• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RIP to the boy at Tampines...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]42YR OLD MOTHER TO BE CHARGED WITH MURDER OF 7 YEAR OLD FOUND DEAD IN TAMPINES[/h]
Post date:
14 Sep 2014 - 2:47pm

A 42 year old woman has been arrested and will be charged with the murder of the 7 year old special needs boy who was found at the foot of a block in Tampines yesterday afternoon.
The woman is the mother of the young boy and she is expected to be charged in court tomorrow.
A neighbour explained that the young boy was autistic and he attended a special needs school. He described the family as “very private”.
The boy was found lying face down in a pool of blood at the foot of block 815 in Tampines avenue 4. His injuries were consistent with that of a fall from a height.
He lived with his family, which consists of his parents, grandmother and 12 year old brother in a five room flat on the ninth floor.
Is this another case of a mother acting out of desperation, similar to Rebecca Loh, the mother forced in desperation to push her 9 year old special needs son to his death?
In Singapore, there is very little support for families who fall through the cracks. When children are born with disabilities, it is very difficult for their parents to get adequate support and this can put a lot of financial pressure on the families in Singapore where stress levels are alraedy very high.

In other developed nations, people wil disabilities can receive sufficient welfare payments from the government so the burden of raising a special needs child is not so heavy.
Is it time for Singapore to introduce more support for the disabled?

The mother must be too stressed out. There should be more help from the govt to take care of disabled and sick children. Some can't even talk, bathe, eat and dress themselves. Recently I watched one repeat show about an elderly couple taking care of their sick 26 or 27 year old daughter, who has become spastic and/or epileptic due to brain infection at age 21. So difficult to look after and they are ageing and incurred debts. No help from govt for such cases. Shame on PAP.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The mother must be too stressed out. There should be more help from the govt to take care of disabled and sick children. Some can't even talk, bathe, eat and dress themselves. Recently I watched one repeat show about an elderly couple taking care of their sick 26 or 27 year old daughter, who has become spastic and/or epileptic due to brain infection at age 21. So difficult to look after and they are ageing and incurred debts. No help from govt for such cases. Shame on PAP.

There are "spastic" 60% out there...passing the 50 years mark soon, Leading the pack is one 91 years old fart....so go figure....Help?? ha ha ha, ask the head of the pack...

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
read from the news boy was autistic and mother probably went bonkers after taking care of him for 7 years. RIP...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The mother must be too stressed out. There should be more help from the govt to take care of disabled and sick children. Some can't even talk, bathe, eat and dress themselves.

My dog can't talk, bathe and dress himself either. He depends on me 100% for all the necessities and care of day to day life. However, I don't throw my dog over a balcony just because he can't tie his own shoelaces. I devote time and attention instead so that he can enjoy life to the fullest.

The mother is a disgrace.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My dog can't talk, bathe and dress himself either. He depends on me 100% for all the necessities and care of day to day life. However, I don't throw my dog over a balcony just because he can't tie his own shoelaces. I devote time and attention instead so that he can enjoy life to the fullest.

Sam, a healthy dog is different from a permanently unhealthy and sick/ disabled dog.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what a waste! sinkies are definitely killing their best and brightest. lurking inside a kid with autistic symptoms is a genius ready to break out at an older age. this is a reason why sinkies don't nurture and raise nobel laureates. they kill them at the slightest inconvenience. this has absolutely nothing to do with the pap. :rolleyes:

http://www.newstatesman.com/society/2010/11/dirac-autism-autistic

http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/1021663/genius-of-autism-awards

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...y-genius-iq-higher-einstein-article-1.1340923

http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/10/what-child-prodigies-and-autistic-people-have-in-common/

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/252637.php

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not talking about just autism. Did you see in this thread also the killed 7 yr old?

disability is no excuse for murder. if a sinkie mother or father thinks a kid is too abnormal with childhood disabilities that will burn them financially and emotionally, and worries about the kid's happiness and future, they compare themselves excessively with other families' so called "normal" lifestyle, lack understanding of their gift and blessing as guardians of a child who may be a prodigy, are not looking at the bigger picture for all of humankind, that one day this child of today's current definition of disability may be inhibited by this so called disability but find new innate abilities to become the inventor of faster than light speed space travel and or discoverer of the origin and future direction of the universe. in every child there's a chance of prodigy or genius (higher chances among autistic and so called "retarded" children), and all (not just the pap and governments) have the responsibility to find the 0.0000000001% that will save the 99.99999999% from indisputable and inevitable extinction of earth and every living thing on it.

Last edited:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
disability is no excuse for murder. if a sinkie mother or father thinks a kid is too abnormal with childhood disabilities that will burn them financially and emotionally, and worries about the kid's happiness and future, they compare themselves excessively with other families' so called "normal" lifestyle, lack understanding of their gift and blessing as guardians of a child who may be a prodigy, are not looking at the bigger picture for all of humankind, that one day this child of today's current definition of disability may be inhibited by this so called disability but find new innate abilities to become the inventor of faster than light speed space travel and or discoverer of the origin and future direction of the universe. in every child there's a chance of prodigy or genius (higher chances among autistic and so called "retarded" children), and all (not just the pap and governments) have the responsibility to find the 0.0000000001% that will save the 99.99999999% from indisputable and inevitable extinction of earth and every living thing on it.

I do not support murder regardless of the circumstances. Neither do I talk shit that things are easy for them. Not everyone is mentally and financially strong enough to care for an "abnormal" child. Have some empathy on these people.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sam, a healthy dog is different from a permanently unhealthy and sick/ disabled dog.

I've nursed a dog through 3 years of incontinence and paralysis. He couldn't move his back legs and lost all control of his body functions. An hour or more a day was spent cleaning up all the poop and urine that he left behind wherever he slept.

I contemplated euthanasia but the fact that he still enjoyed his daily drives to the cafes and the seaside convinced me that it would not be the right thing to do.

Another dog I had required daily insulin injections for 18 months till she finally succumbed to the inevitable.

If you love something, these responsibilities are but minor inconveniences.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

The kid could have been an autistic savant. Now we will never know.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You don't throw your dog over a balcony because since day one, you know that your dog can't talk and can't tie shoelace. You took in the dog with full knowledge that it can't do all that. You also know that other dogs are the same.

The situation is different for this mother. She didn't expect to give birth to a child that can't do or understand basic things. She may not know where to seek help. Even if she managed to get some professional advice, she may not have the resources or financial support or understanding to provide 24/7 continuous attention for such a child.

A mother should love her child. Talk is easy but execution is a different matter. A friend who was lucky to be posted to US when his child was born and is autistic. Over there there are family support groups where his wife joined to help her child. They also have the wealth for the wife to devolve 100% attention to the child. Early intervention and unbelievable patience is key to bringing up a autistic child successfully. She told me that she had to repeat everyday to him to remain seated in class until he was about 13 years old. That is just one item. There are many many more basic behaviors that she had to remind him everyday even till now.

I can fully understand the action of that mother. In a moment of desperation she might be misguided by the frustration that ending his live is the best love she can give him because he would not be able to take care of himself when she is gone. Even my friend who has managed to bring his autistic kid up through normal education is worried of his future when they are gone. Spend sometime working with autistic kids instead of just reading fairytale write ups and we will have better understanding for the caregiver instead of simply blaming her for taking the easy way out.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You've obviously never taken care of a human child before. How can compare to dog? :*::*:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgive her as she didn't know what she did during her fit of anger. Her pains for the lost of her child is much more than our regrets for what she did.