• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I applied to more than 100 jobs in jobsbank and only got 2 job interviews

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]I APPLIED TO MORE THAN 100 JOBS IN JOBSBANK AND ONLY GOT 2 JOB INTERVIEWS[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
11 Sep 2014 - 9:14pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

<above pic: the list of applications I made to the jobsbank>
Dear The Real Singapore,
I refer to Gerald Giam's fielding a question to Tan Chuan Jin on the Number of Vacancies Taken by Singaporeans in JobsBank. (http://therealsingapore.com/content/gerald-giam-vacancies-jobs-bank-taken-singaporeans)

Tan Chuan Jin said that he doesn't have the statistics of how many Singaporeans managed to find jobs in the Jobsbank as employers could have advertised on other portals and Jobsbank doesn't have the function to track the number of successful candidates.

I am not sure if I am the only one but I have used the Jobsbank since the soft launch in mid-July.

I have been diligently doing my homework of submitting my jobs on a daily basis or once every 2 days. To be kiasu enough, I also know that some organisations advertise on their companies' job portal and went directly and apply it the second time.

So far, I was only shortlisted for 2 job interviews that did not materialise into a job offer.
One of them was Parkway Group. (Click on the attached picture)

For those who don't know, Parkway Group has a notorious reputation for hiring foreigners, especially Pinoys because they are more willing to work shits, overtime to send more money home.

When I went for the job interview, the manager candidly told me that I would be replacing a Pinoy who will be going home after working in Singapore for 5 years. To impress the manager, I told him that I am more than ready to work shifts and on weekends and willing to benchmark my salary low to S$2500 per month. (Coz I got inside information that Parkway can only offer around S$2500 per month.... so who the fuck ever said graduates earn median salary of $3050?!)

Obviously, I didn't get the job, or else, I wouldn't be complaining on TRS.

A month later, I approached Recruit Express agency (the headhunter for Parkway Holdings) and the lady told me that Parkway is urgently looking for people again and told me that I must be prepared to work shifts.

When she sent my CV over, the Parkway people once again rejected me and said they have received my profile before.

A few weeks ago, I blogged about a subject called "Tight Labour Market or Just Addicted to Cheap Labour?" (http://therealsingapore.com/content/tight-labour-market-or-just-addicted-cheap-labour)

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Employers like Parkway Holdings need to cut off their addiction to Pinoys and start adjusting their mindset to hiring Singaporeans again. Breaking addiction is like going on a crash diet. It is never easy to go on a diet after eating 2 bowls of rice.

May I know if any TRS netizens have similar encounters with the JobsBank?

Our Paper General Tan Chuan Jin is clueless about the success of his pet project JobsBank. Now is the time to feedback as I believe he is reading TRS as well.

CJ
TRS contributor

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear CJ

What makes you think the Minister reads TRS?

Even if he does, what can he do? He is nothing but an obedient servant of Pinky and Pinky's pro FT policies......

Nothing will change until we have a new PM........

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear CJ

what makes you think the Minister reads TRS?

even if he does, can he do anything about your plight? He is after all, a servant to Pinky and Pinky's pro FT policies.

Nothing can change unless/until we have a new PM

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks to the incompetent PAP... and to all ball-less sinkies..

too ball-less to throw out incompetent govt.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If I give up my sg citizenship and go back as Australian, would it be easier to get a job?

You ask him for fuck? He is not even an Aussie

Ask him about the job eituation in KL or JB lah.

Oh I forgot, jf it is really so so, he wouldn't be taking refuge in Singapore.