• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No SG Qualified for this $2500 PM Job That Pinoy Got?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]I SAW A FILIPINO LADY EXCITED TO GET A $2480 JOB IN SINGAPORE[/h]
Post date:
11 Sep 2014 - 3:53pm

I was on the bus on the way to work one evening for my night duty. the bus came from changi airport en route to bishan interchange and was pretty crowded. i had to stand for quite a distance. i was in a position where i was looking over the shoulders of 2 Filipino women in their early thirties.
They were yakking quite excitedly and their conversation quickened in speed as one of them took out her folder, and began to read what appeared to be an employment contract. i could not ignore looking at it as they were yakking louder and louder in excitement, i presume about the contents of the employment contract.
i had a quick glanced at the letter she was holding up as it was just a few feet away from me. in it, i noticed that the letterhead read “THE ****** – Duty Free” (Ed: name of company masked out for privacy reason) and that the monthly salary offered was S$2480 (Ed: she will likely be hired on S-Pass) and work hours was 44 hours per week.
i immediately felt sick to my stomach.
i knew why this “talent” had that job.
i knew why she is going to take home 2480 Singapore dollars every month.
i knew why she is going to have a better life here in my country.
i knew why a Singaporean somewhere was denied this job.
i knew i was helpless in doing anything about it – for now.
i knew i could not stop it – for now.
i knew what had to be done when i walk into that voting booth.
i knew who was to be blamed for this.
i knew i had to put an end this dominance over us.
i knew this madness had to stop and i had had to take back my country.

That Filipino woman’s mission was accomplished. my mission as a Singaporean had just begun…

Phoenix

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]I SAW A FILIPINO LADY EXCITED TO GET A $2480 JOB IN SINGAPORE[/h]
Post date:
11 Sep 2014 - 3:53pm

I was on the bus on the way to work one evening for my night duty. the bus came from changi airport en route to bishan interchange and was pretty crowded. i had to stand for quite a distance. i was in a position where i was looking over the shoulders of 2 Filipino women in their early thirties.
They were yakking quite excitedly and their conversation quickened in speed as one of them took out her folder, and began to read what appeared to be an employment contract. i could not ignore looking at it as they were yakking louder and louder in excitement, i presume about the contents of the employment contract.
i had a quick glanced at the letter she was holding up as it was just a few feet away from me. in it, i noticed that the letterhead read “THE ****** – Duty Free” (Ed: name of company masked out for privacy reason) and that the monthly salary offered was S$2480 (Ed: she will likely be hired on S-Pass) and work hours was 44 hours per week.
i immediately felt sick to my stomach.
i knew why this “talent” had that job.
i knew why she is going to take home 2480 Singapore dollars every month.
i knew why she is going to have a better life here in my country.
i knew why a Singaporean somewhere was denied this job.
i knew i was helpless in doing anything about it – for now.
i knew i could not stop it – for now.

That Filipino woman’s mission was accomplished. my mission as a Singaporean had just begun…

Phoenix

What's the matter?

Is $2480 too much or too little? I'm sure our fresh grad get much more than $2500 :rolleyes:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are not alone with the same feeling on coming polling day in GE2016. Foreigners taking away jobs in the country while locals remain jobless and with families to feed and bills to pay. Foreigners take the monthly pay and send it back home to feed their families and pay their bills.

What kind of country is sinkie land now?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's the matter?

Is $2480 too much or too little? I'm sure our fresh grad get much more than $2500 :rolleyes:

And there's no need to work such long hours and/or burn weekends. :wink:

You keep voting for PAP, this is what you're going to get. Artificially depressed wages and the letting in of foreigners who're only too eager to pick up the scraps (they remit back home most of what they earn anyway). :cool:

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not alone with the same feeling on coming polling day in GE2016. Foreigners taking away jobs in the country while locals remain jobless and with families to feed and bills to pay. Foreigners take the monthly pay and send it back home to feed their families and pay their bills.

What kind of country is sinkie land now?

The problem here is that sg is still a confused country as to what it's mother tongue is...English? Chinese? If it's English than all ft coming in to work must be able to pass our o levels English test and if it's Chinese than then olevels Chinese...this is relevant because when we go australia to work we have to take the ielts and pass a certain score...and quit giving the excuses that monolingual will kill a country...than all English speaking countries would have gone to hell

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans will not do extra hours lah.

Will demand higher salary.
::rolleyes:

I believe you.

9673-225x225-Truesingapore.jpg

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I first graduated, my pay not even 2.5k considering the amount of money my parents put in to put me through education. Now, how much is the cost of 3rd world education to come sg to earn this amount?

No wonder pap doesn't want us to study so much and waste money since these jobs will go to foreign trash.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
duty-free shops need to work night shifts.................once you hit mid-30's......night shifts will kill you............

seen too many cops in their 40's working night shifts ..............they look like in their 50's..............

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
duty-free shops need to work night shifts.................once you hit mid-30's......night shifts will kill you............

seen too many cops in their 40's working night shifts ..............they look like in their 50's..............

What's your definition of night shift?
If until 10-11pm it won't age you fast right? Start work late, wake up also later.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't worry some PAP elite dog will come out and tell you sinkies are shit for losing out jobs to immigrants that cannot speak English and do not even know the ways of a first world country.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Service line very easy to get this salary. Many sinkies are not as physically fit as pinoys. English also terrible. Attitude also terrible. Face also look terrible. Local sinkies work a little complain leg pain already.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Service line very easy to get this salary. Many sinkies are not as physically fit as pinoys. English also terrible. Attitude also terrible. Face also look terrible. Local sinkies work a little complain leg pain already.

Or it could be that the (retail) service sector is a dead-end job with ungodly hours, and there are better alternatives even as a temp.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
What's your definition of night shift?
If until 10-11pm it won't age you fast right? Start work late, wake up also later.

But our body's circadian rhythm does not work in that manner. Our biological clock in our cells are governed by sunlight. Even if you had 8 hours, you will still feel bad.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her work 44 hrs is quite standard for sg job. My last job in sg also around there. Not taking into consideration the extra hours put in.

44 hours include lunch and dinner time or excluding lunch and dinner time?
My company exclude lunch and dinner{44hrs/week} so basically you work
11 hours per day x 5 day/week =55 hours/week!

See how employers can exploit workers in Sickapoor!