• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

reminicsing HILL ST and ellenborough st hawker centres.....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have retired. The scar woman became a part-time beautician.:o

I am reminded of an old TV series, "There are 8 million stories in the Naked city & this is one of them" :smile:

[video=youtube;r0aoVkdeYqw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0aoVkdeYqw[/video]

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
culling of reputable hc didn't stop and QUEENSTOWN HC ended up dead

for those who still remember that there was TAI CHONG , a neighbourhood supermart in the early days at margaret drive. it was like a dome shaped 2storeys building. on the upper floor was GOLDEN CROWN restaurant which served the best virgin chicken (tong zi ji) i ever tasted. of course, they were among the pioneers which served dimsum on a trolley.

ground floor was the supermart TAI CHONG. just around the exteriror skirt was hawkers selling one of more popular bak kut teh and soy sauce braised duck noodle, wanton mee, and the very famous handmade popiah and etc with an interior wet market .

the gahmen demolished it and let it rot for so many years without a clue what that place was intended for.

now in the end, dunno what got into them, this tai chong building , of all things, was converted into a museum for queenstown.

WTF!! demolished and then clueless what to do and finally turned it into a museum :confused::confused::confused::*:

those idiots are really joking thinking ppl would really visit such boring mundane place!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: culling of reputable hc didn't stop and QUEENSTOWN HC ended up dead

i miss the $1 popiah there and those handmade soft and moist popiah skin.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more they demolish...the more prices go up...

This Papaya garment is good for! Most food stall are replaced by Chinaman selling Marla!
Just go and hv a look at bloody China town at Peoples Park! Our local traditional is slowly disappearing!

Our great respect to Penang where they hold their tradition by not allowing Foreign Trash
To operate as hawkers! This what I called caring gahman!
! Pay and Pay are corrupting Foreign trash!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
usually when i see chinaman hawking the stall, i siam. but one that really makes me going back again was the beef noodle located at one corner of peoples' park complex hc.

his beef noodle sells for only $4. the amount of meat and noodle he gives is really alot. maybe he thinks sgporeans eat as much as chinamen back home. anyway, he's a very friendly chap and generous in everything. he actually puts a big pot of coriander and let u help yourself to the amount u delight!!

the beef pieces he adds are amazingly big chucks! with balls, and tendons and stomach n etc. $4 - Wow! damn worth it! and yes, the soup stock is fabulous too!!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
usually when i see chinaman hawking the stall, i siam. but one that really makes me going back again was the beef noodle located at one corner of peoples' park complex hc.

his beef noodle sells for only $4. the amount of meat and noodle he gives is really alot. maybe he thinks sgporeans eat as much as chinamen back home. anyway, he's a very friendly chap and generous in everything. he actually puts a big pot of coriander and let u help yourself to the amount u delight!!

the beef pieces he adds are amazingly big chucks! with balls, and tendons and stomach n etc. $4 - Wow! damn worth it! and yes, the soup stock is fabulous too!!

Beware you eating gutter oil hehe

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
a humble wise quote from my li'l brother leetahsar:

you eat, u die
u don't eat, also u die.
now u decide whether to eat and die happily
or don't eat and die unhappily?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a humble wise quote from my li'l brother leetahsar:

you eat, u die
u don't eat, also u die.
now u decide whether to eat and die happily
or don't eat and die unhappily?

Don't forget that in Spore it is very costly to get sick.
If you end up in hospital better hope you have $$$.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget that in Spore it is very costly to get sick.
If you end up in hospital better hope you have $$$.

everyone shall succumb to certain sickness that might prove to be his last. u think everyone could be like the immortal ky? one achoo and all the top drs panic and standing by?

like my li'l brother leetahsar says: WE ARE BORN TO PREPARE FOR DEATH.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
i only remember blanko court at north bridge road. went there to buy blanko and xmas deco.