• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fap will probably still win the next ge because of these 10 reasons

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]THE PAP WILL PROBABLY STILL WIN THE NEXT GE BECAUSE OF THESE 10 REASONS[/h]
Post date:
9 Sep 2014 - 7:46pm

Many TRS readers predict that PAP will be voted out soon when PM Lee calls for General Elections next year. They reckon that hot button issues such as low, stagnating wages, high cost of HDB flats, immigration, healthcare and CPF will push swing voters into voting for opposition.

During the last GE 2011, many people have shunned the PAP rallies while they thronged opposition party rallies to seek alternative solutions from WP, SPP, RP, SDP and NSP. But yet, low turnout at PAP rallies and high turnout at opposition rallies do not translate into votes for opposition.

As many TRS readers may not really know the ground level well (because many of them are just keyboard warriors), below are some reasons why native, local, born and bred Singaporeans may still vote for PAP. This, together with new citizens, may be the deciding factors why PAP may still win by a landslide in GE2015.

And if after reading this and feel strongly about this, please do volunteer and sign up with a political party and walk the ground and convince more swing voters to join forces with you.

1) My Vote Can Still Be Traced Through Serial Numbers
You will be surprised that many Singaporeans are still wary of this and may stand to lose out in applying for Govt jobs, kenna sacked from their Govt jobs or not enjoy first priority balloting for their children or HDB flats.
As a result, they will still vote for the incumbent due to fear and threats from PAP.

2) I See my PAP MP often at festive occasions and on void deck banners and don't have the heart to vote against him/her.
Possibly because the PAP MPs gives out freebies regularly to the needy and voters may think he/she is a good person who looks after residents well.
Voters who belong to this category are not aware with the PAP MP's track record in Parliament.

3) PAP Seems to Be Listening Better and More Responsive So I Choose to Give Them an Endorsement
Voters who think along this line may have forgotten the GE2001 elections in which PAP received an overwhelming 70% of high mandate. After that, PAP chose to increase GST, increase utility bills even when SARS took place and many people were suffering.

4) I Don't Trust Opposition Enough to Vote for Them
Voters who don't trust opposition players are usually people who read SPH or Mediacorp news or remember Dr Chee Soon Juan screaming at Goh Chok Tong in 2001. or getting sued by PAP means you are automatically the bad guys.

5) I Only Vote for WP and PAP.
Perhaps WP is the victim of its own success but WP is concentrating its resources in the East.
Voters are wary of RP, SDP and NSP may choose to vote for PAP simply because they are not familiar with other opposition candidates or they feel that the quality is not good enough as compared to PAP

6) I Want Estate Upgrading So I Choose PAP
Some voters may want better facilities such as lifts at overhead bridges or solar panels at the HDB blocks or pneumatic waste systems because their PAP MPs promise that these facilities will mean a reduction of their town council fees or improve their property value.

7) I Am A Civil Servant So I Will Support PAP

Civil servants are defenders of the status quo. They have no problems meeting the Minimum Sum, no competition from foreigners and have guaranteed 13th month bonus and recently, PM Lee announced a pay increase for them. They may curse at crowded trains or congested shopping malls but then again, they do not feel the full impact of PAP's policies as much as those in private sector.

8) My PAP MP Looks Like a Good Guy.
People are judgemental and judge politicians based on first impression and image.
Many have likened Dr Chee Soon Juan's smile as an evil grin hiding something while Lily Neo looks like a motherly figure whom I will vote for.
Let's admit that image and style over substance will persuade voters to vote for PAP.

9) I Only Have One Vote and Don't Want to Spoil My Vote
Voters treasure their votes and want to vote for PAP as they feel their quality of opposition candidates are not good enough for them.

10) I Received my Pioneer Generation Package So Will Vote for PAP
These voters are easily bribed with the lure of money and will vote for PAP to return their favour.

CJ
TRS Contributor

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah...........if sinkies choose to live like sheep...........then they deserve to be slaughtered like sheep lor...........

those can migrate should do so................those that can't then cry mother cry father...............

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumbfuck opposition supporting retard miss out the most important reason
Opposition is Useless

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dumbfuck opposition supporting retard miss out the most important reason
Opposition is Useless

Yes I fully agreed. :biggrin:

Source:
TR EMERITUS

Former NMP & ex-YPAP Calvin Cheng insults S’poreans
September 9th, 2014 | Author: Contributions

Would like to bring this to the attention of all. Former NMP and ex-YPAP member Calvin Cheng posted the following comments on CNA’s Facebook page (he has since deleted his postings):

https://www.facebook.com/ChannelNews...al_comments=15

Kah-Chng-640x407.jpg

Insulting comment by ex-NMP Calvin Cheng against Singaporeans

This guy is pro-PAP FT policy. Online, he has been touting PAP’s pro-FT policy.

In the recent CNA news report [Link] about the woman who defecated outside Holland Village MRT station, Calvin Cheng got into arguments with netizens on the Facebook page.

In his quest touting the virtues of having more immigrants coming to Singapore, he insulted Singaporeans. He posted”

“When Singapore had nothing it was even harder for the immigrants. There was nothing to take. Now if immigrants come and they don’t speak English well, come from a developing country, did not have the comfort that a Singaporean has growing up and STILL you lose your job to them, then frankly you are a bit sh*t aren’t you? At the end of the day as long as your forefather is an immigrant don’t complain”.

It never crosses his mind that it is because the foreign workers are cheap, working 14 hours a day, 6 days a week and dare not complain, is making them more attractive than Singaporeans for employers to employ!

If PAP allows slavery in Singapore like in the olden times, I’m sure employers will all be ecstatic! How can such a calibre like Calvin Cheng became an NMP in the first place? How does the Govt select our NMPs?

He also said that “the concept of a true-blue Singaporean is nonsensical”. He clearly thinks that native-born Singaporeans do not deserve any benefits of being citizens, never mind the fact that native-born Singaporean males serve the burden of defending the country with their lives, and some have indeed died in training accidents during their National Service.

Incidentally, Calvin Cheng runs a modeling agency. He clearly either doesn’t understand or simply doesn’t care that Singaporeans face several disadvantages compared to foreigners. For one thing, the take home pay of a foreigner is a significant 20% higher than that of a Singaporean because of the employee CPF contribution. Similarly, foreigners are 17% cheaper to an employer because of the employer CPF contribution.

Moreover, most of these foreigners come from Third World nations with a favorable exchange rate, and when they finally return home they can expect to enjoy a better life than most Singaporeans have. In addition, male Singaporeans have an additional burden in their NS reservist liability, something often used as an excuse by many employers to employ foreigners instead. NS also causes these males also lose out 2 years to foreigners in University education and employment opportunities.

Singaporeans already face an unequal playing field competing against the newcomers due to the above reasons. With business owners like Calvin Cheng who openly shows disrespect for his own people and favors foreigners instead, native Singaporeans will face an additional obstacle in employment opportunities.

This is not the first time that a former or current PAP member has openly insulted Singaporeans. Former MM Lee Kuan Yew once labelled Singaporeans as being lazy:

Over time, the MM says, Singaporeans have become “less hard-driving and hard-striving.” This is why it is a good thing, the MM says, that the nation has welcomed so many Chinese immigrants (25 percent of the population is now foreign-born). He is aware that many Singaporeans are unhappy with the influx of immigrants, especially those educated newcomers prepared to fight for higher paying jobs. But taking a typically Darwinian stance, the MM describes the country’s new subjects as “hungry,” with parents who “pushed the children very hard.” If native Singaporeans are falling behind because “the spurs are not stuck into the hide,” that is their problem.

Maybe the PAP itself should get more spurs to stick in their members’ hides so as to teach them humility and to respect the sacrifices of their fellow countrymen and women instead of taking them for granted and badmouthing them openly!

Benjamin

* Submitted by TRE reader

Editor’s note: NEA has identified the woman who defecated outside Holland Village MRT station last month as a 34-year old Singaporean with a long history of schizophrenia and intellectual disability. NEA has issued a stern warning to the woman.

End Of Article​

Reader's comment:

Bulls:
September 9, 2014 at 6:49 pm (Quote)
Calvin Cheng u r a man right?
Man up, come on!
Dare to write and be a traitor for the nation to see, shouldn’t have deleted it.
Put it back if you are a real man.