• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Average household income SGD$10,500.00

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
How to take care of your own income when the government open the country to millions of foreigners who are willing to work for pittance? The government decides how much we earn. That's the reality.

The government controls the level of competition for jobs but not the outcome of your job search. Life's outcomes are determined by individuals based on choices they make in life and their attitudes towards adversity.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Life's outcomes are determined by individuals based on choices they make in life and their attitudes towards adversity.

So PAP need not be credited for any of your successes! You did it on your own! Are you an Ang Moh? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The government controls the level of competition for jobs but not the outcome of your job search. Life's outcomes are determined by individuals based on choices they make in life and their attitudes towards adversity.

u mean like meritocracy?

"the whole of our system is founded on a basic concept called meritocracy.you are where you are because ur the best man for the job and not because of ur connections or ur parents or ur relatives.And if anybody doubts that I as Prime Minister am here not because I'm the best man for the job but because my father fixed it, or that my wife runs Temasek because I put her there and not because she's the best woman for the job, then my entire credibility and moral authority is destroyed because I'm not fit to be where I am."-lee hsien loong

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
So PAP need not be credited for any of your successes! You did it on your own! Are you an Ang Moh? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The PAP is credited with creating a myriad of opportunities. I credit myself for putting in the effort to take full advantage of what was on offer. Many others did not. They are now driving taxis.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP is credited with creating a myriad of opportunities. I credit myself for putting in the effort to take full advantage of what was on offer. Many others did not. They are now driving taxis.

u mean PAP create opportunity for u to work as giggolo?so now ur retired and a full time seatless bike rider?

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

the government restricts the individual entrepreneur in so many ways. i can't hawk on the streets, i can't sublet spare rooms in my home for short term stay, i can't use my car as a private limo. these are all restrictions on my ability to survive and thrive outside of being a salaried employee.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
the government restricts the individual entrepreneur in so many ways. i can't hawk on the streets, i can't sublet spare rooms in my home for short term stay, i can't use my car as a private limo. these are all restrictions on my ability to survive and thrive outside of being a salaried employee.

All countries have their rules and regulations. The astute operator finds ways around the road blocks and takes the path of least resistance.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's pure hogwash ...it could be true for individuals but not for society. There are only x number of good paying jobs ...when government opens those jobs for foreigners, the number available for sinkees is substantially reduced. That's why many of those skilled workers end up driving taxis. In a situation where most sinkees could end up with well-paying jobs, the government gave those jobs to foreigners to keep wages low and thus threw thousands of sinkees into low paying jobs.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You live in lalaland. If you were in sinkapore, you would have ended up driving taxi too.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are totally illogical. You because some can be rich doesn't mean everyone can be rich. That's the fact of life. Does that mean those that are not rich cannot have decent living standards?

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
All countries have their rules and regulations. The astute operator finds ways around the road blocks and takes the path of least resistance.

some countries have more rules and regulations than others and pretend to be an open economy. the astute operator you speak of is the one willing to flout the rules and regulations and hence break the law.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
That's pure hogwash ...it could be true for individuals but not for society. There are only x number of good paying jobs ...when government opens those jobs for foreigners, the number available for sinkees is substantially reduced. That's why many of those skilled workers end up driving taxis. In a situation where most sinkees could end up with well-paying jobs, the government gave those jobs to foreigners to keep wages low and thus threw thousands of sinkees into low paying jobs.

Society is made up of individuals and it is up to each individual to make a success of their lives. If they fail they have to accept the responsibility for their failures. The government plays no part in individual outcomes.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Society is made up of individuals and it is up to each individual to make a success of their lives. If they fail they have to accept the responsibility for their failures. The government plays no part in individual outcomes.

That's totally ridiculous!! Of course government plays a big part in allowing FTs to come and work in Singapore. Going by your logic, might as well do away with government, country and immigration. Make the world one big country and may the best man/woman wins!!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Looks like you're giving them far too much credits. They set rules and regulations, not the opportunities :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm simply telling it the way I see it. Some people choose to focus on regulations. I prefer to look for positives.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Credit your cheebye lah. If the PAP created so much opportunities why did you have to move to Australia and New Zealand to make your money? hahahhahaha. u are so fake.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Credit your cheebye lah. If the PAP created so much opportunities why did you have to move to Australia and New Zealand to make your money? hahahhahaha. u are so fake.

I see nothing wrong with enjoying a bit of variety.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I see nothing wrong with enjoying a bit of variety.

So, when u cannot make it in singapore and have to run off to australia and New zealand, u call it opportunity. But when others like u cannot make it in singapore, u call them incompetent and losers. Well, u are the loser.