• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Revealed: Real story behind the Zorro mask

pillowtalk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral of the story: Do not always be quick to judge.

"I give you a simple illustration about having the interests of the Singaporean workers at heart. On Nurses’ Day, our Healthcare Services Employees’ Union (HSEU), asked me, “Sec-Gen, can you come to our Nurses’ Day to give our nurses encouragement? I said ‘Sure’.”

So I arrived on site. The management of the hospital were hiding in the corner. Sec-Gen, we are going to give nurses a surprise. We are all going to dress up as characters.

So they ask me, “Are you game enough to join us?”, and I said, ‘Of course!’ I would do anything for the nurses and let them have a good laugh.”

So the management looked at all the costumes. I told them if they could give me something simple, as I did not have sufficient time to change. They said Zorro is the easiest. You just put on the the cape and the mask. So I became Zorro and everyone had a good laugh and good fun.

But I was flamed on the social media — “Lim Swee Say think so highly of himself. Want to be hero.”

To me, if you were to ask me would I do it again. I would do it again. Why? Because between trying to avoid all these flaming by people, and making the nurses happy and laugh, the choice is clear. I think that’s what the labour movement is all about. Everything is about being worker-centric."

Don the Zorro mask one more time? Labour chief Lim Swee Say explains why he will do it again. | Mothership.SG

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"To me, if you were to ask me would I do it again. I would do it again.... I think that’s what the labour movement is all about. Everything is about being worker-centric."

Oh really? If the workers tell you they want to withdraw their CPF early, would you do it for the workers?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Moral of the story: Do not always be quick to judge.

So the management looked at all the costumes. I told them if they could give me something simple, as I did not have sufficient time to change. They said Zorro is the easiest. You just put on the the cape and the mask. So I became Zorro and everyone had a good laugh and good fun.

That mask and cape (convert to money bag for real cash) is actually for a CPF robber, not Zorro.

poster-image10.jpg

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
what actually is he doing to help lowly or underpaid paid workers? is he siding them or siding the employers?

if i say he's a traitor of the workers. am i defaming him?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and he followed up with a steal on toothpicks to make the whole nation laugh and have fun poking him.

pillowtalk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh really? If the workers tell you they want to withdraw their CPF early, would you do it for the workers?

And have insufficient funds for retirement? Sure. Sounds like something you would do if you were the labour chief. Be populist without thinking of consequences of certain decisions.

pillowtalk

Alfrescian
Loyal
what actually is he doing to help lowly or underpaid paid workers? is he siding them or siding the employers?

if i say he's a traitor of the workers. am i defaming him?

The reason why it is mandatory for cleaners to receive a basic wage of $1,000 today, all credit goes to him. He has been pushing for progressive wage model because it protects our local workers. Due to the dependency ratio of 1:10 (1 being foreigner), you can hire foreign workers at a cheaper rate but you can't do that to a local worker anymore. Also, cleaners now have a career ladder. If they know how to operate machine, they can be outdoor cleaner and earn $1,200.

This is an improvement from the past.

http://berthahenson.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/chatting-with-lim-swee-say-part-2/

Last edited:

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pays himself more than a million dollars a year and all he did was increase cleaner's min wage to $1000.

Now I understand why he wore a mask. I would be so embarrassed too

You think its easy to get the buy in from more than 1000 companies with a workforce of 52,000 cleaners and have licensing written into law? The law now protects workers, mind you. If it was so easy to implement progressive wage model, security industry wouldn't have faced roadblocks. Are end consumers willing to pay more conservancy fees? If your basic wage is set too high for a start, businesses will go bust and a lot of workers would lose their jobs.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You think its easy to get the buy in from more than 1000 companies with a workforce of 52,000 cleaners and have licensing written into law? The law now protects workers, mind you. If it was so easy to implement progressive wage model, security industry wouldn't have faced roadblocks. Are end consumers willing to pay more conservancy fees? If your basic wage is set too high for a start, businesses will go bust and a lot of workers would lose their jobs.

Of course it's not easy... If it's an easy job to do then why is he getting paid so much?

For the little amount of output generated it seems he's getting paid too much huh?

Btw, don't need to change IDs to reply to me lah pls

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ask him if he were to die tomorrow, what would he be remembered as? (minister capacity-wise)

Perhaps that might prompt him to do something....

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ask him if he were to die tomorrow, what would he be remembered as? (minister capacity-wise)

Perhaps that might prompt him to do something....

Unlike the pioneer batch of ministers like Goh keng swee, the legacy this batch of Pap leave behind will be one of shame and abhorrence.

I can assure you... decades later, your children and your children's children will spit at the mention Mah bow tan, Wong kan seng, Lim swee say et al.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course it's not easy... If it's an easy job to do then why is he getting paid so much?

For the little amount of output generated it seems he's getting paid too much huh?....

besides being the resident cabinet clown, he's just letting off steam and having fun - sometimes filching toothpicks too...and being paid big bucks:mad:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Very poor attempt at white washing. People are not complaining about the cartoon character. They are mocking it only because they know too well what a hypocrite LSS is. As labour chief, declined to implement a minimum wage, used his tripartite alliance for his own party's benefit rather than to protect the rights of workers, allowed wages to be depressed, allowed foreign nationals to discriminate against Singaporeans in the workplace. Everything he has done as labour chief is to benefit government and not workers. Plus another of those jiak Liao bee ministers who sit in PM office and collect high salary without doing anything useful. Somemore can boast that he look at CPF statement can feel sooooooo rich.