• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The leave structure in public hospitals disadvantages local chinese nurses

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]THE LEAVE STRUCTURE IN PUBLIC HOSPITALS DISADVANTAGES LOCAL CHINESE NURSES[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
13 Sep 2014 - 9:01am

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear TRS,
I would like to share my views of why there are so few local nurses in our hospitals.

My spouse has been working with Changi General Hospital for 7 years. When it comes to applying leave, my spouse's leave slot is always given the last priority. For example, for the last 7 years, I have been waiting for a year whereby my spouse could celebrate the Christmas Eve and Christmas w our family but every single year, my spouse has to work. Reason is because the priority is given to the Filipino nurses. I am very puzzled by this action taken by CGH as Christians and Catholics do celebrate Christmas too. It is an important occasion to us.

Okay, that set aside, I was hoping that my spouse could at least spend the Chinese New Year with our family. Yet again, my spouse has to work even on Chinese New Year as the priority is given to the China nurses for them to fly back their hometown to celebrate with their love ones.

I do understand that when it comes to certain occasions like Hari Raya Haji and Deepavali, priority is given to the Muslim and Indians respectively. I am perfectly fine with it as Singapore is a multi-racial society and I certainly embraces this.

What about the local Chinese nurses then?

To make matter worse, leave slots are always granted in a week. So if my spouse just needs three days of leave, my spouse still need to go on leave for that whole week (Monday to Sunday).

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

I am a teacher teaching in a local school. Our holidays are always the peak period of the year. And more often than not, the leave slots that we wanted is not given as it has been taken up. So, we could not spend time together with our kids. Now, where is the work-life balance that the government has been emphasizing?

With such system in place, I doubt any local will ever want to work for the local hospitals as their own benefit is not even taken care of when all the priorities is given to the "foreign talents". I am utterly disappointed with the way Changi General Hospital handles the leave priority. And I can foresee that my spouse will definitely leave this place in due time when my spouse gets a better place/country that respects the local Chinese nurses.

AC
TRS Contributor

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe she should start celebrating deepavali instead.
Adapt to changes as what our leaders will state.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not just nurses. Most if not every company give leave priority to foreigners celebrating chinese new year. And these foreigners, including malaysians, will tell you they apply their leave half a year ago as if apply earlier means they have the first right.

Gotze

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans are truly becoming 3rd class citizens. Even kenna discriminated by the HR department which nowadays is stuffs with Pinoys who clearly in this example gave preference to their own kind.

Local Singaporeans must resign themselves to working all holidays to cover for their foreigner colleagues, as long as those foreigner HR personnel are in charge.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have already made tis comments here long time ago.

Under 1 party system don't work as you don't know PAP has discriminated theirs own voters and citizens. 60% keep voting PAP and who did she voted for?

Even m&d Chinese male get preference no NSF and masquerading as Singaporeans and bring their kiasu, kiasi, kia chnghu and kia huan kia attitude to Singapore.

Not just nurses. Most if not every company give leave priority to foreigners celebrating chinese new year. And these foreigners, including malaysians, will tell you they apply their leave half a year ago as if apply earlier means they have the first right.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe hospital hr manager is a ft trying to force her to leave.

Educate u guys a bit. Leave of nurses no need approval from HR dept. The nurses apply leave via their own nurse manager. In cgh, it those old nurses wearing blue nurse uniform. They are the person who plan their nurses working schedule and leaves. Want to get priority, must angka them lah.

As for getting off during holidays period, it the same in every industries. Christians want December holidays while jiuhu arseholes want cny. TS a teacher, the most protected employees in the civil service, school holidays mean choboolan. Many teachers also jiuhu arseholes.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe she should start celebrating deepavali instead.
Adapt to changes as what our leaders will state.
agree ... as ze writer stated himself, sinkielan is a multiracial society ... juz choose any occasion 2 celebrate ...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you have to negotiate and plea and beg for the simple act of leave application, you know you're working in a shitty environment.

Yes, NTUC the legit 'labour union' takes care of you. :rolleyes:

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Resign if you want...
leehsienloongpointingfingers_zpsefb36004.jpg

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
See how Singaporeans are the disadvantage lots. 60.1% keep voting the same shit people will never get their future bright.

Educate u guys a bit. Leave of nurses no need approval from HR dept. The nurses apply leave via their own nurse manager. In cgh, it those old nurses wearing blue nurse uniform. They are the person who plan their nurses working schedule and leaves. Want to get priority, must angka them lah.

As for getting off during holidays period, it the same in every industries. Christians want December holidays while jiuhu arseholes want cny. TS a teacher, the most protected employees in the civil service, school holidays mean choboolan. Many teachers also jiuhu arseholes.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then again nursing is like doing guard duty in a SAF camp, you have to rotate shifts and take turns to do your duty. You can't just leave the hospitals 'unguarded'.