• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP preparing for a military coup if oppositions become government?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Very hard to find soldiers to shoot civilians in a military coup. It could be their own relatives that they fire upon. This is south east asia, most coups are bloody. The only time I see NSmen called up in a coup, shooting civilians is when all the new FT citizens and PRs rally to support the PAP. Than I would order my unit to fire at will into the crowd.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very hard to find soldiers to shoot civilians in a military coup. It could be their own relatives that they fire upon. This is south east asia, most coups are bloody. The only time I see NSmen called up in a coup, shooting civilians is when all the new FT citizens and PRs rally to support the PAP. Than I would order my unit to fire at will into the crowd.

Maybe that is why LKY relied on the gurkhas:confused:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those who believe so strongly that a PAP coup will fail,go out and protest and strike at istana right now......u think the SAF are a bunch of pushover cojoneless gu niangs.....then overthrowing the government should be easy.....

gimme a break,sinkies are balless and humji,they can only dream of doing a Tiananmen square like tiongs.......SAF soldiers will not blink an eye at gunning down Sinkies....like LKY said,if 100,000 sinkies have to die,so be it.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The probability of military coup in sinkieland is as good as striking lottery. Military service is only seen as a career for regulars not a calling. For NSF it just a legal obligations.

Furthermore, SAF units don't stockpile any armaments other than that few 5.56 rounds at the guard room. All ammunition are store at the centrally in the few ammo base and draw out on a as needed basis like standby or live firing exercise. This makes it impossible for units to secretly prepare for a coup without raising alert.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The idea sounds far fetched until I think again...will the SAF listen or obey a non PAP gahment?? Not sure!!

When they sense that their rice bowls will not be so golden with the new government, these generals would probably want PAP back and discredit the new government. Thus a coup is possible.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
This article shows how retarded the average opposition supporting moron can be. National Service is the best prevention against PAP or any single party holding on to power via military means. The army is manned by civilians, if the government loss popular support, which idiot in their right mind with put on their uniform to hold them in power. The majority won't. NS is the best insurance SG have against a despotic government, only retard opposition supporting morons will fail to see this