• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chio jap blogger shocked that pple look down on grasscutter

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It has been four years since I moved to Singapore. Every now and then I am still asked “What is your greatest culture shock since living in Singapore?” my replies are usually politically correct, such as food and lingo. But to be very honest this is the one: the lack of respect and bigotry towards a certain group of occupation. And unfortunately this is also the biggest shock shared among a lot of the Japanese here in Singapore.

In Japan, first thing we teach children is “Every job is respectful and precious”. We cannot go putting our values on other people’s work.” In Singapore however, many adults would tell their children to study hard so they would not end up a cleaner or bus driver in the future. Worse still, they make it an effort to condescend those profession to make sure they got their point across.

See? she can detect sinkieness.. i am right again

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Try working in Jap company in junior position and see how much "respect"you get from upper management. :rolleyes:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she's right. i hope no sinkie looks down on me when i proudly tell them i'm a nightsoil collector and disposer. :o

When you are paid $250k a year for any job, even as sanitation captain, you will get the respect. Your job is stress free and fixed hours ...much better than a manager's job.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is always a good laugh when Aussies read Sinkies CVs and Singapore job positions like "Senior Executive, Finance" appears and I have explain that it is probably an administrative role earning less than $120,000 a year, and not a long standing and top ranking member of the management of an organisation. :biggrin:

You are very generous. 'Senior Executive' makes, at most, $72k. The 'Manager' could be commanding that six-figure salary.