all material are Great Wall of China, material not made to last only for temporarily short term used...

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
then you lucky lah................or maybe they have better QC back then..........

my friend was velly velly frustrated with everything they did except the main door and gate...............his bathroom tiles biggest problem - the mortar? between the tiles on the floor came off...........so a lot of debris get stuck between the tiles.......also the tiles likely to pop out ?

ok for the tiles problem.
when they laid the concrete and tiles in the morning, the contractors will inform every units not to start bathing untill 12 midnite.the best is to dry until next morning.
some kancheong will start to use the bathroom at 12 am.
no doubt you will not forsee any problem in the first few years,but later on all the side effects surface.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok for the tiles problem.
when they laid the concrete and tiles in the morning, the contractors will inform every units not to start bathing untill 12 midnite.the best is to dry until next morning.
some kancheong will start to use the bathroom at 12 am.
no doubt you will not forsee any problem in the first few years,but later on all the side effects surface.

now they no longer use concrete................a neighbour told me the HDB people told her they use some kind of GLUE to stick the tiles to the floor !