• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone own a Segway?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it practical to own a Segway in Spore:confused:
I see it being sold on Amazon for only $1,900

Can I take it onto the trains? How long can I use one before it needs a re-charge?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read somewhere that the inventor of Segway, fell off a cliff on a Segway.....

QUOTE=johnny333;2004952]Is it practical to own a Segway in Spore:confused:

Can I take it onto the trains? How long can I use one before it needs a re-charge?[/QUOTE]

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't own a segway, but read up a little on it. On one charge, it can ride up to 24 miles (38 km).

Apparently, its speed can be set, up to 6 mph for beginners and 12 mph for standard. If I use it, I'll have to tweak it to go a little faster. Have fun.

I don't know about taking it on trains, but it'll be quite a task to get in on the elevators into the station.

Cheers!

Can I take it onto the trains? How long can I use one before it needs a re-charge?

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal

[/QUOTE]

A new segway battery is good for 40km. How long it charges. I have no idea. I dun think you need a train when you have a segway. You could feel you are flying much fun than bikes. I think it needs a number plate sooner or later. Ask LTA.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP means such thing is banned. you will not be able to use it.

In the west, new things are allowed, then they decide to approve or stop it later.
In PAP land, new things are automatically banned first until they decide to extend the ban or not.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

aiyoh..............bro, you got so old meh ?

if run out of power mah jialat................you need to push/pull the thing somemore.............

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get an electric scooter... faster also.. not those "little lamb" scooters, but electric push scooters that kids use.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyoh..............bro, you got so old meh ?

if run out of power mah jialat................you need to push/pull the thing somemore.............

I am seeing people in my neighbourhood getting around on electric scooters & bicycles. I think it would be useful for short trips to the market especially if you have things to carry. There is Segway model that is being used as a caddies on golf courses. If it can carry golf clubs then it should have no problems with groceries.

I don't expect them to stop increasing the cost of public transportation so maybe a Segway is a good investment.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get an electric scooter... faster also.. not those "little lamb" scooters, but electric push scooters that kids use.

I think that some pedestrians are intimidated by Scooters & it has an old person image. For me a segways has a more cool image.:smile:
The vertical form factor is also more practical if you have to fit one in a tight space e.g. elevators, trains,...

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Segway is probably harder to control competed to electric bicycle and normal road bike.

Movement is control by the handle on the Segway push forward it moved, pull back ward it stop.
Turning is normal like a bike..but it's rather heavy and bulky, MRT sure ban Segway?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Segway is probably harder to control competed to electric bicycle and normal road bike.

Movement is control by the handle on the Segway push forward it moved, pull back ward it stop.
Turning is normal like a bike..but it's rather heavy and bulky, MRT sure ban Segway?

Some people even manage to bring a shopping cart into the train:smile:

I've seen people with large prams on the trains & I mean large. Nowadays it is common to see people who need assistance to get around e.g. wheelchairs, scooters,... So why not a Segway:confused:
I think it's only a matter of time before such devices become common place.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a good idea....the inventor of segway killed himself driving his own creations. I see mostly yuppies using them on robertson quay.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

[/QUOTE]

Segway take lesser space than a baby pram, wheel chair and folding bike.... So aim sure MRT
Security will not stop u. Our.airport are using it .