• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie UPGRADER joins BAIDU to help create Commander Data

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why not stay in NUS and be fixed
If say something Mai Hum and cronies don't like
That would have been much safer
Got "free" estate upgrading every few years some more
Baidu is not suitable for investing
At present moment double top with bearish divergence

Little known outside China, the Chinese search engine Baidu scored a coup earlier this year when it hired Andrew Ng to be chief scientist and open a new artificial intelligence lab in Silicon Valley. Ng, a Stanford computer science professor who headed the Google Brain AI project and then cofounded the online education startup Coursera, is the foundation for Baidu’s plan to transform itself into a global power.

Q: How did you get interested in artificial intelligence?
A: I just thought making machines intelligent was the coolest thing you could do. I had a summer internship in AI in high school, writing neural networks at National University of Singapore–early versions of deep learning algorithms. I thought it was amazing you could write software that would learn by itself and make predictions.

If we can make computers more intelligent–and I want to be careful of AI hype–and understand the world and the environment better, it can make life so much better for many of us. Just as the Industrial Revolution freed up a lot of humanity from physical drudgery, I think AI has the potential to free up humanity from a lot of the mental drudgery.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...-founder-andrew-ngs-plans-to-transform-baidu/

Ng was born in the UK in 1976. His parents were both Singaporeans. He spent time in Hong Kong and Singapore and later graduated from Raffles Institution in Singapore as the class of 1992 to receive his undergraduate degree in computer science from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as the class of 1997. Then, he attained his master's degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts as the class of 1998 and received his PhD from University of California, Berkeley in 2002. He started working at Stanford University during that year; he currently lives in Palo Alto, California.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Ng

Sinkieland will remain stuck in Third World mentality
As long as continue to be ruled by tyrannical Lightning

[video=youtube;OouZW_A_M_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OouZW_A_M_0[/video]

Last edited: