• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Price of Fruits in Sinkieland

CloneHunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been doing a lot of marketing lately... from wet markets to provision shops to supermarkets.

I cant help but notice that NTUC prices for fruits (and I say for fruits only) is the cheapest across the island.

For instance, you can get a big papaya for $2.80. Most places would have cost you 4 to 5 bucks.

No matter how you wanna curse NTUC which i do all the time...no other retailers can beat NTUC cheap prices for Fruits...(and i mean only Fruits).

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its mostly the cheap stuff from china......god knows how much insecticide and fertiliser is on those things......i rather go to cold storage and pick up some expensive apples and grapes from australia and new zealand.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been doing a lot of marketing lately... from wet markets to provision shops to supermarkets.

I cant help but notice that NTUC prices for fruits (and I say for fruits only) is the cheapest across the island.

For instance, you can get a big papaya for $2.80. Most places would have cost you 4 to 5 bucks.

No matter how you wanna curse NTUC which i do all the time...no other retailers can beat NTUC cheap prices for Fruits...(and i mean only Fruits).

Have to agree with this when compared to pasar malam fruits and foodcourt fruit juice is for elite price.

CloneHunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
its mostly the cheap stuff from china......god knows how much insecticide and fertiliser is on those things......i rather go to cold storage and pick up some expensive apples and grapes from australia and new zealand.

Mind u...NTUC does carry not only your malaysian unbranded pineapples but also branded S&W pineapples...on promotion...these S&W pineapples which as a caramel flavour in them naturally...is only 2 bucks for a big and fat one.

CloneHunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
got soursop or not?

And talking about Sousop...if you ever go to Old Airport Road Food centre...there is a fruit/fruit juice store ...supposedly previously from Botanical Gardens Food centre...you will see this guy on a motorised wheelchair who owns the store.

The story has it that he was so much in love with Soursop that he went to Malaysia to hunt for suppliers in the villages and plantations. Unfortunately while there...he was bitten by some insect and end up paralyzed from waist downwards...

....and dun mention soursop to him...he has ban the fruit in his store...

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Sydney most fruits are expensive however when there's offer damn!
It's cheap e.g. Naval orange 3 kgs Aud $1.99. U get about 14 oranges, strawberry 4 boxes
For $5.00. Broccoli $1.00/kilo. Centurion A-Z 50+ 120 capsules $12.99 in Sinkeeland $69.00!!!

But other things like gingers, shallot can cost $20.00/kilo whereas in Sinkeeland just a dollar!

Meal standard around Aud$9.00 to $12.00 but portion is large person to finish!

Food price is ok in Sinkeeland but portion and meat are ridiculous few pieces paper thin!

New cars are bloody cheap here cost Aud$27k get u a reasonably good car on the road, whereas
$60k in Sinkapoor get u a four years old car! With mechanical problems complementary.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Soursop is rare in Sinkieland. I remember when i was much much younger... soursop was abundant.

Now..i think it is a situation of too much demand too little supply.

I tend to see Soursop more consistently sold in Tekka Market.

Business like NTUC want to maximise profits that is why you are unlkely to find soursop. The larger produce distributors can provide better margins, credit terms, sales reps,..... What can a lone soursop farmer offer:confused:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Mangoes by P.A. is the freshest....only for "members" only, they are elitist fruits..better than those that is grown on a certain side of the mountain in India...ha ha ha ha

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Reckon sooner or later mangoes
Will be brought into the peekture
Seemingly phonics is all the rage
So here's a song about fruits of the land
If kindness is a banana it should be hard

[video=youtube;9NV9RRm3ano]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NV9RRm3ano[/video]

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Mangoes by P.A. is the freshest....only for "members" only, they are elitist fruits..better than those that is grown on a certain side of the mountain in India...ha ha ha ha

Talking about that much maligned fruit
Do you see some one in this video
Who reminds one of that juicy luscious feeling
Like all Lightning his performance
Was quite dismal and mediocre to put it mildly

[video=youtube;mVmDINcyJBY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVmDINcyJBY[/video]

CloneHunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Business like NTUC want to maximise profits that is why you are unlkely to find soursop. The larger produce distributors can provide better margins, credit terms, sales reps,..... What can a lone soursop farmer offer:confused:
you do get soursop in NtUC once ina long while.
i dun think it is profit reason etc...soursop is just seasonal and you really cant get it all year round.