• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rich sinkies are fleeing the country!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
elites_singapore_migrate.jpg

WSJ published an article on the statistic regarding high net worth Singaporeans planing to flee their native countries. Turns out that Singapore, the so call most prosperous country in the world has the 2nd highest percentage of elites planing to vote with the legs.

AI-CK763_CWEALT_D_20140914103906.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
because the Singaporean Dream has no Singaporeans in it......mostly soursop drinking jiu hu kias like Tonyfag and

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
First, You don't have to be rich to migrate. (Singapore MSM myth perpetuated to delude people into thinking they cannot migrate). However don't expect things to be easy if you don't have any money either. Even with money it still won't be easy.

Second, I left Singapore because Singapore is simply too small a country to bet my (and my children and grandchildren's) long term future on. There will be a limit to Singapore's success and it is already close to it.

Nothing to do with who the government is.

If you had to go out to sea for 50 years would you bet on a super high tech always transforming super yacht that can change the direction it sails anytime and adapt to the sea conditions accordingly, or would you choose an aircraft carrier that is slow to move and change direction but literally withstands almost all sea conditions just staying where it is?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
To the chinese, moving to the west is like a status symbol. Like a chinese girl having ang moh boy friend. Something to brag and feel proud of.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
this Lim Boon Hee going to lim kopi soon with ISD. dare to write such a negative article on sinkieland and directly question the PAP policies on NS and education. Ai see ah?Even worse than the Tan Pin Pin movie.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The rich don't "flee". They set up overseas bases to enrich their lives. Only the financially challenged buy a one way ticket.

One of the best aspects of being rich is that it buys mobility. They can be in Europe for Spring, UK in summer, USA in the Autumn and then back to Singapore at the onset of winter in the Northern hemisphere so that they can enjoy the festive season in Sinkieland.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singapore dream become singapore nightmare already with sai included.

I beg to differ. Singapore may not be everyones cup of tea but to call it a nightmare really is stretching to the truth.

This is a nightmare. He'll happily trade places with you.

slaviansk-ukraine.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To the chinese, moving to the west is like a status symbol. Like a chinese girl having ang moh boy friend. Something to brag and feel proud of.

I remember a colleague who was vocal about being a PAP supporter. Her attitude was understandable, she didn't have to serve NS & had no reservist obligations, protected by the women's charter, .....etc
She had studied in Aust & had a PR status there. Back then anyone who studied there could apply for PR. To remain a PR you only had to stay in Australia for a few months in a 5 year period.

The laws were changed & those who wanted to retain their PR status had to live in Australia 50% of a year. She immediately quit her job in Spore & moved back to Australia:biggrin:

Who can blame her:confused: Living in the 1st world is every Sporeans dream. She doesn't have to hook up with an angmo boyfriend since she is already living in a country of milk & honey:biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wish to share this.

I am not rich, just a working class bloke like most other people. Life in Singapore was comfortable for me - lots of friends, relatives, and hence connections. No political inclinations, no racial/ethnic or religious issues growing up either. I mixed freely with every creed and race. Life was blissful. Even NS was fun, yes, fun. Singapore is a very very safe country. People are law-abiding and society is orderly. I emigrated because it is crowded. Granted, almost every city/urban-centre is crowded, but within her borders, Singapore is really cramped-in and weekend activities aren't exactly pleasant. Apart from this, Peesai is livable, somewhat expensive too, but one can avoid the expensive venues.

Cheers!

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is interesting to note those people who had benefited from the system and had supported the system prefers to run road. Aren't we screwing ourselves and others?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
see, i am right again..

More well-informed Singaporeans ( i dun call them sinkies) are leaving and stay away from sinkieland...

they know that by avoiding sinkies, they will have a bright future ahead.. If their parents wanna stay in sinkieland and still sinkified themselves, let them be.. You know better.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is interesting to note those people who had benefited from the system and had supported the system prefers to run road. Aren't we screwing ourselves and others?

It is something that Sporeans have learned from the PAP. Look at the experiences of past elites like Devan Nair, Francis Seow, Toh Chin Chye,..

Devan Nair sued by LKY
Francis Seow jailed & had to run road
Toh Chin Chye is a marked man. So quick to be accused of drunk driving.