• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

anyone still use this vintage door in their bedroom? kee chiu

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really want to have one of those zinc bathroom doors... I don't care for fanciful sliding or folding doors, or colourful patterns on them.

The zinc doors were light, functional and durable.

Mvbq4.jpg

one thing about this zinc door.if your wc toilet is small,you got very little leg room to move out when you fully swing the door open.
those who used it before will know what i m talking

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
one thing about this zinc door.if your wc toilet is small,you got very little leg room to move out when you fully swing the door open.

Squatting no problem la

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's not a valid excuse, because the newer flats and Home Improvement Program all have swing-out bathroom doors.

If you want to blame someone, blame the HDB for shrinking your flat, especially your kitchen and bathroom. :wink:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not a valid excuse, because the newer flats and Home Improvement Program all have swing-out bathroom doors.

If you want to blame someone, blame the HDB for shrinking your flat, especially your kitchen and bathroom. :wink:

my old hdb flat got tall ceiling.
even after hanging one ceiling fan, i still cannot touch the fan with my fan fully stretch.
i m 1.7m tall.

low ceiling flat got a feeling of suppression.

any one ceiling got weird sound of children playing marble deep in the night?and also sound of moving furniture deep in the night

AfterTheWar

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u want to live in the seventies and eighties, have your home furnishings transform to that. My contractor will pm u with their quotations. After it is done u can invite sph journalists to your new old homes and enjoy your short period of fame. :biggrin:

Rasczak

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know what? This thread is like a "oh how i missed the good old days and wish i can travel back in time and young again" Another tweet to my friends on how awesome this is.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know what? This thread is like a "oh how i missed the good old days and wish i can travel back in time and young again" Another tweet to my friends on how awesome this is.

nothing wrong with recalling back our early days memory.
vintage is a big business.
food republic and malaysia boleh at jurong point are vintage furnish..i like their design:biggrin:

GeneralHavoc

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing wrong with recalling back our early days memory.
vintage is a big business.
food republic and malaysia boleh at jurong point are vintage furnish..i like their design:biggrin:

More like they are swatting flies. I think customers are a minority few.

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another relic is metal louvre windows....all part and parcel of 70s hdb.
Unless someone never renovate their flats else all these would be gone liao.

They were made of hard solid iron, feel very heavy to push open and pull to close. Imho, building materials before the '90 are very solid. :wink:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
They were made of hard solid iron, feel very heavy to push open and pull to close. Imho, building materials before the '90 are very solid. :wink:

modern days aluminum grills are hollow center easily stretchable.
the 70s,windows grills are soild and you can paint the color you want.

ajt5000

Hi,
I am actually looking for an HDB flat that has this zinc door to do a shoot for a campaign video.
Anyone knows who I can get in touch with please email me at [email protected].

Thank you!
Julian