• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Excuse me, are you familiar with Bukit Timah Road?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The location today (2008)

5062343069_7d7d2fa5ae.jpg

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
5038984803_abcbb1d893.jpg

The tiger looks like the same one as above, but the hunters are different...... why huh?

This pic includes hunting dogs and Malay trackers.....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The tiger looks like the same one as above, but the hunters are different...... why huh?

it was the same kill at the same spot for photo taking. everyone in the tracking party joined in this shot (no pun intended).

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I saw them doing 69 and produce harryly.

Bukit Timah hill is very forested, if you stand anywhere in the hill, you will be surrounded by trees and won't be able to see far. BTW, I was told there is a bigfoot or sasquatch type creature that inhabits the forests in the area called the Bukit Timah man, anyone seen it?

Cheers!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
5038984803_abcbb1d893.jpg

lianbeng replies: when they merge Jurong Bird Park with the Zoo to rebuild Mandai... :biggrin: more animals will come out roaming the streets lah!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
last_tiger_1930.gif

The last tiger was shot in 1930 in Choa Chu Kang.........

Murderous heathens! They probably ate the bloody cat thinking it will, cure them of some stupid disease which can easily be controlled if they had applied proper hygiene.

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok i am back from the past. Year : 1963

7_ms_bus_stop-2.jpg

This old lady and her daughter looks familiar, her name was Poi Chayn, daughter's name Ah Soi
They lived at Pylmouth Avenue she was like a lady lord of this place, now this place was previously occupied by Orchid Inn Hotel Last known as KLM quarters for Dutch sailors 5 storey building
With Bangali as guard or Jarkar!

Picture location Bukit Timah 7 milestone. Bus stop along a small long kang next to it was a Police station.
Behind police station was a CC. Where they show movies for 10cents admission open air!

Last edited:

ByTheWay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This old lady and her daughter looks familiar, her name was Poi Chayn, daughter's name Ah Soi
They lived at Pylmouth Avenue she was like a lady lord of this place, now this place was previously occupied by Orchid Inn Hotel Last known as KLM quarters for Dutch sailors 5 storey building
With Bangali as guard or Jarkar!

By the way both of them WhatApps me to say that it's Chu Tin road at bukit timah.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and i used to ride number 1 bus and kept seeing them waiting at the same bus stop. and no, they didn't ride number 1. :eek:

I used to take Green Bus No.3 to Jurong.... 3A goes to Nayang University. When the bus companies merged, the route was taken over by No 175 to Tuas. Those who trained at SAFTI should remember this. Do you remember?

Green+bus+Seddon.jpg

Also, can anyone remember Dr Wong from Wong Dispensary at Bukit Timah village? He served the residents of the whole area and was a member of the Public Service Commission

The open air theatre was actually situated inside the old Beauty World......

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to take Green Bus No.3 to Jurong.... 3A goes to Nayang University. When the bus companies merged, the route was taken over by No 175 to Tuas. Those who trained at SAFTI should remember this. Do you remember?

i remember no. 175. noisy, hot, strong diesel fumes, jerky, crowded with sleepy privates and cadets returning to safti on sunday night. all were very sian to go back to camp. :o