• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Revealed: Real story behind the Zorro mask

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
pillowtalk
dodgeball
and your "comrades"

Don't bullshit. Your party lacks the political will to restructure the economy so that workers - and I mean all workers - can be paid a decent living wage. Don't talk crap about progressive wage model. Go and compare what others country like Australia, Canadians Scandinavia Finland etc are doing.

Your party is addicted to cheap labour. All you can think of is cost cutting and factors of production. All you know how to import foreigners. Come on lah who are you kidding?

pillowtalk

Alfrescian
Loyal
pillowtalk
dodgeball
and your "comrades"

Don't bullshit. Your party lacks the political will to restructure the economy so that workers - and I mean all workers - can be paid a decent living wage. Don't talk crap about progressive wage model. Go and compare what others country like Australia, Canadians Scandinavia Finland etc are doing.

Your party is addicted to cheap labour. All you can think of is cost cutting and factors of production. All you know how to import foreigners. Come on lah who are you kidding?

The other countries have natural resources. Of course it's easy to lead a slack life there. Don't make ridiculous comparisons.

Come on lah who are you kidding? SMEs are facing labour shortage because of the tightening of foreign workers. ESP in the service industry.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The other countries have natural resources. Of course it's easy to lead a slack life there. Don't make ridiculous comparisons.

Come on lah who are you kidding? SMEs are facing labour shortage because of the tightening of foreign workers. ESP in the service industry.

So we have no natural resources and that's the excuse for wage suppression, open floodgates to foreigners, no across the board minimum wage, and an economy that is not focused on productivity?

The Singapore economic model is not sustainable. Now you can import all the foreigners you like and pump up the economy like a junkie on narcotics. Then when the whole island is fully saturated what happens? Where is the economic growth going to come from then?

pillowtalk

Alfrescian
Loyal
So we have no natural resources and that's the excuse for wage suppression, open floodgates to foreigners, no across the board minimum wage, and an economy that is not focused on productivity?

The Singapore economic model is not sustainable. Now you can import all the foreigners you like and pump up the economy like a junkie on narcotics. Then when the whole island is fully saturated what happens? Where is the economic growth going to come from then?

So skill your people. That's what progressive wage model aims to do for all. even PMEs. everyone has a career ladder. everyone has a fair chance at success. Like ASPIRE for ite and dip holders.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are end consumers willing to pay more conservancy fees? If your basic wage is set too high for a start, businesses will go bust and a lot of workers would lose their jobs.

consumers are stuck with high conservancy fees because of bloated contracts given to middlemen companies which are little more than manpower brokers. if the town councils went back to directly hiring cleaners instead of sub-ing it all out to middlemen companies, then we can pay cleaners more without having to raise fees.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So skill your people. That's what progressive wage model aims to do for all. even PMEs. everyone has a career ladder. everyone has a fair chance at success. Like ASPIRE for ite and dip holders.

"skill your people"... "career ladder"... "fair chance of suck cess"

Pls give more credible evidence besides repeating propaganda slogans. Can public servants like you finally grow a pair of balls and a brain? or is being called a dog a life-long ambition of yours?

Has the productivity of the sg worker increased? Has the productivity of companies increased? Are sinkie employees still being marginalised by foreigner hiring managers?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To me, if you were to ask me would I do it again. I would do it again. Why? Because between trying to avoid all these flaming by people, and making the nurses happy and laugh, the choice is clear. I think that’s what the labour movement is all about. Everything is about being worker-centric."

Dressing up as Zorro and having the constant habit of talking cock from his CB mouth... Lim Swee Say and his legacies as Labour leader..

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I'm paid so much money per year, I don't mind being a buffoon, what do you people think huh?

10245389_561274253990667_1783730394050192831_n.jpg

breadtalk2207e_0_0_0.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SDGsuKvgB5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

735101_556784067687918_321095233_n.jpg

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Now who's the one making it sound easy? You can't just order people to pick up new skills all the time. And there's no guarantee than companies will look at it favourably either, when at the end of the day, the G has made cheap foreign labour so abundant.

If you want people to have a fair chance of success, you must first level the playing field for locals. Because of the abundant foreign labour, older workers face unemployment or underemployment. Clearly all the skills upgrading isn't working.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nonsense. The PAP has broad-brushed the word "natural resource" and for years people have taken it hook, line and sinker.

The trick is how you define "natural resource". If you limit your definition to only the valuable natural resources like fuel based products, only a few countries have it. The rest have natural resources that bring negligible income and guess what? Half the world do not. Taiwan, Switzerland, Belgium, Japan and South Korea do not have natural resource defined in the PAP's terms. How do they survive?

If you want to include natural products like fish, even Singapore has that.

Some people just want to be fooled for as long as they live.