• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Excuse me, are you familiar with Bukit Timah Road?

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lived around the area but not at Trevose Cresent.

However used to know someone nicknamed "mango" who lived in the 1st house along Dalkath Rd. He used to attend Swiss Cottage. At that time it was located next to Whitely Secondary School, the location where the Spore Chinese Girl School is now located.

Yes. His sister's name was ''melon''. She attended Toh Tuck Secondary.:o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. His sister's name was ''melon''. She attended Toh Tuck Secondary.:o

Cannot be lah:smile:

In those days there were nearer neighbourhood schools like Whitely Sec Sch & Swiss Cottage. So why go all the way to Toh Tuck Sch which is nearer to the Beauty World area:confused:
Back then getting around Spore was difficult if you didn't have access to a car.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot be lah:smile:

In those days there were nearer neighbourhood schools like Whitely Sec Sch & Swiss Cottage. So why go all the way to Toh Tuck Sch which is nearer to the Beauty World area:confused:
Back then getting around Spore was difficult if you didn't have access to a car.

Yes Lah ! She cycles to school every day. Sometimes she tumpang me.:o

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lived around the area but not at Trevose Cresent.

However used to know someone nicknamed "mango" who lived in the 1st house along Dalkath Rd. He used to attend Swiss Cottage. At that time it was located next to Whitely Secondary School, the location where the Spore Chinese Girl School is now located.

Hi Johnny I am sure u know one athletic boy cycle a RALEIGH bike.
Dalkeith rd a girl by the name Bee Hoon we used to tease her.. Now her brother is my good cycling friend.

He used to drive a Mini Cooper in the kampong area very fast, we were frustrated by the way he drive, fast and furious !

I Know this guy called Mango sounds familiar!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Johnny I am sure u know one athletic boy cycle a RALEIGH bike.
Dalkeith rd a girl by the name Bee Hoon we used to tease her.. Now her brother is my good cycling friend.

He used to drive a Mini Cooper in the kampong area very fast, we were frustrated by the way he drive, fast and furious !

I Know this guy called Mango sounds familiar!

Got to know Mango because he was a school mate of my cousin who went to Swiss Cottage. Cousin was also staying nearby in that area.
Remember that Mango helped us when some of the Malay boys ganged up on us :o Nothing serious but that is why I kept my distance & never got to know more people there.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
flood%2Bat%2Brochor%2Bcanal%2B17051974b.jpg

Bukit Timah canal floods all the way to Rochore Canal..........

That guy in the trishaw looks like Gen. Kee-chew ..... but he was probably running around the house naked when this pic was taken......

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got to know Mango because he was a school mate of my cousin who went to Swissr Cottage. Cousin was also staying nearby in that area.
Remember that Mango helped us when some of the Malay boys ganged up on us :o Nothing serious but that is why I kept my distance & never got to know more people there.

Those days Malays boys feared me I was the aggressive guy, even the rich Indo Chinese who own Prima flour
Used to walk in front of my house would put his head down won't dare to look at me! Today he is a multi millionaire....

I used to call his sister tomboy true enough she married a HK girl in Sydney!
Inside Trevose Crescent Hainanese kampong those boys are my enemy, they don't like
Me. Cos Malays boys were under my control thou I am not those gangsters.

And I have no problem going any where like Beauty world, gangster there don't bother me.

Great childhood days!

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those days Malays boys feared me I was the aggressive guy, even the rich Indo Chinese who own Prima flour
Used to walk in front of my house would put his head down won't dare to look at me! Today he is a multi millionaire....

Inside Trevose Crescent Hainanese kampong those boys are my enemy, they don't like

And I have no problem going any where like Beauty world, gangster there don't bother me.

Great childhood days!

Wow. Did you know the big gangster at that time nicknamed Tashi ?:confused::o

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know those notorious Kheam Hock rd (tam bu long) gangsters, they
Are the tombstone engravers by day and gangsters by night .

I came to know them during pasar malam on Tuesday at Trevose Crescent
They nice and friendly towards me. One of the guy nick Ah Kow his father owner
Of the old zinc kampong, Indian shop and the Chinese provision...today the boss mati
Liao !!!! Nick Soon Seng!!!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I terror king in Bt Timah also. How come don't know you?

Great childhood days!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
newton-circus-1977.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, there was a great Fried Kway-Teow stall near this circus.......?

Yes it was located at a coffee shop after the Post Office which was located there. . Wanted to ask if anyone remembered it & where they moved to during past threads in past kwey tiaow threads. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Great childhood days!

I was too young to know about gangsters. Those Malay boys were just being bullies. I didn't know any of them. Was just there to visit the indian shop when they gave me & my cousin trouble. Wasn't even aware that there was a kampong in there:o

I do remember the tueday pasar malams. I remember the peanut cake it was only 10 cents & the 50 cent spicy mee siam:biggrin:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Popiah in front of my kampong house 20cts
The popiah has got crab meat inside value off money..

People fear me because I look fierce but inside me was a friendly person,
People who knows me till today are my long term friends...one of my cycling
Buddy till today we still meet and have lunch together !