• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in King James time ...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible was translated into English (from Vulgate) during King James time. King James was a control freak dictator and messages were passed to others slipping between cracked walls, dustbins to hide from the King.

Are you living in the same conditions in Singapore?

Now you are blocked to see the forbidden char kuay tiao food Tan Pin Pin movie cannot tahan have to resort to go JB to watch it.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
King James are hard to read, NIV is much better modern and updated!

We need to move forward in time while retaining good traditional values!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
King James gathered group of scholars headed by Francis Bacon. Bacon engaged Shakespear to edit the Bible. All styles of writing in the Bible is similar to other Shake spear books. If no good at Shake spear hard to understand the Bible.

Shakespear was 46 years old when he edited the Bible. Go to Psalms 46:1 start from 1st word to 46th you find Shake. Count from last word of this Psalm, not include Selah, and back to 46th word you get spear.

1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.

46, 46, 46

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bible was translated into English (from Vulgate) during King James time. King James was a control freak dictator and messages were passed to others slipping between cracked walls, dustbins to hide from the King.

The King James Bible had to be produced because there was a bloody war between the Catholics and the Protestants.

King James I belonged to a new House. He ruled both England and Scotland. His mother was executed by the former regime. He needed to consolidate his power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_VI_and_I

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'Harder to read' is a lie from the pits of hell. You need to repent. :cool:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/NIV/why.htm

niv.jpg