• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Roy's legal case - Justice Lee S K heard the case today and has reserved judgment.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From Roy's FB page (today, about an hour ago):

Hello everyone, thank you everyone for your concern and keeping an eye on the case today!

Justice Lee Seiu Kin heard the case today and has reserved judgment.

I will be posting my written submissions on my blog later today.

There are two sets of submissions, one to explain that the real intent for my writing is to demand for transparency and accountability on how our CPF retirement funds are being used, and the second set which contain the constitutional argument.

Thank you for being here with me, and with us in our fight for transparency.

A special thanks to the 20+ family and friends who came to court to support today. I am very thankful for your presence.

Also, Roy Ngerng Yi Ling said:

Just to clarify, their lawyers applied for an injunction, but the judge has reserved judgment and will release in due course.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Roy's legal case - Justice Lee S K heard the case today and has reserved judgment

Hearing on application by PM Lee in defamation case against blogger Ngerng ends with judgment reserved

- Read more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...-application-pm-lee-hsie#sthash.zU1ONyzF.dpuf

BY THAM YUEN-C

SINGAPORE - A High Court hearing into an application by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong for a summary judgment in his defamation suit against blogger Roy Ngerng, concluded on Thursday with the judge reserving his judgment.

This means that Justice Lee Seiu Kin will make his decision known at a later date.

The closed-door hearing into the application started in the morning and lasted just over three hours.

Shortly after proceeding began in the chambers of Justice Lee, Mr Ngerng was granted permission to sit in on the hearing. This came after an application by his lawyer M. Ravi.

Mr Lee sued Mr Ngerng for defamation over a May 15 blog post, which alleged the misappropriation of Central Provident Fund (CPF) monies.

In the post, the blogger drew links between City Harvest Church leaders prosecuted for allegedly misusing $50 million of church funds, and what Mr Lee had allegedly done to CPF funds.

On July 10, Mr Lee applied to the High Court for a summary judgment, a process in which a plaintiff asks the court to rule in his favour without a trial. He said Mr Ngerng did not have a defence against defamation.

But Mr Ngerng countered, through court statements, that the Prime Minister's lawyers misunderstood his blog post when they took it to mean he was saying Mr Lee had misappropriated CPF funds.

On Thursday, Mr Ngerng was accompanied by his father, mother and older sister at the High Court. About 20 friends and supporters also turned up for the hearing that started at 10am.

Mr Lee is being represented by Senior Counsel Davinder Singh.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Roy's legal case - Justice Lee S K heard the case today and has reserved judgment

Such a coincidence that the Prince is travelling on official business. :rolleyes:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kangaroo waiting for instructions

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kangaroo waiting for instructions

Agree with you. That's why the Justice could not make his independent judgement and had to reserve his decision to a later date!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is the fate of Roy ngerg

[video=youtube;CJinWua98NA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJinWua98NA[/video]