• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oversea Cheating Syndicate Roaming Freely in Singapore

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Affinity Yoga closes permanently

SINGAPORE — Affinity Yoga has issued a statement last night (Sept 16) that both of its outlets will be permanently closed.

A post on the company’s Facebook page said that the buyer, who was not named, had signed a Letter of Intent to buy over the company, but added that it would take “a few weeks to get the capital together and close the deal”.

Both the Valley Point and Telok Ayer premises were back in the hands of their landlords.

In the event that the deal to take over the business is closed, the post claimed that existing memberships would be still be valid under the new management.

While it said that the new buyer may be able to open again soon “with some luck”, the statement also went on to say “this is a long shot”.

Responses to the post have largely been negative, with members expressing disbelief at the closure, which had followed the abrupt suspension of classes about two weeks ago.

One commenter, Rose Salamia, posted on Facebook: “They planned it so well... Charge membership and run away suddenly.”

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the owner of affinity yoga, who is an american and who is also part of the syndicate that cheated millions from affinity yoga members.

http://www.secretwbusiness.com/2013/06/12/interview-with-entrepreneur-jeanne-chung/

she also cheated Singapore government money which is funded by PAP supporters and gongkia

How much funding did you need to start your own business and where did you find it? (loan, government funding, family, friend, personal savings, etc)

About S$200,000 // personal funds

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't know you could make $$$ from yoga:wink:

Also can make money like $40 million by just setting up a dance school. Next, join pappy grass root, rub shoulders with MIW like the PM in AMK, apply for PR permit and voila, just wait for the prey.

It is easy for foreigners to set up companies in sinkie land to carry on all kinds of business. The papees see them as foreign talent or entrepreneur but when they become scammers, no sound no picture from the papees.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also can make money like $40 million by just setting up a dance school. Next, join pappy grass root, rub shoulders with MIW like the PM in AMK, apply for PR permit and voila, just wait for the prey.

It is easy for foreigners to set up companies in sinkie land to carry on all kinds of business. The papees see them as foreign talent or entrepreneur but when they become scammers, no sound no picture from the papees.

Pattaya has a reputation of having crooks from all over the world. Sometimes you read about people being executed by hitman.

I suspect it is the same for Spore except you will not read it in the local press because it gets covered up.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pattaya has a reputation of having crooks from all over the world. Sometimes you read about people being executed by hitman.

I suspect it is the same for Spore except you will not read it in the local press because it gets covered up.

Are you refering to Diana Goh Li Fun?
The Singaporean who was sentenced to life imprisonment in Thailand for ordering the 2009 murder of a Canadian former model in Phuket was said to be a bubbly and kind person. And up to the day she was sentenced to jail, Diana Goh Li Fun was active on social networking site Facebook, posting pictures of herself with her daughter. -

She was accused of hiring four men to kill her business partner Mr Francis Alex Degioanni after they had a money dispute

See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest...tory20120322-335037.html#sthash.aE4spt4n.dpuf

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want to learn authentic yoga, find an Ah Neh guru teacher. Forget about these new age hippie 'certified' Asian or Ang Moh wannabes. :wink:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting...
http://www.secretwbusiness.com/2013/06/12/interview-with-entrepreneur-jeanne-chung/

Jeanne ChungJeanne Chung is American. Born in 1968, she has been an entrepreneur since November 2003. Her company is called Affinity Yoga, a boutique yoga studio & training centre.

How and when did you come up with your business idea?

Opening a studio came from my freelance yoga teaching … I just wanted to do more than teach. Opening it in Singapore came from a friend I met at a yoga training who later became my business partner

How much funding did you need to start your own business and where did you find it? (loan, government funding, family, friend, personal savings, etc)

About S$200,000 // personal funds

Why did you want to be an entrepreneur in the first place and how did you convince your family?

I was an investment banker before and had a lot of ambition … more than was being satisfied as a full-time yoga teacher

What has been your biggest failure or mistake as an entrepreneur?

Opening a third studio that was out of our core focus and with the wrong partner

How do you cope with the daily pressure and bring your life into balance?

Solve as many problems as possible so everyone can move on and so there is as little “carry over” as possible // it’s the sense of something hanging over you that impedes your ability to have space for yourself

What would be your top 3 advices to other women entrepreneurs out there?

If you are already thinking about quitting your job, do it! Be courageous.

What has been the biggest reward of having your own business?

Feeling like I’ve created something that has direct positive impact on people’s lives – people feel great even after one class

Name one female entrepreneur or female leader you are inspired by.

Cameron Brown, Yoga & Pilates Instructor and Teacher Trainer // built own studios, training company in AUS and NZ. To a lesser degree the woman that founded stripz/browhaus/forty hands coffee/tiong bahru baker here in Singapore.

In the comments section,

arran • a year ago

Hi Jeanne, I was wondering if you could help me? The lady you refer to "cameron brown" is well known to me but as nikki brown haustead; do you know how I can contact her as she owes me and my friends a lot of money? I know there are many different companies chasing her also and this is why she no longer represents any of them in sydney or new zealand because she got kicked out. Please help.

CL arran • 8 months ago

arron, if we are talking of the same Cameron, you can find her at Affinity Yoga, Singapore.

Arran CL • 8 months ago

Hi CL. Thank you very much. I have tried contacting the studio at Affinity many times but not had any luck! I believe she is now calling herself "Nicole". You might be able to help me though... Could you email my personal email address? [email protected]? Or please give me more details on here! Thank you very much!

Hmm, her role model is also a scammer and works for her?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you refering to Diana Goh Li Fun?
The Singaporean who was sentenced to life imprisonment in Thailand for ordering the 2009 murder of a Canadian former model in Phuket was said to be a bubbly and kind person. And up to the day she was sentenced to jail, Diana Goh Li Fun was active on social networking site Facebook, posting pictures of herself with her daughter. -

She was accused of hiring four men to kill her business partner Mr Francis Alex Degioanni after they had a money dispute

See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest...tory20120322-335037.html#sthash.aE4spt4n.dpuf

You need to hired guns for your business, if you work with such people.