• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Excuse me, are you familiar with Bukit Timah Road?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to take Green Bus No.3 to Jurong.... 3A goes to Nayang University. When the bus companies merged, the route was taken over by No 175 to Tuas. Those who trained at SAFTI should remember this. Do you remember?

Green+bus+Seddon.jpg

lianbeng remembers dangling dangerously at the entrance of sardine-packed SBS 175 buses to n from SAFTI while on course lah! :biggrin: by the time reached SAFTI my starched No. 3 became so crumpled kana many extra duties liao lah!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i remember no. 175. noisy, hot, strong diesel fumes, jerky, crowded with sleepy privates and cadets returning to safti on sunday night. all were very sian to go back to camp. :o

I was very happy to go back to camp. It was the best time of my life. Zero responsibility, fat allowance for doing nothing and a chance to fire all sorts of weapons FOC. My favorite was demolition exercises with det cord. I love playing with explosives. If Al-Qaeda had existed at the time, I would have joined.

ablekid

Alfrescian
Loyal
This bus stop is opposite Beauty world. later part an overhead bridge was built next to it.
The no 1 Green bus go to Johore.Opposite this bus stop a mr Tan (ah Tiang or Pon TaiHai ) a pineapple wholesaler, lot of pineapple came from
pontian.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
你好坏, 又想、要 charge people. dont pray pray Your soldier boy become BG leow, you have to call him SIR else he will charge you.

I was very happy to go back to camp. It was the best time of my life. Zero responsibility, fat allowance for doing nothing and a chance to fire all sorts of weapons FOC. My favorite was demolition exercises with det cord. I love playing with explosives. If Al-Qaeda had existed at the time, I would have joined.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This old lady and her daughter looks familiar, her name was Poi Chayn, daughter's name Ah Soi
They lived at Pylmouth Avenue she was like a lady lord of this place, now this place was previously occupied by Orchid Inn Hotel Last known as KLM quarters for Dutch sailors 5 storey building
With Bangali as guard or Jarkar!

Picture location Bukit Timah 7 milestone. Bus stop along a small long kang next to it was a Police station.
Behind police station was a CC. Where they show movies for 10cents admission open air!

In the early days there were many british living around the 7 milestone area. Also saw them in Hong Kong Park which is next to Binjai Park.

I remember seeing plenty of angmos hanging around the hostel that would later be turned into a Orchid Inn Hotel. KLM is an airlines & not a shipping company:smile: That location is a stones throw from what would become A&Ws drive-in restaurant. This is on 4 1/2milestone along Bukit Timah

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bukit Timah village was controlled by the Sio Kun Tong of the 18 Group. The headman was Chit-ko Beng. Bukit Panjang was similarly controlled by the Sio Kun 18 group..... The 18 group later morphed into the 369 gangs ...

3+6+9 = 18

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This old lady and her daughter looks familiar, her name was Poi Chayn, daughter's name Ah Soi
They lived at Pylmouth Avenue she was like a lady lord of this place, now this place was previously occupied by Orchid Inn Hotel Last known as KLM quarters for Dutch sailors 5 storey building
With Bangali as guard or Jarkar!

Picture location Bukit Timah 7 milestone. Bus stop along a small long kang next to it was a Police station.
Behind police station was a CC. Where they show movies for 10cents admission open air!

She was a chain smoker has got a pig farm in Hillcrest estate, today it's an expensive
Piece of gold mine if she still own it. Unfortunately not any more Ng Teng Fong swallowed up
The whole place.

ablekid

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this bus stop in the picture at 7 miles, there was this old man with a cork hat brokering piglets to
pig farmers from lim chu kang, chua chu kand ,jurong and Bukit panjang areas.one of his son is now one of the biggest florist and nursery in Singapore.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes.

The freshest Heineken beer can be found at itu kopishop at the start of Old Holland road off Bkt Timah. To complement your beer, do order the beef rendang from the Si-Gemok's nasi stall !:o

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the early days there were many british living around the 7 milestone area. Also saw them in Hong Kong Park which is next to Binjai Park.

I remember seeing plenty of angmos hanging around the hostel that would later be turned into a Orchid Inn Hotel. KLM is an airlines & not a shipping company:smile: That location is a stones throw from what would become A&Ws drive-in restaurant. This is on 4 1/2milestone along Bukit Timah

You sound like my old neighbour, A & W at the T junction of Kheam Hock Rd and Dunearn Rd,
Drive in next to the canal...when it's flooded hell gets loose...those bungalow houses were going $40k
Can't afford during that time, big money! At Trevose Crescent....

Our play ground was Beauty world kingside two cinema. Shaw brothers Tiong Wah and the other Nanyang cinema Chow Tin Rd...chengdol and ice Kachang was fantastic by the Hainanese man..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You sound like my old neighbour, A & W at the T junction of Kheam Hock Rd and Dunearn Rd,
Drive in next to the canal...when it's flooded hell gets loose...those bungalow houses were going $40k
Can't afford during that time, big money! At Trevose Crescent....

Our play ground was Beauty world kingside two cinema. Shaw brothers Tiong Wah and the other Nanyang cinema Chow Tin Rd...chengdol and ice Kachang was fantastic by the Hainanese man..

I was living around that area back then. I remember that there was a small kampong just behind the provision store which was next to an indian store along Trevose Cresent, between Narooma & Dalketh Rd. There was another provision store along Trevose Cresent. The owners had a VW van filled with provisions & he would visit the people in the neighbourhood with his provision store on wheels :smile:

As a child I remember seeing cattle herds walking alongside Dunearn Rd where A&W would one day be built.

Later on I stayed around the Beauty World area. The Bukit Timah is a great place to stay but inconvenient if you don't have a car. You also have to put up with the floods.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
there was an opium farm somewhere in Bt. Timah, hearsay owned by Brit.

Bukit Timah village was controlled by the Sio Kun Tong of the 18 Group. The headman was Chit-ko Beng. Bukit Panjang was similarly controlled by the Sio Kun 18 group..... The 18 group later morphed into the 369 gangs ...

3+6+9 = 18

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The most famous drug addict was one Kow- Kia Hong who punted large sums in the bukit timah turf club. His stature was something like Ah Long San .... But ah Long San was just a kid in those days ....

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was living around that area back then. I remember that there was a small kampong just behind the provision store which was next to an indian store along Trevose Cresent, between Narooma & Dalketh Rd. There was another provision store along Trevose Cresent. The owners had a VW van filled with provisions & he would visit the people in the neighbourhood with his provision store on wheels :smile:

As a child I remember seeing cattle herds walking alongside Dunearn Rd where A&W would one day be built.

Later on I stayed around the Beauty World area. The Bukit Timah is a great place to stay but inconvenient if you don't have a car. You also have to put up with the floods.

Confirm brother Johnny you could be our long lost brother, I stay at Trevose crescent between the Indian and the Chinese provision shop. We were poor back than neither am I very rich now... Just lived day to day..

Norma Rd, Dalkeith rd, Harlyn rd, sound familiar!

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes.

In the 60s, the sexiest lass at that time was the daughter of the provision shop owner at 6th Avenue.

Her name was Big Caroline, for obvious fruity reason.:o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Confirm brother Johnny you could be our long lost brother, I stay at Trevose crescent between the Indian and the Chinese provision shop. We were poor back than neither am I very rich now... Just lived day to day..

Norma Rd, Dalkeith rd, Harlyn rd, sound familiar!

Lived around the area but not at Trevose Cresent.

However used to know someone nicknamed "mango" who lived in the 1st house along Dalkath Rd. He used to attend Swiss Cottage. At that time it was located next to Whitely Secondary School, the location where the Spore Chinese Girl School is now located.