• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PSLE Maths question:...

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
PSLE Maths (?algebra?) question:...

Just watched talking point (1st telecast 10th Sept 2014).

I paraphrase but QN is same:

Farmer brown has ducks to chickens in the ratio of 9:5.

His friend gives him 20ducks and 22chickens.

If U divide the birds into groups of 7 fowl each, there are 4 ducks in each group (I.e. the other 3 birds are chickens).

What was the ORIGINAL NUMBER of ducks and chickens farmer brown had to begin with???!!!

I think the answer for chickens is the last 2 numbers that pope John Paul ll was born.
The answer for ducks is the last 2 digits of the year John McCain was born in...

(Haf not finished watching recorded episode so do not know if my answer is correct)...
Didn't know pr6 must know algebra... anyone can explain how to solve WITHOUT using algebra???!!!

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's easy, but the language will floor a psle student who does not know what 'fowl' means.

Most of the questions are tough not because the problem is tough, but whoever asking the question needs
to go for language lessons.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's easy, but the language will floor a psle student who does not know what 'fowl' means.

Most of the questions are tough not because the problem is tough, but whoever asking the question needs
to go for language lessons.
QN only said 'group'. Fowl was my representation...

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone in another thread said that birds are evolved dinosaurs.....so if we use dinosaurs instead of birds, the students would have at least learnt some ancient history......instead of solving a maths problem they will never use in real life.